Soft and Sealing Butters

DominicanBrazilian82

I was lurking in the Oils, Pomades and Butters challenge and came across a link for Sunflower Butter. Click Here.

My hair loves ceramides and I love the soft consistency of the Sunflower Butter; especially for sealing my ends. I did some research on other butters with a similar consistency and started to wonder what butters have proven successful for my fellow LHCF ladies.

What butters are you using and how are you using them? I would like to order some soon and just need a little help.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lina

I would like to know this too.

Does jane carter nourish and shine count as a butter? Do I have to put oil on top to seal?

LaidBak

I use Elasta QP mango butter all the time. Love the stuff. But considering that it has all kinds of other ingredients in it I can't honestly say its pure "butter".

Pure shea butter for me was a fail, even when I 'whipped' it with coconut oil.

Oddly enough, The Body Shop Shea Body Butter was a huge win for me when I used it (out of desperation) as an overnight baggy conditioning treatment.

I bought some almond butter; the pure stuff they sell on those make your own cosmetics websites. Its OK; a little goes a long way. I like to mix it in with the aforementioned mango butter in small batches.

I've always had one eye on sunflower butter, but I've been trying to reduce my stash.

lamaria211

I have raw mango butter its really thick and sort of dry feeling. I have shea butter and also coconut butter

DesignerCurls

I like hemp butter seed & mango butter.
Hemp seed butter is really soft. Kinda reminds me of a grease. I used it to seal my hair. Mango butter is the same way but a little harder but once you rub it in your hands it softens right up! Hemp seed butter sort of defined my curls too. I have ordered my hemp seed butter from fromnaturewithlove.com & mango butter from newdirectionsaromatics.com (I see they carry hemp seed now too) HTH

Eta: I like shopping from the link too! :yep:

Last edited:

leiah

Sunflower butter sounds nice. I love sunflower oil.

I guess i'm one of the few people who likes shea butter. I put it on my wet ends.

Mango butter is ok, I find it more difficult to work with than shea butter.

Right now I use komaza care's scalp conditioner on my ends.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Aloe Butter, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Castor Bean Oil, Soybean Oil infused with nettles, horestail, rosemary, peppermint, marshmallow, chamomile, ProVitamin B5, vitamin E, Lavender essential oil.

It is really soft and easy to spread but still thick and buttery.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
:( Yeah, if coconut is a no-go, it won't be as lovely for you. She does have others that are great for the Ends challenge; I've been using the Cooling Chamomile Whip lately. It doesn't have coconut oil.