Sores on scalp help!

carmella25

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had this problem. I been conditioner washing since 2002. Just recently I have been getting sores and and bumps on my scalp that are really painful. Sometimes theyre pussy. I dont know what it could be. I would cw everyday,deep condition once a week and rinse with acv rinse once a week. Do you think it may be due to too much moisture. I stopped spraying products on my scalp and hair and havent done any conditoner washes this whole week to see what would happen and the bumps are going away a little. What do you guys think I should do.

Carmella25

It sounds like it may be folliculitis. There are lots of threads on this--run a search for it. And the products that you're putting on your hair/ scalp for moisture may be contributing to it, but it sounds like you're taking the right steps to get your outbreak cleared up.

That sounds serious. If the sores are filled with pus and they're painful then you probably have some type of infection and need to see a dermatologist.

I don't have any suggestions, but I certainly hope you figure out what is going on soon. That sounds very painful. Blessings, girl!

When I had a few bumps at the back of my head I panicked until I realized that I've been using a lot of oil sheen and stuff (sprays) on my hair. I shampooed and didn't add any extra oils or anything and the little bumps were still there, I waited three days and shampooed again and they are gone and never came back.

Sometimes the products we use can really irritate our scalp. I hope it works out for you.

wash your hair the regular way for awhile and see what happens. are you talking about the type of bumps you get on your edges when braids are too tight? or are they itching and bleeding and stuff?

I just went thru the same thing; see my post on "so I have folliculitis." It's EXACTLY what you described. It's an infection of the hair follicles and you'll want to treat it right away. You'll need to do more than just clean your scalp. I used a medicated shampoo (T-Gel) and undiluted tea tree oil to dry it up. Also be careful about the pus; depending on whether you have a staph infection, they could be contagious and if so may move to your face and body, so be sure to wash your hands after handling your hair and scalp till it clears up.

I'm finally down to mostly just itchiness now, but it REALLY hurt last week when I first broke out. Mine turns out to be most likely from sweating in my hair; I recently started working out. Good luck to you.

Blu217 said:
I just went thru the same thing; see my post on "so I have folliculitis." It's EXACTLY what you described. It's an infection of the hair follicles and you'll want to treat it right away. You'll need to do more than just clean your scalp. I used a medicated shampoo (T-Gel) and undiluted tea tree oil to dry it up. Also be careful about the pus; depending on whether you have a staph infection, they could be contagious and if so may move to your face and body, so be sure to wash your hands after handling your hair and scalp till it clears up.

I'm finally down to mostly just itchiness now, but it REALLY hurt last week when I first broke out. Mine turns out to be most likely from sweating in my hair; I recently started working out. Good luck to you.

oh my goodness! is everything starting to get better? did you see a dermatologist? Im scared to go running today once i read that :(

mzhotniz86 said:
wash your hair the regular way for awhile and see what happens. are you talking about the type of bumps you get on your edges when braids are too tight? or are they itching and bleeding and stuff?

They actually bleed when I push on it. And when I have the shower water running through my hair and scalp its painful sometimes.

Blu217 said:

Thanks for your help

carmella25 said:
I was thinking about purchasing some emu oil to see if that would help.

I am confident that it will work for you as it did for me....please post back here if you decide to use it? :)

update

Hey everyone since the last time I posted. I stopped using everything on my hair like cw,and putting different mosturizers on my hair and scalp. I just rinsed my hair with water only everyday. Now my scalp has almost comleted healed. I have a little tiny scab left on my scalp. I think I was over moisturizing.

What do you ladies think?

Re: update

that was probably it. i knew there must be a drawback to having your hair wet all day and all night day after day. i'm glad it's clearing up.

Back