SOMEONE...ANYONE HELP ME!!!

Extremus

I've been using the Ayurveda rinses for a week now. I see a big difference in my hair for the WORST. My hair is more tangled, dry, and COARSE! :wallbash: It feels like wool! My newgrowth is now unbearable! I tried combing my hair and it broke off badly.:sad: I barely would put products in my hair, and it felt stiff and weighed down. :mad:

I tried 3 different mixtures:

1st:
2 tsp Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder

2nd:
2 tsp Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder

This was the most moisturizing.

3rd:
2 tbs Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder

ETA: Has anyone else experience this and how they went about in correcting it.

HELP :sad: thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ajargon02

I've been using the Ayurveda rinses for a week now. I see a big difference in my hair for the WORST. My hair is more tangled, dry, and COARSE! :wallbash: It feels like wool! My newgrowth is now unbearable! I tried combing my hair and it broke off badly.:sad: I barely would put products in my hair, and it felt stiff and weighed down. :mad:

1st:
2 tsp Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder

2nd:
2 tsp Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder

3rd:
2 tbs Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder

HELP :sad:
Are you following up with dc? Do you mix these with DC or just distilled water and the powders? For me I will do a rinse but mix it with condish that way my hair isn't so dry. I have added some powders infused with oil, put them in condish with silk amino acids, added to henna.

Extremus

How much water are you using? Or are you making a paste?

I use a cup of boiling hot wate, strain, let it cool, then pour it on my hair. Is it suppose to be "pasty"? It kinda like tea :ohwell:

Are you following up with dc? Do you mix these with DC or just distilled water and the powders? For me I will do a rinse but mix it with condish that way my hair isn't so dry. I have added some powders infused with oil, put them in condish with silk amino acids, added to henna.

I followed the first rinse with a DC for 30mins, still very dry. I do mix the powders with distilled water, pour over my hair and co-wash. I don't mix the powder + water mixture into a DC/conditioner though. (I hope I said it right)

Last edited:

Lavendar

I don't know what texture you hair is, but mine is very fine and I can't use amla in my hair. Amla is extremely, extremely acidic and drying....for me. I know I've read somewhere that it is moisturizing, but considering it has a higher vitamin C content than an orange or any other fruit for that matter, you gotta know how acidic it is. That being said, the first time I used it my hair was very hard and dry and I never used again, except on my face, but that's another horror story. The key is finding which ones your hair can tolerate and how best to use them, but I wouldn't mess around with them until I had lost a lot of hair. I find shikakai, brahmi, bhringraj, and henna to be great for my hair, but I always add something moisturizing to the mix before application.:yep:

IntoMyhair

1st:
2 tsp Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder

2nd:
2 tsp Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder

3rd:
2 tbs Amla powder
1 tsp Shikakai powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder

ETA: Has anyone else experience this and how they went about in correcting it.

HELP :sad: thanks in advance!

I would cut out the shikakai. But i barely no this stuff.

tricie

Hey, EWilliams!

Before I do an Indian powder mixture, I "scritch" my scalp with shikaikai oil, and leave it in over night. The next morning, I add Amla oil to my hair for about 15-20 minutes, and then rinse WELL.

Next, I use your first mixture (2 tsp Amla powder,
1 tsp Shikakai powder, 1 tsp Brahmi powder) with about 3 cups of water, so it makes a brown water. I pour this over my head and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes to no longer than 30 minutes. After rinsing, I DC with oils and silk amino acid added to my conditioner for about an hour without heat.

I haven't had any dryness problems doing it this way, and I think this is Candy_C's method if I'm not mistaken. I think have the pre-oil scritching/oiling helps with the dryness.

HTH!

Extremus

Hey, EWilliams!

Before I do an Indian powder mixture, I "scritch" my scalp with shikaikai oil, and leave it in over night. The next morning, I add Amla oil to my hair for about 15-20 minutes, and then rinse WELL.

Next, I use your first mixture (2 tsp Amla powder,
1 tsp Shikakai powder, 1 tsp Brahmi powder) with about 3 cups of water, so it makes a brown water. I pour this over my head and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes to no longer than 30 minutes. After rinsing, I DC with oils and silk amino acid added to my conditioner for about an hour without heat.

I haven't had any dryness problems doing it this way, and I think this is Candy_C's method if I'm not mistaken. I think have the pre-oil scritching/oiling helps with the dryness.

HTH!

Hey! :grinwink:

I do the scalp masages for 15mins w/ Amla & coconut oil and then apply the two oils along the hair shaft and ends. leave it on overnight. the next day use the rinse, but I use 1 cup of water, instead of 3.

Last edited:

Extremus

I don't know what texture you hair is, but mine is very fine and I can't use amla in my hair. Amla is extremely, extremely acidic and drying....for me. I know I've read somewhere that it is moisturizing, but considering it has a higher vitamin C content than an orange or any other fruit for that matter, you gotta know how acidic it is. That being said, the first time I used it my hair was very hard and dry and I never used again, except on my face, but that's another horror story. The key is finding which ones your hair can tolerate and how best to use them, but I wouldn't mess around with them until I had lost a lot of hair. I find shikakai, brahmi, bhringraj, and henna to be great for my hair, but I always add something moisturizing to the mix before application.:yep:

Wow! :blush:

I guess I do have to find out which works best for my hair. Thanks for sharing this ;)

tricie

I do the scalp masages for 15mins w/ Amla & coconut oil and then apply the two oils along the hair shaft and ends. leave it on overnight. the next day use the rinse, but I use 1 cup of water, instead of 3.

Hey, EWilliams!

Maybe it's not diluted enough since you only use a cup of water. I would try more water, and maybe pm Candy_C to see what she thinks since she's had such great success with the powders. If I can locate the old thread where she talks about her method, I will pm you.

Take care, girl (your hair is very pretty and the length is outta this world!) :yep:

Qualitee

I've come to the conculsion that those powders aren't for everybody. I've used Amla and shikakai powder mix. Well is did clean my scalp very very well ,but I just didn't see the difference in my hair. Plus the mess and the smell kills me.

Extremus

Hey, EWilliams!

Maybe it's not diluted enough since you only use a cup of water. I would try more water, and maybe pm Candy_C to see what she thinks since she's had such great success with the powders. If I can locate the old thread where she talks about her method, I will pm you.

Take care, girl (your hair is very pretty and the length is outta this world!) :yep:

Thank u! :grin::grinwink:

I PMed her even though, I'm pretty sure she's sooo sick of hearing questions about this Ayurveda stuff. :look:

nycutiepie

I think you need to use more water. I use about 2 1/2 cups and I have no problems. My hair is very fine/thin too. I just finished using the shikakai soap and then followed that with a rinse of amla/shikakai/brahmi and bhringraj and then DCd with heat and I had no problem. I do an extra step that I think CandyC does and use a very moisturizing/slippery conditioner BEFORE I did my DC. I basically rinse out the powder rinse and then immediately use a moisturizing conditioner for like 2 mins and then rinse that and put my DC in and go under the heat. I suggest using more water because it doesn't sound like it's diluted enough. HTH!

Extremus

I think you need to use more water. I use about 2 1/2 cups and I have no problems. My hair is very fine/thin too. I just finished using the shikakai soap and then followed that with a rinse of amla/shikakai/brahmi and bhringraj and then DCd with heat and I had no problem. I do an extra step that I think CandyC does and use a very moisturizing/slippery conditioner BEFORE I did my DC. I basically rinse out the powder rinse and then immediately use a moisturizing conditioner for like 2 mins and then rinse that and put my DC in and go under the heat. I suggest using more water because it doesn't sound like it's diluted enough. HTH!

You're the 2nd person who said this, so I will give it another try with more water this time:yep:

Extremus

I've come to the conculsion that those powders aren't for everybody. I've used Amla and shikakai powder mix. Well is did clean my scalp very very well ,but I just didn't see the difference in my hair. Plus the mess and the smell kills me.

Mine 2. It was like an ultra clarifier :yep:...it smells like tea the whole time to me :lol: