Spinny: The Relaxer "Reveal" Thread!!!!

Evolving78

here is my pic. sorry it's blurry and i didn't comb my hair down good enough.

sunnieb

My relaxer results from last night/this morning:

About to get started. Here I am at 18 weeks post:

Stretched Newgrowth pic:

Pre-parted, oiled previously relaxed hair, and twisted:

Finished relaxing and letting the neutralizing shampoo sit:

End result after dc and overnight airdry:

I'm so happy with my results! Stretching 18 weeks and beyond is definitely for me. Bunning heavily is keeping my ends in check, but I'll still dust them in the next day or 2.

Thanks so much to my relaxer buddies: baddison Nix08 divachyk Cherry89

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Looking great ladies:yep: loving the pics:grin:

judy4all I am a fine haired 4bc:yep: and yes I retained it all and I'm so excited for this coming stretch:yay:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
shortdub78, your hair is so thick -- lovely!

Great work buddies, Nix08 and sunnieb.

baddison Cherry89, did I miss your reveals?

judy4all, I normally stretch to 10-12 weeks but buddy up with the 18 week group because they are my LHCF buds. I have stretched to 16 weeks before. Although I struggled a bit with dealing with my ng as the weeks went by, I felt my efforts were decent. However, that changed when I went for my TU. My retention was impacted by my stylist's inability to navigate through the ng. I'm going to a different stylist now and have improved my stretching technique but haven't attempted 16 again. I may try this time. Time will tell. ETA: I'm not fine haired.

JudithO

Looking great ladies:yep: loving the pics:grin:

@judy4all I am a fine haired 4bc:yep: and yes I retained it all and I'm so excited for this coming stretch:yay:

How did you stretch that long without too much breakage? After 6 weeks, my NG is already kicking... I struggle to get to 9 weeks....

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
judy4all to be able to stretch I do the following:
*avoid protein on my ng...I use a lot of protein but on my ng it causes breakage at the demarcation line (plus it causes me to get underprocessed).
*apply moisturizing dc, relaxer style on my ng
*use coffee/tea during my washes but as I get into the stretch I use coconut milk as well and that really softens up my ng.
*I also don't shampoo much. ..I mainly cowash.
*and lastly. ..I don't bun anymore. .I do updo's but the buns or probably my technique when doing buns causes more thin ends and splits for me.
Hope at least one of these helps.

sunnieb

judy4all I'm a coarse, naturally dry 4 a/b mix, so I think we'd be on a different hair path.

-my hair loves being bunned and I'm confident that I can get pretty close to MBL by year's end with daily bunning.
-moisture, moisture, moisture! I cowash often and I also started doing honey treatments. I moisturize 2x a day, everyday. My hair drinks up moisture and is never weighed down.
-since I apply so much product, I have to use a clarifying shampoo weekly.
-nightly scalp massages also help to keep my newgrowth from tangling
-let go of the straight hair notion. When doing long stretches, I don't care about having straight hair. I adjust how handle my hair week to week according to how "she" feels.

It feels funny having all of this straight hair today. I put in 2 bantu knots after my workout this morning and I'm just wearing it loose. Maybe I'll get more creative tomorrow.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
judy4all I'm a coarse, naturally dry 4 a/b mix, so I think we'd be on a different hair path.

-my hair loves being bunned and I'm confident that I can get pretty close to MBL by year's end with daily bunning.
-moisture, moisture, moisture! I cowash often and I also started doing honey treatments. I moisturize 2x a day, everyday. My hair drinks up moisture and is never weighed down.
-since I apply so much product, I have to use a clarifying shampoo weekly.
-nightly scalp massages also help to keep my newgrowth from tangling
-let go of the straight hair notion. When doing long stretches, I don't care about having straight hair. I adjust how handle my hair week to week according to how "she" feels.

It feels funny having all of thi straight hair today. I put in 2 bantu knots after my workout this morning and I'm just wearing it loose. Maybe I'll get more creative tomorrow.

sunnieb, our hair sounds very similar except I don't clarify as frequently. I clarify when I feel my hair isn't responding to product.

Mande30

sunnieb I am seriously considering your method for my next relaxer. At what point do you take down the twist? Does it slow your technique/process down?

EnExitStageLeft

Hey Ladies,

I usually just lurk and :drool: here, but decided to post my results because of all the beautiful reveals this past week.

I Texlaxed(Texturized) at 11 weeks post yesterday using Linange Shea Butter Tetxturizer. I was hoping and praying I made it back to BSL and I think I did :yay:.
Anywho here's a couple of pics:

This is my hair February 18th, 2013:

2013-02-18_13.22.34.jpg

Here is my hair April 27th, 2013:
2013-04-27_15.01.19.jpg

Here are a couple pics throughout my Texlax Process:

2013-04-27_00.28.31.jpg
This is after I had done my Reconstructive treatment, Neutralized and did a quickie rinse with French Perm Stabilizer

2013-04-27_13.02.20.jpg
This is after I had airdried to about 70% and then lightly blow dried on low/med heat using the tension method

2013-04-27_16.10.13.jpg
This is my hair curled (with a flat iron) after being straighten.

I really like the results, but I will admit that I'm suffering from some minor Hairnorexia. Mostly because now I can literally taste MBL...:lick: I seriously can't wait :lol:.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Lovely reveals:grin: :yep: there will be a good number of us this time around...who's going 20 weeks? :poke:

Evolving78

sunnieb I am seriously considering your method for my next relaxer. At what point do you take down the twist? Does it slow your technique/process down?

i tried her method once and it worked fine for me. i can be so sloppy, trying to rush, but i was able to stay neat and in the proper time frame. my hair came out straight!

sunnieb

Mande30

I highly recommend pre-parting!

Since I deal with so much newgrowth, I like knowing that I can just lift a twist, apply the relaxer and move. I can usually finish my entire head in under 8 minutes. The rest of the processing time is spent smoothing. This ensures that all of my newgrowth is processed and straighter than straight. I have no underprocessed areas at all. I also like knowing that all of my previously relaxed hair is drenched in oil and vaseline so it wont re-process.

The twists fall apart while I'm rinsing out the relaxer. I never have to undo them.

Only bad thing is that it takes me an hour to pre-part, oil, and twist.

baddison

natural for good
Lovely reveals:grin: :yep: there will be a good number of us this time around...who's going 20 weeks? :poke:

Nix08

Me!! Me!! I am joining you and sunnieb this time with 20 weeks!!

check out my relaxer results. Not too much growth this time, but thickness is coming in. During my journey I notice my hair alternates between thickness and length. I'll just take it as she gives it...LOL! Healthy hair is my number one, and I finally got that. Not touching those healthy-but-uneven ends until December. I am bunning and hiding my hair til December, so no need to worry about the unevenness right now. I am loving my hair and all my progress!!

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 126

baddison

natural for good
baddison Nix08 divachyk Cherry89 sunnieb

Are you guys retaining all your length stretching 18 weeks? Geez....

How are you guys doing this? Any of y'all have 4b/c fine hair?

judy4all - I have 4B fine hair indeed. I tend to retain pretty much all my length because I don't really comb or manipulate my hair too much on a daily basis. And when I DO comb my hair (only once a day) I only use the Jilbere Shower comb. As I get deeper into my stretch, and my new growth becomes really thick, I simply spray my roots daily with my S-Curl/jojoba oil spritz. I keep my hair and buns very moist and this helps with my hair gaining thickness, and keeps it from getting dry. Stretching also helps me keep my mind off my hair, so that it can grow. I consider myself a "pro" at long stretches....I'm even considering doing six months at a time instead of only 4 months that I do now. :grin::grin:

Isis33

Hey y'all!

Here's my new growth shot @ 16 weeks post

Here's my rollerset @ 16 weeks post

Here's my roller wrap post relaxer

I'm stretching 6 months this time cause I know how to get my roots straight with rollers. Thank the Lord!
bebezazueta

Please forgive me if somebody has already asked you this question (i can't be bothered to read the 44+ pages on this thread). How did you manage to get your roots straight with curlers during your 6 month stretch without aggravating your line of demarcation?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

bebezazueta

bebezazueta

Please forgive me if somebody has already asked you this question (i can't be bothered to read the 11+ pages on this thread). How did you manage to get your roots straight with curlers during your 6 month stretch without aggravating your line of demarcation?

Thanks in advance :)

LOL! I never made it through that 6 month stretch. SMH! 16 weeks is the longest I've stretched.

But what I do is make sure I deep condition (moisture) after a light to medium protein.

I make sure to moisturize (liquid leave in) & seal (light serum) prior to setting & really pull the hair taut when rolling. I roll going up wards and comb the hair and new growth down toward scalp. After hair is fully dried, I pincurl making sure to smooth and stretch gently from the roots and pin the curl. Tie with satin scarf.

Hope this makes sense. PM me if you need any details. I think those pics were from 2011. LOL!