SOOooo Tired of this wig....!

dlove

I am trying the "poor gal's" version of Renieces hid your hair and wear a wig to gain growth under the wig. Honey, that wig is driving me crazy!! Hair in my face, falling out of shape, hot, itchy UGHHHHH! :swearing::angry2:

Any wig haters out there?

Oh,any hair cute protective styles for a medium 4b haired suggestions?

yodie

I was feeling the same way. I wigged' it for years. Grew my hair and destroyed it too. About two weeks ago I just couldn't take it anymore. I was out in public and ready to snatch that carpet off my head. Lol! Waited 'til I got home, did my hair and I've been consistently wig free and wearing my hair. feels good.

I'm natural, 4b, neck length. I blowdry and wear twist out styles. Love it!

dlove

^^^ great story! Yodie, (that's a name i made up for my friend Yolanda) I 've only been wearing it for two weeks and every chance I get I snatch it off. In the car right after work, walking in house, etc. Are you retaining length with that blow dry? got pics?

Ms Lala

Maybe you shouldn't try wigging it in the summer time. I'm guessing it's hot where you are. When I wear wigs I prefer half wigs. I feel less claustrophobic. I've gone a couple weeks straight wearing wigs and I have a couple that I switch back and forth between. I use them as protective styles when I get tired of my buns and twists.

brucebettye

I am not a wig hater, but I don't like to wear them in the summer. I like to wear phony ponytails. I have been able to fool my coworkers and friends with the one a wear in my siggy. That ponytail is my new best friend.

yodie

^^^ great story! Yodie, (that's a name i made up for my friend Yolanda) I 've only been wearing it for two weeks and every chance I get I snatch it off. In the car right after work, walking in house, etc. Are you retaining length with that blow dry? got pics?

I retained length, but I just started using the blowdryer. I used to let my hair airdry, but I don't like airdrying. The wig became a crutch. I've been wearing it since '05, way too long. Had so many hair mishaps and restarts. No more wig for me. Working with what I have.