Speaking Positively

MonaRae

OK, I started to post an S.O.S./negative/in need of uplifting type of e-mail but then decided to post positive words about my hair. So, here it goes:

• My hair has grown another 2 inches making it 21 inches long!
  • My hair has thicken-up over the last 2 months.
  • My hair is very strong.
  • I finally reached APL and now I am on to BSL.
  • I will reach BSL by the end of 2006.
  • I will reach BSL by the end of 2006 (had to repeat that one!)

I just can’t sing the praises enough concerning LHCF. You ladies just don’t know what you’ve done for me. (Excuse me while get my hair out of my eye:lachen: )

I will not wear my hair down until I get to BSL, I want that WOW effect from friends and family!

If you are feeling like you will never reach your goals please post a positive comment! Just say the opposite of what you think but turn it into something positive!

We must first rid ourselves of the negative to gain the positive!

MonaRae

MizaniMami

I was going to make one of these! I am reaaaally feeling down about my hair right now! I wish I never cut those 3 inches off, even though my hair thanks me for it.

I don't really have much positivity to contribute to this thread about myself except my hair is very moisturized because of this no heat and co-washing thing. Even though I just began my hair journey it feels like FOREVER! I just want to see some dramatic results.

But I'm trying to be patient...

BrwnSugaBabee

* I have noticed a DRAMATIC difference in the health of my hair since LHCF
(just found a before pic ooo wee not posting that one lol)

* It is thicker than what it was a year ago

* I no longer have to ask my hairdresser to work magic to make it appear thicker :lachen:

* I will grow out these layers!

* My breakage is slowing down

* By late Sept or early Oct I should be blunt cut APL!

Overall I am very happy with my hair's progress. I have setbacks but, am learning how to correct my hairs problems! :grin:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I think positive affirmations work. So looking on the bright side:

- I discovered that my hair is currently 24.5 inches from hairline to ends. This means I am getting closer to my goal of midback at 27".
- My touch up with Mizani lye went very well. I finally found a relaxer that works well for me.
- Seems that I have my shedding issuses under control (for now anyways).

MonaRae

MizaniMami said:
I was going to make one of these! I am reaaaally feeling down about my hair right now! I wish I never cut those 3 inches off, even though my hair thanks me for it.

I don't really have much positivity to contribute to this thread about myself except my hair is very moisturized because of this no heat and co-washing thing. Even though I just began my hair journey it feels like FOREVER! I just want to see some dramatic results.

But I'm trying to be patient...

MizaniMami

You want to hear something funny? I was going to type my S.O.S in your Midback Challenge thread but deleted it and just started this one.

I feel the same way you do but then I said to myself speak positively and chuck the negative.

Let me help you out - You hair is the BOMB! I love the shine! And as far as length, it's longer than mines! You go GURL! :grin:

Keep up the good work!

MonaRae

MizaniMami

MonaRae said:
MizaniMami

You want to hear something funny? I was going to type my S.O.S in your Midback Challenge thread but deleted it and just started this one.

I feel the same way you do but then I said to myself speak positively and chuck the negative.

Let me help you out - You hair is the BOMB! I love the shine! And as far as length, it's longer than mines! You go GURL! :grin:

Keep up the good work!

MonaRae

Aww thank you! :p I needed that. I am too hard on myself sometimes. I can't wait until we reach our goals. I wonder how it will be a year from now!

Crissi

Hmmm a friend of mine just said to me that I CANNOT grow long hair because I don't have QUALITY hair (whatever that's meant to mean).

Well you know what?...

I've shaved my hair, its growing nicely already. I'm split end free, damage free, and heat free. Now my hair will grow in healthy and strong, further more it will stay weaved, until I get to 18", then I'll watch his draw drop

Crissi said:
Hmmm a friend of mine just said to me that I CANNOT grow long hair because I don't have QUALITY hair (whatever that's meant to mean).

What-the-diddly?:nuts:

Anyway, I'm happy to say that I've had color in my hair for about 7 months and it's still looking pretty good. No breakage or nothin. Also, my hair has survived the most HORRENDOUS straw-set. I lost alot of hair that day at the hairdresser but suprisingly, my hair has emerged triumphant. No major damage at all.:clapping:

amy1234

some positive words huh?
-my hair is sooo thick!!
-I haven't had anyset backs so far this year so I'll be looking for more progress very soon!
- I still don't need a trim :)

MonaRae

Crissi said:

Well you know what?...

I've shaved my hair, its growing nicely already. I'm split end free, damage free, and heat free. Now my hair will grow in healthy and strong, further more it will stay weaved, until I get to 18", then I'll watch his draw drop

If only she knew! When and I say When you are 18' long you must start a "In Your Face" thread!

I have one of those friends. When I told her that I will have BSL hair by the end of the year she got silent (that yeah, right keep dreaming silent) and I repeated myself very strongly! I think she got the message too! ;)

And that same friend hangs on my every word when I start talking hair!

Keep doing what you do!
MonaRae

Crissi

MonaRae said:
If only she knew! When and I say When you are 18' long you must start a "In Your Face" thread!

I have one of those friends. When I told her that I will have BSL hair by the end of the year she got silent (that yeah, right keep dreaming silent) and I repeated myself very strongly! I think she got the message too! ;)

And that same friend hangs on my every word when I start talking hair!

Keep doing what you do!
MonaRae

Lol it was a male friend but i most definately will do the in your face thread, haha i nearly died laughing! I love you ladies, all so inspirational!

RabiaElaine

Great Thread!!! Excellent Thread!!! Fantastic Thread!!!

• My hair has definitely grown and retained length since February 2005
  • My longest layers are 1-2 inches past shoulder length
  • I've finally learned about how to properly moisturize my hair
  • People are noticing that my hair is longer
  • Since I started transitioning to texlaxed I started noticing my hair thickening up (except at the ends)
  • I've learned how to stretch and am down to 3-4 relaxers per year as opposed to 8-9 a year.
  • My nape is no longer "missing" in action :lachen:
  • I've learned how to protective style and like it
  • My longest layer will reach APL by the end of this year!
  • I will continue to take my vitamins consistently
  • I will be consistent!!!!

MonaRae

Crissi said:
Lol it was a male friend but i most definately will do the in your face thread, haha i nearly died laughing! I love you ladies, all so inspirational!

Well, at least I made you laugh! LOL!!!!! :lachen: