"Standing firm for Jesus" or Spagetti

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Oh Jesus Never Fails. I hope that all who read this message will be blessed for that is it's true purpose. ;)

There's an old saying, "Don't take my kindness for weakness." Many of us have encountered situations when our kindness towards someone or in a given situation was taken for granted and often used against us. However, that's life.

We live in this earthen vessel; yet there is surely a spiritual realm who seeks to drop kick us at any given moment, rendering us 'stunned' and unable re-group before we've been taken down.

I love this scripture in Ephesians 4. "Be angry and sin not, let not the sun go down upon your wrath; neither give place to the devil." You know what God is saying, 'don't be a wimp; least you give place to the devil.

GRANTED anyone with common sense knows that we are to have love and forgiveness and humility in our walk and testimony for the Lord. Jesus is the SINGLE perfect example of that. Jesus made it plain, we are to be quick to repent and quick to forgive. But there is a point in our lives to show some backbone, and take a stand for what's ours in the kingdom of God and fight for it. LEAST we give place to the devil.

Jesus did this all through His ministry here on earth. Did He not stand against satan in the wilderness..."Get the behind me satan." Did He not take a stand in the Temple and with a whip even.... :shocked: When approached by the religious rulers, Jesus shut them up called them what they were...hypocrites.

And you know what? Just look around and see where we have wimped out and given place to the devil in our lives. Our schools are a mess; we still have Black schools with improper teaching materials as well as ill taught instructors. homosexuality is now being 'taught' to our children in and out of school as NORMAL; lying, cheating and stealing is still given priviledges to exist, adultery, divorces, sexual perversions upon any persuasion has become a standard rather than an obsurdity....Hmmmmm, and why on earth is America still filled with homeless families and hungry children?

Why is this? The answer: "Spagetti". If you ever noticed, spagetti begins soft and then it hardens and it stands tall and straight. But as soon as spagetti, gets into hot water, it becomes a wimp; it curls up and slides all around the plate in a helpless state. It's easily 'twisted' and 'twirled' around a knife or fork and has no power of its own; it's at the mercy of the person in control. As soon as someone 'accuses' us of being 'unloving' as a Christian, or a Bible thumper, or we have religious intolerance, we wimp out. And these accusations are only a sprinkler. I'd hate to see who can handle the real pot of hot water...pressure to succomb to the world.

On the other hand, Arrogance refuses to even get near the hot water. Instead, it takes its stand for what's right and refuses to wimp out and rendered powerless in its purpose.

When I first learned the power I had in Jesus and the authority I had in His word, my whole world changed and all for the better; but not just for me, but for others in and out of my family.

I refused t allow the devil place in my children's health. They grew up healthy and strong when others around them were falling out with numerous afflictions. I refused to allow the devil place in my son's life with drugs which nearly killed him, when others around him literally dying and being buried...young mothers losing their sons. My kids did not grow up stealing or to be on welfare; they are self supporting. Why? Arrogance! I knew what the word of God promises and I stood upon it refusing to taken down.

Marriages have been saved. Homes have been saved. Husbands have returned home to their families; Jobs have been obtained. Not because of me, but 'Arrogance' which did not allow sin to enter in and weaken the testimony of the Word upon which I believed. Arrogance is what keeps me on my face in prayer. An intercessor cannot give up until the Holy Spirit gives 'them' a release in prayer.

It's Arrogance that keeps us there is prayer, holding on to the 'Horns of the Altar.' Jacob was arrogant with the angel of the Lord, stating..."I will not let you go until you bless me.' Boaz was arrogant when he sought to be Ruth's kinsmen redeemer. He left to obtain permission to marry her, and the word says, that he would not rest until the matter was settled. Arrogance was in the woman in II Kings, who when her son died, she went to the prophet Elisha, and arrogantly stated the entire journey, "It is Well." For she knew the man of God would bring her son back to life. Praise God for Arrogance...refusing to fail.

satan has roared and threatened many a Christian, yet we roared back with Arrogance. It is written, It is written, It is written, thus saith the Lord God, the Lord of Hosts, the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle....our Jehovah Nissie...we will not wimp out because the devil doesn't like it. We will not hinder the power of God's operation in our lives. It's take a stand on God's word or end up as spagetti...weaken and loose; no backbone to help you stand upon the power of God's word.

I'm not weakening my testimony by standing firm on the word of God... INSTEAD, I am strengthening the armour which God has given to protect us. God says we are to be vigilant...aware of the devil.

Is anyone here just plain tired of the devil? Are you tired of being broke, because of his selfish nature which has caused others to steal from you? Are you tired of the devil acting up in your homes, marriages, your children, your familes....Ummmm hindering your hair growth?

Ummm, is there a wife here tired of some other woman always up in your husband's face....IN CHURCH? Come on, now. Here's the perfect example right here. Now we are told to be loving and kind to each other; to open our hearts, homes and vehicles to one another. While TRUE, God did not call us to be a fool. I'm giving the devil NO PLACE around my husband. This is my point. If I open myself up 'blindly' to a woman who's obvious intentions is to 'push up' on my husband, Ummmmm, NO, ain't no spagetti dinner up in here. I'll 'love' her in Christ, but not in my home and marriage.
We have to rightly discern when to be soft and when to stand firm. Case Closed.

satan is NOT our friend. he has absolutely no mercy upon his victims. We have to 'watch' and pray and be fullly aware of where he is trying to get a foothold and enter into our lives to take over. he's very subtle and he is a Master Deceiver. The slightest thing of appeared innocent can be a disaster. satan is out to tear down our testimony, not just in love, but in the power we have against him in prayer and discerning of spirits.

There's a principle called 'Tough Love.' Ummmm, For the devil? NO! But for us. We must exercise 'tough love' upon ourselves. We have to rightly discern when to be soft and when to stand firm. Least 'we' become spagetti. Ragu is not a beauty treatment. It's a mess!

Love ya... :yep:

Last edited:

live2bgr8

Shimmie said:
Oh Jesus Never Fails. I hope that all who read this message will be blessed for that is it's true purpose. ;)

There's an old saying, "Don't take my kindness for weakness." Many of us have encountered situations when our kindness towards someone or in a given situation was taken for granted and often used against us. However, that's life.

We live in this earthen vessel; yet there is surely a spiritual realm who seeks to drop kick us at any given moment, rendering us 'stunned' and unable re-group before we've been taken down.

I love this scripture in Ephesians 4. "Be angry and sin not, let not the sun go down upon your wrath; neither give place to the devil." You know what God is saying, 'don't be a wimp; least you give place to the devil.

GRANTED anyone with common sense knows that we are to have love and forgiveness and humility in our walk and testimony for the Lord. Jesus is the SINGLE perfect example of that. Jesus made it plain, we are to be quick to repent and quick to forgive. But there is a point in our lives to show some backbone, and take a stand for what's ours in the kingdom of God and fight for it. LEAST we give place to the devil.

Jesus did this all through His ministry here on earth. Did He not stand against satan in the wilderness..."Get the behind me satan." Did He not take a stand in the Temple and with a whip even.... :shocked: When approached by the religious rulers, Jesus shut them up called them what they were...hypocrites.

And you know what? Just look around and see where we have wimped out and given place to the devil in our lives. Our schools are a mess; we still have Black schools with improper teaching materials as well as ill taught instructors. homosexuality is now being 'taught' to our children in and out of school as NORMAL; lying, cheating and stealing is still given priviledges to exist, adultery, divorces, sexual perversions upon any persuasion has become a standard rather than an obsurdity....Hmmmmm, and why on earth is America still filled with homeless families and hungry children?

Why is this? The answer: "Spagetti". If you ever noticed, spagetti begins soft and then it hardens and it stands tall and straight. But as soon as spagetti, gets into hot water, it becomes a wimp; it curls up and slides all around the plate in a helpless state. It's easily 'twisted' and 'twirled' around a knife or fork and has no power of its own; it's at the mercy of the person in control. As soon as someone 'accuses' us of being 'unloving' as a Christian, or a Bible thumper, or we have religious intolerance, we wimp out. And these accusations are only a sprinkler. I'd hate to see who can handle the real pot of hot water...pressure to succomb to the world.

On the other hand, Arrogance refuses to even get near the hot water. Instead, it takes its stand for what's right and refuses to wimp out and rendered powerless in its purpose.

When I first learned the power I had in Jesus and the authority I had in His word, my whole world changed and all for the better; but not just for me, but for others in and out of my family.

I refused t allow the devil place in my children's health. They grew up healthy and strong when others around them were falling out with numerous afflictions. I refused to allow the devil place in my son's life with drugs which nearly killed him, when others around him literally dying and being buried...young mothers losing their sons. My kids did not grow up stealing or to be on welfare; they are self supporting. Why? Arrogance! I knew what the word of God promises and I stood upon it refusing to taken down.

Marriages have been saved. Homes have been saved. Husbands have returned home to their families; Jobs have been obtained. Not because of me, but 'Arrogance' which did not allow sin to enter in and weaken the testimony of the Word upon which I believed. Arrogance is what keeps me on my face in prayer. An intercessor cannot give up until the Holy Spirit gives 'them' a release in prayer.

It's Arrogance that keeps us there is prayer, holding on to the 'Horns of the Altar.' Jacob was arrogant with the angel of the Lord, stating..."I will not let you go until you bless me.' Boaz was arrogant when he sought to be Ruth's kinsmen redeemer. He left to obtain permission to marry her, and the word says, that he would not rest until the matter was settled. Arrogance was in the woman in II Kings, who when her son died, she went to the prophet Elisha, and arrogantly stated the entire journey, "It is Well." For she knew the man of God would bring her son back to life. Praise God for Arrogance...refusing to fail.

satan has roared and threatened many a Christian, yet we roared back with Arrogance. It is written, It is written, It is written, thus saith the Lord God, the Lord of Hosts, the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle....our Jehovah Nissie...we will not wimp out because the devil doesn't like it. We will not hinder the power of God's operation in our lives. It's take a stand on God's word or end up as spagetti...weaken and loose; no backbone to help you stand upon the power of God's word.

I'm not weakening my testimony by standing firm on the word of God... INSTEAD, I am strengthening the armour which God has given to protect us. God says we are to be vigilant...aware of the devil.

Is anyone here just plain tired of the devil? Are you tired of being broke, because of his selfish nature which has caused others to steal from you? Are you tired of the devil acting up in your homes, marriages, your children, your familes....Ummmm hindering your hair growth?

Ummm, is there a wife here tired of some other woman always up in your husband's face....IN CHURCH? Come on, now. Here's the perfect example right here. Now we are told to be loving and kind to each other; to open our hearts, homes and vehicles to one another. While TRUE, God did not call us to be a fool. I'm giving the devil NO PLACE around my husband. This is my point. If I open myself up 'blindly' to a woman who's obvious intentions is to 'push up' on my husband, Ummmmm, NO, ain't no spagetti dinner up in here. I'll 'love' her in Christ, but not in my home and marriage.
We have to rightly discern when to be soft and when to stand firm. Case Closed.

satan is NOT our friend. he has absolutely no mercy upon his victims. We have to 'watch' and pray and be fullly aware of where he is trying to get a foothold and enter into our lives to take over. he's very subtle and he is a Master Deceiver. The slightest thing of appeared innocent can be a disaster. satan is out to tear down our testimony, not just in love, but in the power we have against him in prayer and discerning of spirits.

There's a principle called 'Tough Love.' Ummmm, For the devil? NO! But for us. We must exercise 'tough love' upon ourselves. We have to rightly discern when to be soft and when to stand firm. Least 'we' become spagetti. Ragu is not a beauty treatment. It's a mess!

Love ya... :yep:

This is very interesting and well written. However, I think it's wisdom that keeps a believer from falling, not arrogance.

Arrogance is different than boldness. Boldness is Godly. It quickens. It teaches. It draws people to the Light of Jesus Christ. Arrogance--on the other hand-- makes a person unteachable and unreachable. It puts a wall up between the person and God and it puts walls up between people.

Yes, God wants us to stand firm for Him. He does not want us to be ashamed of the Gospel which brings good news and freedom to all who accept it. AND He wants us to use wisdom and love as we do it. In doing so, we have to remember that the battle is not against flesh and blood, but rather a spiritual battle...

Using the example of the woman who is always up in a husband's face... If a marriage is in order, the husband wouldn't give her a second thought. Because he already knows he has a good thing going at home. God gives us wisdom to address the important part-- the relationship with the husband... "Pretty" women will come and go. Some will want to flirt with your man... but if you put your attention on your man and not on the fly-by-night women, the issue would be moot-- no matter how hard she/they flirted.

If one particualr woman keeps it up.. why not pray for her? Why not pray that she gets her own good thing going? After all, her spirit is lacking...

Another example: Jesus and the woman accused of adultery. Sure He could have had her stoned. The law "required" this to happen... Yet He chose to extend mercy.

He did this also with Zacchaeus--the tax collector, the woman at the well, the centurion and his daughter, the woman with the issue of blood, and many others. Sometimes mercy is a greater teacher than boldness. Discerning the two is where wisdom comes in.

And yes, sometimes love is tough. But most times it's tender.

Thank you for this message. :) It's given me a lot to think about.

Last edited:

pebbles

Yes, I agree that boldness is more what we are aiming for, rather than arrogance. However, I think what Shimmie is saying is that boldness tends to be interpreted as arrogance, and sometimes, you have to be willing to come off as arrogant to be bold. Does that make sense?

I've often found myself in a position where people wanted me to back down from my Christian views or any other position I take that's not popular, to compromise my beliefs to satisfy the majority, and if I don't comply, then I'm viewed as a judgemental person who is not bold, but arrogant. And sometimes, we have to be willing to be seen as arrogant in order to stand firm in our convictions.

I don't know. It's a challenge to stand up for the things we know that are right. If you have to face an angry mob alone, what do you do? Give in, or decide that no matter what hell brings, you're going to stand up for what you know is right? I say stand by your convictions. If you perish, you perish, but at least you had the courage to stand up for what you believe. Too often I see Christians willing to compromise their beliefs in order to please people. If that's where they are in their walk, well ok, but I'm not afraid to be different or hold an opinion that isn't popular.

Life is hard. Thank God for Jesus. :)

Be blessed, ladies! :rosebud:

live2bgr8

pebbles said:
Yes, I agree that boldness is more what we are aiming for, rather than arrogance. However, I think what Shimmie is saying is that boldness tends to be interpreted as arrogance, and sometimes, you have to be willing to come off as arrogant to be bold. Does that make sense?

I've often found myself in a position where people wanted me to back down from my Christian views or any other position I take that's not popular, to compromise my beliefs to satisfy the majority, and if I don't comply, then I'm viewed as a judgemental person who is not bold, but arrogant. And sometimes, we have to be willing to be seen as arrogant in order to stand firm in our convictions.

I don't know. It's a challenge to stand up for the things we know that are right. If you have to face an angry mob alone, what do you do? Give in, or decide that no matter what hell brings, you're going to stand up for what you know is right? I say stand by your convictions. If you perish, you perish, but at least you had the courage to stand up for what you believe. Too often I see Christians willing to compromise their beliefs in order to please people. If that's where they are in their walk, well ok, but I'm not afraid to be different or hold an opinion that isn't popular.

Life is hard. Thank God for Jesus. :)

Be blessed, ladies! :rosebud:

Amen! :) Yes, I hear what you are saying-- for sure. There is such a fine line between the two. I call it the Stephen/Peter paradox. Do I stand up and be stoned like Stephen or do I deny Him like Peter (in his early faith days)?

For example, let's take Martin Luther King, Jr. I think that when he gave his speeches and organized protests, he was bold. He knew that he was standing for Godly righteousness AND he was not persecuting anyone. Yet many people of his time both white and black labled him uppity and a boat rocker.

However, many Christians will take their gift of discernment/boldness and use it to stomp on the feeble. They are filled with pride and no solutions to very real social issues. They seek to offend (stir up) rather than defend. Then they have the nerve to talk about people--who don't think exactly like they do-- but who are coming up with viable solutions to social issues.

Every person is guilty of this type of thing at one point or another. I know I have been. It's just the way we are. However, I think it's better to have more times when we are not judgemental and prideful, than times when we are.

God bless you both, too. I think this is going to be a really good thread! :)

Last edited:

pebbles

kelouis75 said:
Amen! :) Yes, I hear what you are saying-- for sure. There is such a fine line between the two. I call it the Stephen/Peter syndrome. Do I stand up and be stoned like Stephen or do I deny Him like Peter (in his early faith days)?

For example, let's take Martin Luther King, Jr. I think that when he gave his speeches and organized protests, he was bold. He knew that he was standing for Godly righteousness AND he was not persecuting anyone. Yet many people of his time both white and black labled him uppity and a boat rocker.

However, many Christians will take their gift of discernment and use it to stomp on the feeble. They are filled with pride and no solutions to very real social issues. They seek to offend (stir up) rather than defend. Then they have the nerve to talk about people--who don't think exactly like they do-- but who are coming up with viable solutions to social issues.

Every person is guilty of this type of thing at one point or another. I know I have been. It's just the way we are. However, I think it's better to have more times when we are not judgemental and prideful, than times when we are.

God bless you both, too. I think this is going to be a really good thread! :)

Heck, I'm full of pride when it comes to knowing Jesus as Lord! LOL!
J/k. I know what you mean. :lol:

Well, I think it's true that we have to be very careful not to knowingly stomp on those more feeble. Surely, that is not Christ like behavior. However, perception is everything, and too often, people can be unfairly judged as having a haughty, combative attitude or disposition when that really isn't the case. I think that when this has a tendency to occur amongst believers, it takes away from the message of Christ and salvation and becomes a battle of wills and of personalities, and personally, I feel that it's a disservice to the body of Christ. The best thing to do is to try and settle any issues directly and in private with any person we may have friction with. People are most receptive one on one, I find.

Some people I can't approach, others I won't approach. Lord, help me to be humble in dealing with the people around me. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
;) When I woke up this morning, I thought about Joshua when he was appointed to lead after the death of Moses. So I think a good here word is Tenatious. For Joshua proved himself to be such and more.

Over and over God warned the children of Isreal about idol worship, and to not continue to take on the ways of the Egyptians. However, many still chose to remain disobediant.

I love Joshua, for he chose from day one to stand for God or nothing. For him it was 'Ride or Die.' To those of disobedience to the Lord, he spoke, I see what you've chosen to do, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord."

It was this tenatious attitude that allowed Joshua to command the sun and the moon to stand still until the battle had been won. It was this same tenatious attitude that shook the walls of Jericho and fell to the ground 'Flat.'

It was this same tenatious attitude that allowed God to bless Joshua over and over again with these words....

FEAR NOT! (I love it!) Fear Not for I am with you.

Joshua 1:

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

God kept His word to Joshua and will always do so with us as well.

As Christians we have lost so much ground. And I dare to think about what the future holds and how much more we will lose our God given power of.

What's next?

Giving up our babies and childen to be raised by the government of the anti-christ? Where a census will require that all Christians must register themselves before being allowed to conceive and a mandate is given that once a Christian baby is born it must be handed over to the government officials so that they cannot be taught about Jesus. :(

Sounds far fetched but it's not. Remember how twice in the Bible in Exodus and in Matthew that there was an order to kill all male babies once born (in Exodus) and all the male babies aged 2 and under (Matthew). History repeats itsself and there may come a day when this will happen. The world is literally out to both compromise and to destroy Christianity.

Today, we're already being arrested for public praying. Unable to read our Bibles at lunchtime; unable to play Christian music in public. We can't even say Merry Christmas without a blast that we are being arrogant; when in actuality, we are simply wishing everyone peace and love that Christ came to give us.

It's a real hum-dinger...for sure. What is the compromise for? We're afraid to be Chrisitans and live our FULL faith because it makes waves and no one wants to be in the spotlight as a wave maker. :lol: Well, I guess that why my name is Shimmie; but it is our right to live as a Christian in all of its form and the love of Christ that I'm waving for.

I don't mind at all being called a wave-maker or anything else, for that matter. It's what I do for honoring Jesus that really matters. The devil will always have something to fuss about and to try to shut us up. I'm not shutting up and neither am I shutting down. I love being a Christian and I'm not yielding to the fear of man.

Remember how so many of our precious brother and sisters in the Lord were tortured and killed, even by the mouths of dogs and lions? Yet, they suffered for us to have our freedom. A freedom which we have taken for granted. We don't know anything about suffering for Jesus in comparision to theirs. Yet we 'cry' because we're called names. :look:

But be encouraged. Don't be afraid to take a stand when someone intimidates you when you try to take a stand on your faith. Look at this promise from God our Father... I love it and I live it.

I Peter 3:

13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

I LOVE this word!!! "be not afraid of their terror." It set me free for when I was being 'highly criticized' by unsaved friends and family that I was too radical and I needed to get along with everyone and come back and do what everyone else does... Ummmm, live in fear and sin. No! :nono:

I mean No! For had I did, I wouldn't be where I am today. More than a Conqueror through Jesus Christ who loves me. I love my fearlessness. I love that I am not afraid to take a stand. I love that I fear no man.

I can be a soft and as gentle and as loving as can be. But when someone tries to steal my rights in Jesus...back up. I'm coming out with all arms and I'm fighting to win. I paid a high price to be a Christian; many of us have. The devil can rant and rave all he wants but he is not taking all that was given to 'us' upon the cross.

When someone comes to me for prayer, it's not time for games. It's time to get devil out of their lives and give them peace, healing and whatever else they are in need of. Because of being tenatious in our faith, these prayers get answers.

Be bold, be strong, for the Lord our God is with us. And who is he that will harm us because we choose to follow after righteousness. And what shall we say to these things? Neither death, nor life, nor things present, nor things to come, neither anything created can separate us from the Love of God. For we have been made more than Conquerors.....

Joshua 1; I Peter 3; and Romans 8.

Fear not... (Hebrews 13)

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
Yes, tenatious! I like it! :)

I'm getting better with my vocabulary.

I think I should have called this thread. "Testimonies of Boldness'

Right now, I'm thinking about Nehemiah. He refused to come down from off the wall. Praise God for this tenatious man of God.

I love this story!!! Nehemiah had a tool in one hand and a weapon in the other. And refused to come down, from God's assignment. He was threatened and chided, and yelled at. Didn't even take a coffee break.

AND 'they' went to the king and asked him to issue a decree commanding Nehemiah to STOP rebuilding the wall. They lied on Nehemiah. Said he was being defiant to the Kings rule. The king took notice of this and as he was about to issue the decree to stop Nehemiah....look what happened instead....

The king said..."Continue'.....

This is what the Lord has placed into my heart about us as Christians:

Nehemiah 1:3

"And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.

Let's face it. It's true. As Christians we are in great affliction and reproach and our walls have truly been broken down. We have been under so much attack by so many vast means of affliction. Anything and everything to shut us up and shut us down and not be heard; for no one wants to be reminded of Jesus. I mean now, Churchs are victims of crimes while yet IN SERVICE. Come on! Just how bold is the devil getting?

But God wants to re-build His church and built up the walls and our gates of safety.

For those of us called to stand on the walls; to take a stand for our faith, this is for you. I love Nehemiah 6... Look what happened when Nehemiah was threatened because he chose to stay on the wall; not compromise his faith:

9 For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands. (side note - I love this ;) )

10 Afterward I came unto the house of Shemaiah the son of Delaiah the son of Mehetabeel, who was shut up; and he said, Let us meet together in the house of God, within the temple, and let us shut the doors of the temple: for they will come to slay thee; yea, in the night will they come to slay thee.

Note: See the threat of the enemy? But look at the boldness of Nehemiah....Whew!

11 And I said, Should such a man as I flee? and who is there, that, being as I am, would go into the temple to save his life? I will not go in.

12 And, lo, I perceived that God had not sent him; but that he pronounced this prophecy against me: for Tobiah and SANBALLAT had hired him.

13 Therefore was he hired, that I should be afraid, and do so, and sin, and that they might have matter for an evil report, that they might reproach me.

14 My God, think thou upon Tobiah and SANBALLAT according to these their works, and on the prophetess Noadiah, and the rest of the prophets, that would have put me in fear.

15 So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days.

16 And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.

It's no wonder I won't back down. With word like this which is so alive and well in my spiirt, I have no fear of man. I am not intimidated when someone has an issue with my faith and my use of it.

The Bible is RICH with testimony of God's protection over us. "Should a man, such as I flee?" Go ' head Nehemiah with your bad self. This man knew it was the enemy and he refused to back down and be fearful.

Each time we are hit in the face with things such as:

"You're supposed to be a Christian"
"You're a hypocrite"
"Your Prosletizing :)lol: I can't even spell it :lol: )
"You're not walking in love"

"Whatever", the list is endless. Anything to rock us out of the faith walk. But 'we' have to ask ourselves this:

"Should a man/woman such as I flee?" Lord! I am trying so hard not to shout. Calm down Shimmie. Calm down. ooooo kay. I just love this word from God and how He continues to encourage me in my walk.

God wants to strengthen and rebuild us. Why? Well, why not? Also, we are entering into another season of attack where we either stand or fall.

When the time comes: "Should a man/woman such as I flee?" Well who are we? We are the Body of Christ and no one can stop us. No one... unless we allow them to. It's up to us.

Praise God.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
For you Precious Wavy...:kiss:

The Lord gave me this word for you last night. Our stand for Jesus is not in vain. Just because the world disagrees with us...

"Should a man / woman such as I flee?" (Nehemiah 1:11)

When 'someone' comes against us, we are not to fear...

"Therefore was he hired, that I should be afraid, and do so, and sin, and that they might have matter for an evil reprot, that they might reproach me." (Nehemiah 1:13-16)

This is from my 'homeboy' Nehemiah...(Chapter 1). Love it, love it, love it.

Be blessed, be blessed, be blessed! I love this word from God. Love it!

:grouphug2: :pray: :love3: :grouphug2: :pray: :grouphug2:

I'm sorry, but I have to say it again...

"Should a man (woman) such as I flee?"

:amen:

Nice & Wavy

For you Precious Wavy...:kiss:

The Lord gave me this word for you last night. Our stand for Jesus is not in vain. Just because the world disagrees with us...

"Should a man / woman such as I flee?" (Nehemiah 1:11)

When 'someone' comes against us, we are not to fear...

"Therefore was he hired, that I should be afraid, and do so, and sin, and that they might have matter for an evil reprot, that they might reproach me." (Nehemiah 1:13-16)

This is from my 'homeboy' Nehemiah...(Chapter 1). Love it, love it, love it.

Be blessed, be blessed, be blessed! I love this word from God. Love it!

:grouphug2: :pray: :love3: :grouphug2: :pray: :grouphug2:

I'm sorry, but I have to say it again...

"Should a man (woman) such as I flee?"

I have to say this: In all the years that I have been a Christian...I have never met someone like you, Shimmie. God has truly gifted you and its revealed for all to see.

There is something about a women who will stand her ground for her faith. God has set in us a spirit of tenacity...yes, tenacity..just like you said...to be "tenacious". I'm learning, sis....as long as I have breath in me, I will continue to learn. I can never think too highly of myself, because my sufficency is from God!

Thank you for reminding me of what I am and whose I am. Jesus knows who to call into battle...and I'm so glad that He chose you. You are on the front lines....with your armour on and winning the war against satan.

I am so grateful that I have sisters who love Jesus and are not afraid of the terror by night, nor the arrow that fly in the day, nor the destruction that waits at noon.

I don't know how I missed this thread you bumped up, but I thank God for you and Beverly. You both have given me something that I needed to get back....tenacity!

Blessings and love to the both of you, for you truly are highly favored of the Lord because of the work that you both are doing for Him in the Kingdom!

Much love.....:love5:

Shimmie

Staff member
I have to say this: In all the years that I have been a Christian...I have never met someone like you, Shimmie. God has truly gifted you and its revealed for all to see.

There is something about a women who will stand her ground for her faith. God has set in us a spirit of tenacity...yes, tenacity..just like you said...to be "tenacious". I'm learning, sis....as long as I have breath in me, I will continue to learn. I can never think too highly of myself, because my sufficency is from God!

Thank you for reminding me of what I am and whose I am. Jesus knows who to call into battle...and I'm so glad that He chose you. You are on the front lines....with your armour on and winning the war against satan.

I am so grateful that I have sisters who love Jesus and are not afraid of the terror by night, nor the arrow that fly in the day, nor the destruction that waits at noon.

I don't know how I missed this thread you bumped up, but I thank God for you and Beverly. You both have given me something that I needed to get back....tenacity!

Blessings and love to the both of you, for you truly are highly favored of the Lord because of the work that you both are doing for Him in the Kingdom!

Much love.....:love5:
It was God. Pure God. :love3:

Because I had forgotten about this thread. And the way that I came across it, was not on my computer, but a 'printed out version' in a little black tote bag that I was cleaning out. Immediately, I knew it was for you.

God always meets us wherever we are.

I love you, precious sister....:grouphug2:

"Should a "woman" such as I flee?" Praise Jesus for His word!

Nice & Wavy

It was God. Pure God. :love3:

Because I had forgotten about this thread. And the way that I came across it, was not on my computer, but a 'printed out version' in a little black tote bag that I was cleaning out. Immediately, I knew it was for you.

God always meets us wherever we are.

I love you, precious sister....:grouphug2:

"Should a "woman" such as I flee?" Praise Jesus for His word!

Thanks, again....and I love those smilies!

Shimmie

Staff member
thank you so much for this shimmie.
:kiss: Springbreeze, you don't have to back down for anybody. And you WILL be challenged. Trust me you will be challenged with all kinds of threats and accusations. Things will said or done that will hurt, but that's all in the enemies plan to make you quit and compromise or 'water down' what you've been standing upon.

Just remember, the weaker we make our testimony, the less we have to stand upon.

God bless you, angel. :grouphug2:

"Will a woman such as 'you' flee?" Nawwwwwwww, :nono: The price paid is too high.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Shimmie, this truly is a blessing to read...profound Word... I'm more inclined to believe it's confidence or boldness, and not arrogance, as well. Because a Child can whisper the name Jesus and all hell will scatter....

But, you're right..Satan is not our friend. Never was, never will be. Amein~
:yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, this truly is a blessing to read...profound Word... I'm more inclined to believe it's confidence or boldness, and not arrogance, as well. Because a Child can whisper the name Jesus and all hell will scatter....

But, you're right..Satan is not our friend. Never was, never will be. Amein~

:lol: Someone on the forum must have called me 'arrogant' and I ran with it. :lol: Totin' Bible, Scripture and 'all' and meant every word written. :yep:

For me, it's backbone. Always was and always will be. Somebody has to stand up and face these giants and speak up and fight the good fight of faith and not back down or cry when satan blows his bad breath in their direction.

I'm sick of the mess that's going on. Looking at the havoc that satan has been wrecking on people's lives.

This message above is four years ago, and you can literally see the prophetic in it. Things haven't gotten much better but worse. Literally worse. :nono:

Ima' say this. Folks like Joel Osteen, have that spagetti mentality. Too many Ministers are just like him, a huge pot of spagetti wimpiing under pressure.

I'm gonna get a Black T-Shirt (not a Church Gurl Shirt :lol:), but a fully covered T shirt and have HUGE BOLD letters that say, "Arrogant for Jesus".

Folks may get offended, however they'll see a bruised devil and his demon cohorts being kicked out the way.

Laela, I'm fully at the point where I don't care what people think or say about me. I'm on a mission. Too many people are hurting and suffering and for no reason. All because of some devil who has been allowed to come into this country and change/create laws which are unheard of. Diseases rampant, sexual sin abounding like bullet sprays of popcorn. There's no time to play pattycake with the devil. If being arrogant is what it takes to get satan's foot from off of the necks and the backs of our friends and loved ones, than arrogant to the 10th degree, I'll be. Because it's only directed at one target.... satan.

Laela... now see what you done started. :lol:

I love you, girl. :bighug:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Not a black T ! :lol:

Hey, the devil's been bruised...the day Jesus died on the cross and raised from the dead... It is written...

I'm gonna get a Black T-Shirt (not a Church Gurl Shirt :lol:), but a fully covered T shirt and have HUGE BOLD letters that say, "Arrogant for Jesus".

Shimmie

Staff member
Not a black T ! :lol:

Hey, the devil's been bruised...the day Jesus died on the cross and raised from the dead... It is written...

:lol::lol::lol: @ 'not a Black T' :lol:

And Yes indeed, BabyGirl... Jesus gave the devil a huge bruise on his head that will never heal. :yep: :woot:

Blessed be God forever and ever, Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
Bumping this thread....needed!

Hi Shimmie!

Lawd a' Mercy....

More tears... the love of Jesus... more tears. I'm just amazed at the love of God in our lives.

The prophesy that God shared in this Word... it's amazing...God is just too amazing. God knew what was ahead and He lovingly sent a message to protect us.

"Am I a woman that shall flee".......

No...after all these years since God gave me this message...No, :nono: I am not a woman that shall flee. All because of Jesus who lives on the inside of me... In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

I can't stop crying.... I'm just so humbled. so humbled.

Thank you Precious Wavy for bumping this message. It is so needed. God knew that I needed to read this.........again.

Nice & Wavy

Lawd a' Mercy....

More tears... the love of Jesus... more tears. I'm just amazed at the love of God in our lives.

The prophesy that God shared in this Word... it's amazing...God is just too amazing. God knew what was ahead and He lovingly sent a message to protect us.

"Am I a woman that shall flee".......

No...after all these years since God gave me this message...No, :nono: I am not a woman that shall flee. All because of Jesus who lives on the inside of me... In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

I can't stop crying.... I'm just so humbled. so humbled.

Thank you Precious Wavy for bumping this message. It is so needed. God knew that I needed to read this.........again.
I know sis :kiss: The Lord is with you as always and I am a woman too that shall not flee!

Love you, sis :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy... You know what Sis?

The only regret that I have with this thread is that I had the title changed to what it is now... "Spagetti"

My original title was "Arrogant for Jesus" and I meant it and still mean every single word of it. I had the title changed because someone became offended by that title. So ----- I became spagetti.........I had it changed. It didn't stop the fire though. The Word of God rose up in me so strong that I couldn't hold it back. And then God showed me Nehemiah...

"Am I a man that I should flee?"

God blessed me so much with that scripture. I took off with it. It literally read my heart; God showed me that He understood how I was feeling. And that, that was what I was trying to convey all along about being Arrogant for Jesus...

"Am I a 'woman' that should flee?"

DEAR GOD in HEAVEN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :woohoo2: :woohoo2: :woohoo2:

With that Word from Scripture, I have no shame in being arrogant. That's because I know what it means.

* It means that I don't have to back down from the gay agenda's stooopidity,

* I don't have to deny God's word nor compromise it for folks who don't like it.

* I don't have to subject my children to the ills of this world and to the sick education process that is taking the souls of innocent children hostage.

* I don't have to see Marriages fail. Husbands acting crazy can have their hearts arrested by the Holy Spirit of God and bow to the Saviour, Jesus Christ, in full heart's surrender.

And I'll say this and not back peddle on it. The Church today, would not be in the sad state of 'affairs' that it is in, if they were 'arrogant' in Jesus. Meaning, by not backing down from the threats of satan.

As Christians we have to stand and not wimper cause we 'skeeered' to take a stand for Jesus.

Jesus is not a Queer! There is nothing queer about loving and serving the Lord! There is no sin in following the Lord Jesus Christ!

Arrogance takes on a totally new and different form and definition when it comes from the hearts of those in Christ Jesus.

Notice that I did not say, ummmmmmm "Christians" :look:

Ummmm yeah! The label Christian has become just that, a label. Yet the attached is not following Christ Jesus. One too many of them are of the world and the label is peeling off.

Yet those who following Christ Jesus are NOTW... "Not of This World". A Master Difference. Master!

Therefore 'Arrogance' takes on a whole nuther' level and meaning. It simply means I am not bowing to the devil. I refuse to give up my life that God has for me. For what shall it profit me? Nothing!

My original title still stands: "Arrogant for Jesus" and I love it; because I love Jesus more!

Nice & Wavy

I love the original title and it still had the impact it was suppose to have!

Love your posts, sis...can't wait for you to put this in a book...that's a stream that the Lord has given you and you must stop sitting on it....:look:

@Nice & Wavy... You know what Sis?

The only regret that I have with this thread is that I had the title changed to what it is now... "Spagetti"

My original title was "Arrogant for Jesus" and I meant it and still mean every single word of it. I had the title changed because someone became offended by that title. So ----- I became spagetti.........I had it changed. It didn't stop the fire though. The Word of God rose up in me so strong that I couldn't hold it back. And then God showed me Nehemiah...

"Am I a man that I should flee?"

God blessed me so much with that scripture. I took off with it. It literally read my heart; God showed me that He understood how I was feeling. And that, that was what I was trying to convey all along about being Arrogant for Jesus...

"Am I a 'woman' that should flee?"

DEAR GOD in HEAVEN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :woohoo2: :woohoo2: :woohoo2:

With that Word from Scripture, I have no shame in being arrogant. That's because I know what it means.

* It means that I don't have to back down from the gay agenda's stooopidity,

* I don't have to deny God's word nor compromise it for folks who don't like it.

* I don't have to subject my children to the ills of this world and to the sick education process that is taking the souls of innocent children hostage.

* I don't have to see Marriages fail. Husbands acting crazy can have their hearts arrested by the Holy Spirit of God and bow to the Saviour, Jesus Christ, in full heart's surrender.

And I'll say this and not back peddle on it. The Church today, would not be in the sad state of 'affairs' that it is in, if they were 'arrogant' in Jesus. Meaning, by not backing down from the threats of satan.

As Christians we have to stand and not wimper cause we 'skeeered' to take a stand for Jesus.

Jesus is not a Queer! There is nothing queer about loving and serving the Lord! There is no sin in following the Lord Jesus Christ!

Arrogance takes on a totally new and different form and definition when it comes from the hearts of those in Christ Jesus.

Notice that I did not say, ummmmmmm "Christians" :look:

Ummmm yeah! The label Christian has become just that, a label. Yet the attached is not following Christ Jesus. One too many of them are of the world and the label is peeling off.

Yet those who following Christ Jesus are NOTW... "Not of This World". A Master Difference. Master!

Therefore 'Arrogance' takes on a whole nuther' level and meaning. It simply means I am not bowing to the devil. I refuse to give up my life that God has for me. For what shall it profit me? Nothing!

My original title still stands: "Arrogant for Jesus" and I love it; because I love Jesus more!