Sponge Rollers Alternatives... help!

BabyShaq

So, so far on my hair care journey I am doing well! I had my second relaxer since leaving the world of natural hair and although I forgot not to scratch it went well. I love my stylist at home (Mrtyle at Liz's Hair Care for those in Boston) and my new regimen... one question though:

What can I use as an alternative to Sponge Rollers? I like to have bounce and curl in my hair (not just the wrap look) and after 2 days after I rollerset my hair it looks flat... poo. I used to use the sponge rollers (until I educated my self on the dangers it does to my hair) but I like how they were soft and I was able to sleep in them (sleeping in pins and magnetic rollers is NOT where it is at, lol).

So, any recommendations on sponge rollers substitute? Nothing that would tangle or dry out my hair?

Thanks for your advice gals! =)

shortness

If you can find the sponge rollers that have a satin material over them, those are the best alternatives. Go to www.fotki.com/shortness1 and look at my products pics. You will see rollers that are similar. I got them at Duane Reade. I know Boston does not have Duane Reade for try CVS.

Wnt2bHealthy

I can't sleep on hard rollers so I bought some sponge rollers with satin on them by scrunci (I think). They weren't large enough so I bought the ex-large and bought satin (from Wal-mart) and cut strips of satin to wrap around the sponge. I love it. Just my 2 cents

BabyShaq

Wnt2bHealthy said:
I can't sleep on hard rollers so I bought some sponge rollers with satin on them by scrunci (I think). They weren't large enough so I bought the ex-large and bought satin (from Wal-mart) and cut strips of satin to wrap around the sponge. I love it. Just my 2 cents

Thanks! I was considering doing that, lol. If it has worked for you, then I will definitely try it as I haven't found any atin rollers in stores.

glamazon386

CVS has some Hype Hair sponge rollers that come with satin on them. I bought some a while back, and they weren't expensive.

goldensensation

I use these from tenderheaded.com.