Soooo remember I was supposed to get my hair braided Sunday?

SimpleKomplexity

Yeah Yeah my hair is thinning out. My mom kept complainin about it. I got worried, so I decided to get kinky twists

Here's my blog on www.simplykomplex.com to keep yall updated:

I need my hair braided. Kinky Twisted, Microbraided, it needs to be up before I have a panic attack with it. I am SOOO tired of fooling with it hence the picture above. So it's this chick who does hair. Kinky twists for $100. For one that ish is too high if you're just a regular person doing braids, plus I gotta buy the hair? They day before she asked me if I could pay her half of the $100 cuz her purse got stolen. I'm sorry but I wasn't feeling like the good Samaritan. I dunno this chick and frankly I dun give a dayum if your purse got stolen and you need some money. That's what the bank and parents are for. You ain't put your hand in my head so you gets no money from me.

WTF. So then she was supposed to do it at 11 on Sunday. At 10:45 she told me to wait til 1pm. At 1 pm she asked me to pick up some gel on my way. I'm like wtf, don't you do hair? You should have gel dang. I drove to her house, and she told me she had to move her stuff out her apartment so could I give her another 30 minutes. (Didn't you know that before I drove over here) Well 30 minutes turned into 2 hours. She called me back at 3pm and THEN told me she needed another 45 minutes to unpack her car. WTF. You need MY money, I don't need yours? So dayum unprofessional. I didn't wanna go back to the house so from 1pm-4pm I shopped it up of course at Target, payless, CVS, any place I could get my hands on. I even stopped my Pizza Hut for lunch. SHE STILL wasn't ready. By that time I was ready to strangle her....so in my head I just told her to forget it. I made up some bull**** story about having to do something, and I haven't heard from her since. Girl boo. I will walk around like this before I let you in my head.

The sad thing is I literally look like this ^^. My hair is just washed and blowdried and in a big bun. *** it. I really need to find someone else to do my hair. Ugh. I'm so glad that I don't go to hair salons anymore. This is the kinda bull that make me wanna kill them.

Last edited:

dlewis

Hey why do you have two different color nail polish? Is that the new style? My daughter does that, I thought she was just weird but maybe it's in.

preciouslove0x

OMG. This post gave me a GREAT laugh (unfortunately on your expense).

I'm sorry this happened to you :sad: But dang, this was TOO funny :D

SimpleKomplexity

Hey why do you have two different color nail polish? Is that the new style? My daughter does that, I thought she was just weird but maybe it's in.

I think it's kute!! It lets me wear two different colors that I prolly haven't worn at all together. My mom thinks it's weird too. When I was going with Mr. Perfect he hated it too. In our pictures together I think I have bright blue nail polish but like 3 or 4 fingers are black. He was like....baby....you really had to wear that on our Christmas pictures?! :nono: I'm like it's the inside that matters the most. :rolleyes: The photographer was laughin cuz he was looking like.... really Kris :ohwell: but smilin at the same time :grin:

vkb247

I love the pics too. I can't believe that you didn't cancel on her earlier. I would be afraid to let a person like that touch my hair. BTW I think your hair looks great in those pics. What's wrong with wearing buns? Sounds like your hair could use the low manipulation.

SimpleKomplexity

I love the pics too. I can't believe that you didn't cancel on her earlier. I would be afraid to let a person like that touch my hair. BTW I think your hair looks great in those pics. What's wrong with wearing buns? Sounds like your hair could use the low manipulation.

My mom wanted me to cancel anyway because she thought I was krazy for paying $100 for some durn kinky twists and the girl is like my age. But then when I told my mom about the girl asking me for $50 before she even placed a finger in my head....my mom was like :perplexed

She prolly knew she had something do this whole time. I mean WHO MOVES from their old apartment when they know they said they would be doing someone's hair the same day. If I would have paid her half the day before, I would have felt compelled to let her go on and do my hair. Instead I did some mini shopping, got my carwashed, and went home and told my mom everything.

lol My mom was like I worry about you sometimes. I'm glad to know you have a LITTLE bit of common sense not to let irresponsible people undeserving of your moneu ($100 at that) in your head lol.

It's nothing wrong with buns, but this stuff is poofy and I'm relaxed but my hair is always shrinking up :ohwell:. I feel like a mushroom head.

HappilyLiberal

It's the style dlewis. They polish their nails to match the outfit and if the outfit has several colors... so be it!

If you look closely, you'll notice SK actually has on three different colors. She has a purpleish color on her thumb or another finger.

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Wow she had some nerve!! :hardslap:

Cute post

Platinum

A kitchen beautician asking a client (especially one that doesn't know her) to pay half the day before the appointment because her purse was stolen? Hmmm... that sounds like a crack fiend hustle. I'm glad you were smart enough to not fall for that.:yep:

soulfusion

I'm glad you didn't advance her any money. You probably would have never seen that $50 again and STILL wouldn't have had your hair done. Always listen to your gut.

msdeevee

After all of her excuses and foolywang why did you feel like you had to make up an excuse?

I would have told her straight " girl, I have wasted the better part of my day waiting on you and all your excuses , you are very unprofessional and you will never hear from me or anyone else I know ever again, bye, enjoy your life" :look:

You did good not advancing her that money though.

beans4reezy

No she didn't. Unprofessional from the beginning when she asked you for half until the end- where she had you on such a long delay.

Learn to do the kinky twists yourself and save $100.

SimpleKomplexity

After all of her excuses and foolywang why did you feel like you had to make up an excuse?

I would have told her straight " girl, I have wasted the better part of my day waiting on you and all your excuses , you are very unprofessional and you will never hear from me or anyone else I know ever again, bye, enjoy your life" :look:

You did good not advancing her that money though.

Cuz I'm too scurred to tell her that I don't wanna *** with her cuz she wasted half my day. That seems so mean.

No she didn't. Unprofessional from the beginning when she asked you for half until the end- where she had you on such a long delay.

I've been toying with the idea of learning how to do them myself. I'm looking on youtube now.

Platinum

Cuz I'm too scurred to tell her that I don't wanna *** with her cuz she wasted half my day. That seems so mean.

You shouldn't even worry about sparing her feelings. She didn't try to spare yours when she made you waste your time. You probably would have been able to get somebody else to do your hair if she wasn't playing games. Trying to hustle someone out of hard earned $$$, then constantly lying and giving them the run around is mean. PM me her number, shoot, I'll call her and tell her.:yep:

Last edited:

SEMO

I dunno this chick and frankly I dun give a dayum if your purse got stolen and you need some money. That's what the bank and parents are for.

:lachen::lachen:This part was just hilarious to me (spoken like a true college student), and I know you probably weren't trying to be funny on purpose. :lachen:

I'm sorry she wasted your time (I have a pet peeve about that). But I'm glad you didn't pay her the $50 in advance and glad that you didn't let her do your hair. Somehow I think she would have messed it up. She seems really lax and irresponsible (just from what you mentioned in your story).

lilsparkle825

THIS.

But I'm all for that price. Shoot, I learned and that's exactly how much I charge people. My hands hurt after those 8 hours, and most of these clients have raggedy broken off hair and expect ME to work miracles. Salons are $175+. Take it or leave it, that's my motto.

Janet'

So sorry that this happened to you...but glad that you avoided a possible crisis...You are too funny, girl!

brucebettye

I love your post and the pictures are:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I should not be laughing, but you made that story so funny and it is a good that you did not give her half of the money upfront. She was shady(old school term) from the beginning. Good thing you only lost some time and not your money.

SimpleKomplexity

:lachen::lachen:This part was just hilarious to me (spoken like a true college student), and I know you probably weren't trying to be funny on purpose. :lachen:
LOL Now that I read it....it is funny lol. I love how I've lumped parents and the bank as synonyms lol.
I'm sorry she wasted your time (I have a pet peeve about that). But I'm glad you didn't pay her the $50 in advance and glad that you didn't let her do your hair. Somehow I think she would have messed it up. She seems really lax and irresponsible (just from what you mentioned in your story).
She's done my hair before and she's good at it. She only takes 4 hours....but I'm thinking this is a sign too. She prolly would have messed up some kinda way.
I love your post and the pictures are:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I should not be laughing, but you made that story so funny and it is a good that you did not give her half of the money upfront. She was shady(old school term) from the beginning. Good thing you only lost some time and not your money.
But my hair is still messed up LOL! I think I found someone to do my hair though. But the thing is this girl keeps callin me and leaving voicemails....i don't know how to nicely snap on her.

So sorry that this happened to you...but glad that you avoided a possible crisis...You are too funny, girl!
:nono: I can't believe some people can be so lax when it comes to offering their services. I like her and all but dang. Really?!