Staying out of the OT and ENT forum

lisana

I'm having an internal debate about my participation in the OT and ENT forum, especially the OT forum. I enjoy this board and some of the threads in OT are very interesting. But for reasons i don't want to get into right now, I'm thinking about banning myself from those two boards. I know that some of you have made this decision as well, and I just want to know what your reasons were for doing so. Thanks ladies

P.S. This has nothing to do with anyone on this board. Since I have been here it's been pretty smooth sailing with everyone. I like all of the ladies. But I just am having this discussion with myself right now.

-Lisana

DreamLife

I just got back on LHCF after a 6 month hiatus...I just started posting on the OT forum. There are some topics that if I don't like, or if people are really arguing I just don't post or look at. Most of my threads I start in OT could actually be put in here but sometimes no one is viewing the Christian forum. And alot of time responses in here are really...really slow.

Blackoutzangel05

I was thinking the same thing today. I am here for hair and I love the responses that I get from the Christian Board, however they can be slow sometimes. I have no personal problem with anyone on this board but I feel that I am not meant to entertain everywhere, I guess. I am still not sure what I am going to do...but I definitely understand your feelings and am having some of the same myself.

miracle

lisana said:
I'm having an internal debate about my participation in the OT and ENT forum, especially the OT forum. I enjoy this board and some of the threads in OT are very interesting. But for reasons i don't want to get into right now, I'm thinking about banning myself from those two boards. I know that some of you have made this decision as well, and I just want to know what your reasons were for doing so. Thanks ladies

P.S. This has nothing to do with anyone on this board. Since I have been here it's been pretty smooth sailing with everyone. I like all of the ladies. But I just am having this discussion with myself right now.

-Lisana

I understand 110% & am having the same debate.

Dee-Licious

I have never believed in separating myself from people because I'm a christian and they are not.

WE ALL were lost at sometime, and could have never found our way unless we were told and shown.

I plan to KEEP my presence around to show that a few don't represent the many. I'm not on here to judge or condemn, and hopefully the ladies will respect me for that and be able to see Christians in a different light.

I'd feel bad if Jesus decided to stay away from folks who thought differently :ohwell: Us heathens would have never learned the right way.

But to each his own.

Radianthealth

I still go to the OT and ENT forums. I haven't seen anything that bothered me in a while.

If this will make you happy, I say do it.

StrawberryQueen

MsDee4 said:
I have never believed in separating myself from people because I'm a christian and they are not.

WE ALL were lost at sometime, and could have never found our way unless we were told and shown.

I plan to KEEP my presence around to show that a few don't represent the many. I'm not on here to judge or condemn, and hopefully the ladies will respect me for that and be able to see Christians in a different light.

I'd feel bad if Jesus decided to stay away from folks who thought differently :ohwell: Us heathens would have never learned the right way.

But to each his own.
Co-sign!

But I'm not sure what yall are talking about. What about the ENT and OT forums makes you not want to go over there?

cocoberry10

lisana said:
No topic in particular was on my mind when I posted this thread. I just want to know what everyone thinks.

I try to stay away from some of the sex threads (i.e. one night stands, since I don't do that and am celibate). But I also know that God can use me in many situations/threads. And at this point, I'm comfortable in my walk to know when I don't need to read/respond to a thread. For example, I made some points in the bootycall thread (though I've never been in that situation) that were well received by the women. I basically said, if you want a relationship, don't settle for less (than God's best:) ). I used an example like, "if you go to the store to buy bread, but you come out with a bag of doritos." The bread is like the relationship, the doritos is the bootycall. One is clearly nourishing to the body, the other is junk food.

However, I totally understand what you mean. Some things don't sit right with my spirit either. I think you should pray about it and let God lead you.

I've noticed that some of the threads that discuss the issues with Black men are threads that I stay away from or give an objective view of. However, it's important not to cloud yourself with things that will give you a negative spirit. This negativity could keep you from God's best, IMO!

DreamLife

MsDee4 said:

But to each his own.

Thats a good thought. But when I ask for advice or vent (as I often do on LHCF)I often want a Christian perspective, scriptures, prayers, etc. But it is always a good idea to know and listen to others with different perspectives (something I had to learn the hard way in college).

cocoberry10

MsDee4 said:

But to each his own.

I agree with this, and for me, I believe God can use me in many ways, with Christians and non-Christians. And some of the OT threads have been opportunities for me to "minister" to people, in a non-judgmental way. God has blessed me with the gift of parables and insight.

However, if you aren't comfortable, then stay away. Again, pray for all guidance!

cocoberry10

evagray said:
Thats a good thought. But when I ask for advice or vent (as I often do on LHCF)I often want a Christian perspective, scriptures, prayers, etc. But it is always a good idea to know and listen to others with different perspectives (something I had to learn the hard way in college).

If I were you, I would PM some of the members that frequent the Christian board (i.e. Shimmie, RelaxerRehab, Lauren, others--I'm not trying to leave anyone out...and you can always PM me:) for those types of questions. I understand what you are saying though!

Dee-Licious

StrawberryQueen said:
Co-sign!

But I'm not sure what yall are talking about. What about the ENT and OT forums makes you not want to go over there?

for me nothing... that's my place to be!! but you know how I am :lol:

deltagyrl

Interesting thread.

I must admit that sometimes I'm all up in threads that I probably shouldn't be in.

I dunno. I'm a work in progress.

I do understand where the OP is coming from but the christian threads are so slooooooooooooooooow and I don't just want to talk about Jesus all day.

Guess it's a personal decision.

*Michelle*

evagray said:
If this board were more active, I think I would be in here more often.

I know that I would. But I would still go to OT just not as much.

OP, good luck in your decision and of course pray about it.

DreamLife

cocoberry10 said:
If I were you, I would PM some of the members that frequent the Christian board (i.e. Shimmie, RelaxerRehab, Lauren, others--I'm not trying to leave anyone out...and you can always PM me:) for those types of questions. I understand what you are saying though!

Thanks! I rarely send PM's, I was sort of scared...but I will start!

I'm a long time lurker and I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure why but sometimes I leave those boards and I just don't feel good. I'm not sure how to explain it and I honestly don't know why I feel this way...still trying to figure it out

Dee-Licious

cocoberry10 said:
I try to stay away from some of the sex threads (i.e. one night stands, since I don't do that and am celibate). But I also know that God can use me in many situations/threads. And at this point, I'm comfortable in my walk to know when I don't need to read/respond to a thread. For example, I made some points in the bootycall thread (though I've never been in that situation) that were well received by the women. I basically said, if you want a relationship, don't settle for less (than God's best:) ). I used an example like, "if you go to the store to buy bread, but you come out with a bag of doritos." The bread is like the relationship, the doritos is the bootycall. One is clearly nourishing to the body, the other is junk food.

gosh, giving me something to think about :(

I have a bag of Doritos next to my bed right now literally :lol: and sometimes figuratively :look:

*Michelle*

evagray said:
Thanks! I rarely send PM's, I was sort of scared...but I will start!

Me too. For some reason its like knocking on a strangers door :confused:

Maybe because I don't really know anybody and they don't know me...I dunno.:perplexed

Dee-Licious

delta_gyrl said:
Interesting thread.

I must admit that sometimes I'm all up in threads that I probably shouldn't be in.

I do understand where the OP is coming from but the christian threads are so slooooooooooooooooow and I don't just want to talk about Jesus all day.

I'm sorry, but this made me :lachen: :lachen: It's soooo true for me to!! I was all up in the booty-call commandments thread DECLARING new ones :nono: :)

DreamLife

Pixel Lady said:
Me too. For some reason its like knocking on a strangers door

Maybe because I don't really know anybody and they don't know me...I dunno.

Yeah I'm pretty shy in real life AND on the internet...:perplexed

PaperClip

delta_gyrl said:
Interesting thread.

This made me laugh!:lol:

Talking about Jesus keeps a sistah out of trouble!:lol:

I know what you mean, though.... I think what's interesting is that when there are hot topics on the Christian board, people are watching.... actually, more people are probably watching/lurking than realized....

cocoberry10

mellowdome said:
I'm a long time lurker and I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure why but sometimes I leave those boards and I just don't feel good. I'm not sure how to explain it and I honestly don't know why I feel this way...still trying to figure it out

You have to sit down and pray about it, and ask God to reveal it to you.

For example, if you went into one of the ET threads and there were pics of celebs looking absolutely flawless, in perfect makeup, hair jewelry, and clothing, it could make you feel insecure about yourself. BUT, you have to also remember, these are professional shots, many celebs have had cosmetic work done, they have professional makeup artists, personal trainers, chefs, stylists, etc. Therefore, even though they may/may not have natural beauty, they all also have lots of help! But if it affected you like this (not sure if it does), then staying away may be best for you.

Or if you were in OT and a topic say about race/interracial dating/color-complex came up, and you were sensitive about one of these topics (since all of these are favorites in there), then staying out of those threads, or any threads that add to your insecurity, would be a good idea:)