Somebody Needs What You Can Give

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Friday, February 26, 2010 Print Article

Somebody Needs What You Can Give
Pastor Paula White
Numbers are significant to God.
The number "9" signifies "gifts," and "fruit." 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 states that we are given nine different ways in which the Holy Spirit shows Himself in our lives. And as with the "gifts of the Spirit" described in Galatians 5:22, these are inner qualities that bless those around us when we share them.
How we share our blessings, gifts, and talents with others is how we show God's love and allow our lives to be a light to the world around us.
Love is a verb - an action word. We can love those around us by our simple actions of giving. Each of us has something to give our world. And somebody out there needs what you can give!
Giving is not about a financial thing -- although that is one way to give. Sharing with others stems from our inner being; it is giving of ourselves, our talents and our abilities. Today one of the most valuable gifts we can give someone may be our time.
Any time is a good time to give, however, during seasons of struggle, hardship, or transition -- which many of us are experiencing now -- I think it is especially important. It is easy to become self-absorbed, and feel we have nothing to give.
But I assure you, you have something somebody needs. It may be a warm smile, or a friendly touch! I have found through my own experiences that when I'm going through difficult times, it helps to make a deliberate and conscious choice to give of myself to others.
While going through a series of very painful experiences, I visited a nearby nursing home and devoted a portion of every week to five elderly people who had nobody else visiting them. My gifts to them were simple:
I listened to stories of their childhood adventures.
I held their hands and told them stories of my own.
I joked with them.
Sometimes I brought them soft cookies they could "gum" on -- or little bouquets of flowers they could smell, even if they couldn't see them.
By sharing simple acts of kindness with these precious seniors, not only was God's love manifested, but it brought me incredible blessings of joy and happiness and allowed me to focus on the positive side of my personal life. When we give to others it is impossible not to be blessed.
I encourage you to take time to hear the small still voice within.
Be sensitive to God's Spirit in every area of your life. Find simple ways of sharing the gifts He has given you with the people around you. You will, in turn, find yourself filled with joy and contentment, as you become His hand extended to a hurting world.
Remember, your life is a gift from God - what you do with your life is your gift to Him.

determine3

Oh thank-you for this dear Sister, this message is a true blessing:yep:. I have been searching for a while now for my "Purpose" in life and God spoke to me about your post. The reason why I have felt so out of touch is because I was not "GIVING" the way I should be. I was not following the desires of my heart. It warms me to give.

Quick story. I went Thrift store shopping and found all these great buys in brand name baby clothes to sell on Ebay. I made my profit worksheet to see what kind of markup I needed to make a certain amount of money and was ready to list them but all this clothing has been sitting in my office smiling at me:look:. Long story short, God let me know that I should BLESS someone with this clothing. There are babies out there who don't have!!!!! I'm going to find a woman's shelter (I already laundered the clothes) and make a nice basket presentation and donate the clothes as a gift from God! Just the thought of doing this act makes me feel so good inside!

God said to his disciple Simon Peter in John 21:16- Take care of my sheep.

Be blessed!

LovelyRo

Oh thank-you for this dear Sister, this message is a true blessing:yep:. I have been searching for a while now for my "Purpose" in life and God spoke to me about your post. The reason why I have felt so out of touch is because I was not "GIVING" the way I should be. I was not following the desires of my heart. It warms me to give.

Quick story. I went Thrift store shopping and found all these great buys in brand name baby clothes to sell on Ebay. I made my profit worksheet to see what kind of markup I needed to make a certain amount of money and was ready to list them but all this clothing has been sitting in my office smiling at me:look:. Long story short, God let me know that I should BLESS someone with this clothing. There are babies out there who don't have!!!!! I'm going to find a woman's shelter (I already laundered the clothes) and make a nice basket presentation and donate the clothes as a gift from God! Just the thought of doing this act makes me feel so good inside!

God said to his disciple Simon Peter in John 21:16- Take care of my sheep.

Be blessed!

This just spoke to me! As I read through the OP I thought about what "gift" I could offer someone in need, I was stumped! Then I read your post and it brought me to tears. I still have every clothing item and every pair of shoes I have ever purchased for my 16 month old son! I too will be donating these items to a women's shelter. Thanks!

determine3

This just spoke to me! As I read through the OP I thought about what "gift" I could offer someone in need, I was stumped! Then I read your post and it brought me to tears. I still have every clothing item and every pair of shoes I have ever purchased for my 16 month old son! I too will be donating these items to a women's shelter. Thanks!

Beautiful!!!!!:yep: Each one...reach one!! Each one, bless one!!