Spinny: The Relaxer "Reveal" Thread!!!!

sunnieb

I am seriously beginning to think my hair won't get any longer, but I'm still so happy with my relaxer results! :grin:

21 weeks of newgrowth

"Before" Pic

"After" - Next morning still a little damp and I slept in two braids

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I am seriously beginning to think my hair won't get any longer, but I'm still so happy with my relaxer results! :grin:

21 weeks of newgrowth

"Before" Pic

I think you still have some of that good stuff from the 70's because girl you tripping HARD!!!!! I can see the growth AND retention. SL to BSL is a really big hump :yep: so the progress seems so far away. Trust me, Ive been there and when you get there, your not even going to know how it happened. Keep on bunning girl, its working!

Jobwright

Beautiful progress sunnieb !!!!!! You figured it out and IT IS WORKING girl! Congrats! Thickness, health and length! You are winning on all levels!!!!!

sunnieb

I think you still have some of that good stuff from the 70's because girl you tripping HARD!!!!! I can see the growth AND retention. SL to BSL is a really big hump :yep: so the progress seems so far away. Trust me, Ive been there and when you get there, your not even going to know how it happened. Keep on bunning girl, its working!

Saludable84 I think it's hard for me to see progress when I look at my own pics. I'm so critical! :spinning: Thank you!

Beautiful progress!!!!!! You figured it out and IT IS WORKING girl! Congrats! Thickness, health and length! You are winning on all levels!!!!!

Jobwright Thank you!

You ARE growing SUNNIEB! And, you're keeping it! Let health be your only destination!!

tenderheaded You are so right! Thank you!

YES! Those ends are perfection lady! Nice and thick!

bebezazueta - Thank you!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb your hair and progress are great. I feel like I have been at the same length for a year (and don't really bother with length pics anymore) so I was coming in to agree with your post then looked at your pics and thought..."what's this girl talking about?" I see certain length and health:yep:

sunnieb

@sunnieb your hair and progress are great. I feel like I have been at the same length for a year (and don't really bother with length pics anymore) so I was coming in to agree with your post then looked at your pics and thought..."what's this girl talking about?" I see certain length and health:yep:

Nix08 :lachen:

Yes, I always see the length gained when I relax. I think I mean overall length. I'm going to compare my photos from a year ago. I swear I'm the exact same length!

But, even if terminal length exists and I hit mine, I'm happy. This is more hair than I've ever had in my life! :yep:

Guinan

Re-Branding

21 weeks of newgrowth

"Before" Pic

Great results! Ur hair has def grown:yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@Nix08 :lachen:

Yes, I always see the length gained when I relax. I think I mean overall length. I'm going to compare my photos from a year ago. I swear I'm the exact same length!

But, even if terminal length exists and I hit mine, I'm happy. This is more hair than I've ever had in my life! :yep:

@sunnieb

Don't even go there:spank: I had heard of the midback stall early on in my research (although I don't hear much about it now) I'm convinced that it exists even if it's a visual illusion from the curve of the back or something that makes it 'seem' like length isn't being gained. OR, My other thought it that the old hair from pre hair journey just can't compete anymore and breaks off:perplexed:

Don't talk about no terminal length at BSL/MBL you'll send me into a depression....yes it's more hair than I've ever had too but I'm the greedy type:look: I want WL, NOW!!!

ETA: Although I also think part of my problem is becoming a self trimmer....it's easy to do more often than if I have to arrange an appointment with a stylist that I watch like a hawk and instruct explicitly:nono:

Last edited:

SCarolinaGirl

I relaxed at 11 weeks post with silk elements lye. I used aphogee 2 min as my protein. Dc'd with ors hairepair nourishing conditioner and used roux moisture recovery as my final rinse. Love the results.

Attachments

• IMG_20131006_095715-1.jpg
    IMG_20131006_095715-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

GettingKinky

I started prepping yesterday for my Thursday touch up. I conditioned with Mizani Renew Strength Fortifying Masque (discontinued) and then I protected my already relaxed hair with Chi Silk Infusion. Thursday morning I'll add another layer of Chi and conditioner. I'm going to trim 1-2 inches after my touch up. I'm so excited, I can't wait to end this 16 week stretch.

Last edited:

Babysaffy

Ah maaaaan! I need to unsubscribe this thread!! You ladies results are making me want to forget my decision to transition! Next week is crunch week- was meant to relax just before my birthday this coming Thursday when I'll also be going on vacation, 30 weeks post. I've been stretching since March. Decided to transition last month but still wavering.... Eek!