Spinoff re. Measure of Christianity and Church Attendance: HOW? WHY? WHAT FOR?

PaperClip

Because JESUS DID IT!!!!!:yep:

"And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read." (KJV)

"He came to Nazareth where he had been reared. As he always did on the Sabbath, he went to the meeting place. When he stood up to read, he was handed the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. Unrolling the scroll, he found the place where it was written...." (The Message)

When I read this scripture, I started laughing! I could no longer justify my inconsistent church attendance in recent weeks.

This scripture isn't talking about the baby Jesus, but the full-grown, fully LORD and fully MAN Jesus Christ. This chapter begins with Jesus and His 40-day fast.

This scripture also notes that going to the sabbath was Jesus' CUSTOM, something He ALWAYS did. Here's the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, again, fully God and fully man, who still went to the synogogue to read scriptures and pray and fellowship. The same things (essentially) that we are to be doing in our churches. And Jesus also had His ministry to the masses, to whom He was assigned, just as we do.

And for those who have talked about being reluctant to attend church due to past hurts and wounds (or other reasons), those feelings are authentic to you and should be revealed so the Lord can bring forth healing and restoration so you can be a full and healthy participant in the body of Christ. Using my spiritual imagination, I wonder if there were SEVERAL synogogues that Jesus could have visited/attended but He chose a particular one because they were more receptive to Him. Again, something that we today have deal with...

My humble thoughts....

dreamer26

Amen and Amen.

God has done too much and been too good to allow others to stop us from doing what we know to be right.

If it's good enough for my Lord and Savior it's good enough for me.

Something I often think, if I can continue to go to a job where I've been lied on, stepped on, overlooked, overworked, and undercompensated, then surely I can press on for my Lord. Let them lie, let them do what they must but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord, in his house.

My God, My God, thank you Jesus.

Good scripture and I thank God for the revelation he's given you in this area.

Keep on in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.