Spring Cleaning: Toss out your hair graveyard!!

Luscious Locks

I'M DONE!!! I simply can't entertain the idea of using products that do not work for my hair!

I've got a bunch of lame products--some high end, some low end--that simply don't work for me. I mean, they do NOTHING! So my breakage situation is continuing, so is the dryness. However, very recently I've started using some products that are really showing promise. So in keeping with my new year's resolution to be healthier overall and lead a more simplified life I'm throwing out the crap. And spring is around the corner and I'm just ready to throw out the clutter and embrace my space.

Just thought I'd share this with you ladies because some of you may have been feeling the same way. I know that it's a recession and all, but I can not live a lie, live in clutter, and live with breakage.:nono:

Throwing out:
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Scalp and Hair Treatment: thought it was good because it had shea butter and soy protein. I was wrong.

Ojon Moisturizing Conditioner: Did nothing. Smelled nice though.

Pantent Relaxed and Natural Mask: Only put about a drop of moisture in my hair. It's not concentrated enough or something... I don't know.

Doo Grow Detangling Triple Strength Leave-In: Smelled great. Didn't detangle a thing. My hair still dried crunchy.

Nexxus Emergencee: Nexxus and my hair are not friends.

Pantene Restoratives Shampoo: It has two sulfates and sodium chloride (basically used to cut through oil) in the first 4 or 5 ingredients. That's like using bleach on your hair!

Frederic Fekkair Glossing Cream: Made my hair shiny, but did nothing for frizz.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

You're welcome. We have to vent sometimes. I'm new and just starting but I know I'm gonna have to do some " spring cleaning" too real soon because I have lots of product. The bad thing is that all of my stuff works for my hair but I know I need to have just a few staples. How do I choose? This is gonna be hard. I can't sit around with a million good products, maybe not a million, but, you get the picture. LOL

I had the same idea and have already thrown out two 39 gallon bag of products and it feels good.:sad:
I have decided to shop my own stash and use up a lot of stuff.
I get products half price and that how I got stuck with too many I dont need.

You're welcome. We have to vent sometimes. I'm new and just starting but I know I'm gonna have to do some " spring cleaning" too real soon because I have lots of product. The bad thing is that all of my stuff works for my hair but I know I need to have just a few staples. How do I choose? This is gonna be hard. I can't sit around with a million good products, maybe not a million, but, you get the picture. LOL

how dare you taunt me. i wish to the good Lord I had that problem.:yep:

Uhh, please list what you're throwing out. I'd be glad to take some off your hands. I'm transitioning and am looking to sample things before I start buying stuff. Even if it's mostly used, I'd be interested.

good for you.
i on the other hand have so many products and refuse to throw them out. i have products from months ago that i never even used once but they aint going no where lol.

good for you.
i on the other hand have so many products and refuse to throw them out. i have products from months ago that i never even used once but they aint going no where lol.

HaHa, Im with you, I might need those products one day...well someday...

Here's my list:
Joico - Any product from this line, my hair reverts anytime I use it :wallbash:
Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner
Nexxus shampoo & conditioner :ohwell:

When i got up tonight i threw everything away i didn't use. 1 box and 1 garbage bag, Im done now i only have 1 co wash conditioner and my afroveda. And i am so content. Im done being a pj. Matter of fact its time to toss out everything i don't use. Thanks op for this thread.

Here's my list:
Joico - Any product from this line, my hair reverts anytime I use it :wallbash:
Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner
Nexxus shampoo & conditioner :ohwell:

My hair is crying right now that you are throwing away these products.

I even think I imagined my eyes started burning when I read you would send poor Joico to the dark depths of the garbage bag... :perplexed

Time for me to go to sleep + get off the forum. :look:

When i got up tonight i threw everything away i didn't use. 1 box and 1 garbage bag, Im done now i only have 1 co wash conditioner and my afroveda. And i am so content. Im done being a pj. Matter of fact its time to toss out everything i don't use. Thanks op for this thread.

no problem. i'm loving the free space on this shelf and on my dresser.

Back