Soaking Wet Braidouts?

I always do braidouts on drenched hair and they are rarely fully dry when I unravel them which I HATE. I was wondering if they can be done on damp hair instead of dripping wet?
Do you soak your hair for a braid out or what?

Bajanmum

It works just as well on damp hair as wet hair imho, esp if your leave-in/moisturiser can handle a good braid/twist out also.

naturalmanenyc

I've tried braid outs on damp hair and soaking wet hair. I get better results (more hang time) on damp hair and with a creamy moisturizer.

kinkycurlygurl

I always do braidouts on drenched hair and they are rarely fully dry when I unravel them which I HATE. I was wondering if they can be done on damp hair instead of dripping wet?
Do you soak your hair for a braid out or what?

I just spritz my hair with water from my spray bottle for braid-outs otherwise my hair would never dry by morning.

qchelle

I can't do any kind of -out on soaking wet hair cuz it never dries. If I just cowashed and I'm in a hurry to get to bed, I'll lightly blow dry until it's only damp, and then put the twists, braids, or bantu-knots in. Other than that, I always do them when my hair is dry and I'll just spritz it with a lil water. But never soaking wet.

swtpea

I get beautiful braidouts on soaking wet hair only if my hair has time to dry completely. My curl definition comes out looking very natural.

fivetimestwo

I get more mileage out of a braidout done on soaking wet hair but I have to sit under the hooded dryer to make sure it's fully dry. Otherwise I'll do it on damp hair and just make sure I use something for hold to help maintain the pattern a little better.

Qurlyqt

In the past, my mainstay was braidouts on wet or damp hair. But lately, I like them better on dry hair.

prettyinpurple

Damp hair all the way.

If you have a blow-dryer, use it on cool before unraveling if your hair is still wet. But I'd still stop doing them soaking wet hair unless you can leave them in for days.