Spinoff of "Women in the Pulpit" thread: DVD Examines Women's Call to Preach

PaperClip

FYI....

Haven't seen the DVD but I'd like to....

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur31856.cfm

DVD EXAMINES WOMEN'S CALL TO PREACH: Should women be silent in the modern church?

Although women have in many ways been the backbone of the church, whether they should be the head remains a question: should women be allowed to preach?

To say no is to deny the world the powerful teachings of Jackie McCullough, Joyce Meyer, Rev. Vashti McKenzie, Paula White, Rev. Renita Weems, Juanita Bynum Weeks, the Rev. Suzan Johnson Cook and countless other formidable pillars in God's Kingdom.

To say yes would seemingly contradict scripture that states women should be silent in the church (1 Corinthians 14:34) with leadership roles in ministry being held for their male counterparts. First Family Films in association with Vision Gospel Inc. examines this controversial tabernacle taboo in the DVD Every Soldier Counts.

Hear the bold voices of women of the cloth tell their inspiring stories of triumph over trials and some of their staunch critics in a DVD Executive produced by Grammy Award winner A.R. Johnson along with Jennifer Sparger.

Thank you so much for this. I am going to check it out. The more I grow spiritually the more GOD confirms that I am doing HIS will by ministering. Q

RelaxerRehab said:
Thank you they are confirming all the more some things already given to me through the Holy Spirit. I wish they would also include men who feel strongly for women in the pulpit. I have had to opportunity to speak with many prominent male Christian leaders here that support women in the pulpit and it was a blessing to hear their point of views. Shout out to Regina Belle, I still listen to one of her albums today. Q

Oh good! Glad to be of help. This is a hot topic! And it is interesting to observe the different beliefs and perspectives, seeing that my church wholeheartedly supports women in ministry.... And yes, what a surprise to see "Evangelist" Regina Belle! Wow! Amen!

RelaxerRehab said:
Oh good! Glad to be of help. This is a hot topic! And it is interesting to observe the different beliefs and perspectives, seeing that my church wholeheartedly supports women in ministry.... And yes, what a surprise to see "Evangelist" Regina Belle! Wow! Amen!
I was especially glad when that one woman broke it down about applying the word literally across the board. If we were to do that then women should be silent means we shouldn't sing, read announcements, nothing. I can go on and on but you get my drift. Q

queeny20 said:
I was especially glad when that one woman broke it down about applying the word literally across the board. If we were to do that then women should be silent means we shouldn't sing, read announcements, nothing. I can go on and on but you get my drift. Q

Or teach Sunday School, which usually includes boys (males). (Shrug)

Back