Softliss BKT on Natural 4a/4b hair, long,Pics.

mccray689

Okay so I saved my nickels and dimes and bought the Softliss BKT. For my one year anniversary I decided to do it which happens to be today :), August 20,2009. This was my first time doing the BKT and was very excited. I did it in my second garage cause it has ac, tv and bathroom cause i knew i'll be out there a while. This is what I did:

- I washed with clarifying 3 times, last time i left shampoo in for 10 minutes.
- I think detangled and bunned and let air dry.
- I applied the product and combed through hair for 5 mins. Let it sit.
- Blowdried and let it sit for an hour ( had to pick up something to eat :lachen:)
- I flatironed at 410( as high as my flat iron goes) prbly ten passes. I did in very small sections.
- Haven't washed out cause I have a party to go to and my flatironed hair looks pretty:grin: Will edit post when I do wash.

Overall the fumes werent bad until I began flatironing and like the steam was busy. Used a fan to bow away and a fan turned backwards in window to extract fumes.

file:///C:/Users/Mrs.%20Carter/Pictures/2009-08-20%20bkt/bkt%20010.JPG

Attachments

• selling lhcf 022.jpg
    selling lhcf 022.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 380
  • flat iron, bkt 094.jpg
    flat iron, bkt 094.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 282
  • bkt 001.jpg
    bkt 001.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 334
  • bkt 009.jpg
    bkt 009.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 484
  • bkt 008.jpg
    bkt 008.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:

Natural Glow

Okay so I saved my nickels and dimes and bought the Softliss BKT. For my one year anniversary I decided to do it which happens to be today :), August 20,2009. This was my first time doing the BKT and was very excited. I did it in my second garage cause it has ac, tv and bathroom cause i knew i'll be out there a while. This is what I did:

- I washed with clarifying 3 times, last time i left shampoo in for 10 minutes.
- I think detangled and bunned and let air dry.
- I applied the product and combed through hair for 5 mins. Let it sit.
- Blowdried and let it sit for an hour ( had to pick up something to eat :lachen:)
- I flatironed at 410( as high as my flat iron goes) prbly ten passes. I did in very small sections.
- Haven't washed out cause I have a party to go to and my flatironed hair looks pretty:grin: Will edit post when I do wash.

Overall the fumes werent bad until I began flatironing and like the steam was busy. Used a fan to bow away and a fan turned backwards in window to extract fumes.
file:///C:/Users/Mrs.%20Carter/Pictures/2009-08-20%20bkt/bkt%20010.JPG

Looks good. I'm gonna get me some of that Softliss pretty soon. Which scent did you get?

beana

You had great results...thanks for sharing! im a 4a/b too (relaxed though) so its great to see how it would work on natural hair with the same texture.

angenoir

Great! Your hair looks lovely. Thanks for sharing your experience.
HOw long did it take you from start to finish?

Thank you. I was so scared to get it dyed, i tried to get it washed out right after she put it in:lachen:

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in BKT but I don't know if I'm able to do it myself yet and that $300-400 is a bit steep for my blood right now:ohwell:. What color did you get on your hair? Your hair looks AWESOME!! :lick: Can't wait to see the afterwash results!

mccray689

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in BKT but I don't know if I'm able to do it myself yet and that $300-400 is a bit steep for my blood right now:ohwell:. What color did you get on your hair? Your hair looks AWESOME!! :lick: Can't wait to see the afterwash results!

Thanks, I got honey blond for my highlights.

sheba1

BEAUTIFUL RESULTS!! Thank you for sharing :yep: Your hair looks gorgeous. So have you done your mask yet? Will you flat iron after? I'd love to see your results after that, also, if you don't mind? Really pretty results.

OT, Caribgirl, chile, your 2 year progress pics have got me bout to :thud: If my hair gets anywhere near that long and healthy looking after 2 years of care I just may think I am GAWGEOUS! :p

mccray689

BEAUTIFUL RESULTS!! Thank you for sharing :yep: Your hair looks gorgeous. So have you done your mask yet? Will you flat iron after? I'd love to see your results after that, also, if you don't mind? Really pretty results.

OT, Caribgirl, chile, your 2 year progress pics have got me bout to :thud: If my hair gets anywhere near that long and healthy looking after 2 years of care I just may think I am GAWGEOUS! :p

thank you :grin: i'm waiting to do the mask till tomorrow morning because i have a function to go to and my hair is already flat ironed. but after i do the wash/mask saturday i will flat iron my hair on sunday. and of course i will post pics:grin:

mccray689

question, should i leave the mask in my hair longer because i've had the softliss treatment in my hair longer.

mstar

Luxury bacon
It looks really pretty, mccray! Thank you for sharing...my natural texture is similar to yours, so I'm excited to see your final results. Your color is gorgeous, btw.

sheba1

question, should i leave the mask in my hair longer because i've had the softliss treatment in my hair longer.

Hey there lady, I don't think you should have to leave it on any longer. The treatment was sealed in with the heat from the multiple passes of high temp. The mask should be able to do it's part within the regular allotted time, regardless of the amount of time your hair had the treatment in.

Muse

Bump. Any updates after first wash OP? My hair texture is like yours and I am natural so I'd like to see how this works for you.

Neith

Your hair looks great either way! :up:

but honestly I was mostly drooling over the before pics (is the second one of the blowout?) :yep:

Anyways, I like the color too :)