So where exactly can lye relaxers be purchased?

Xavier

I have never used a lye relaxer and I definitely would like to see how it would benefit my hair; which always ends up being very underprocessed and dry whenever I self relax.

Now my question is where can I get a lye relaxer from? I never see them at the BSS.

Does the box actually reference that it is a lye relaxer?

Also those who have switched from no-lye to lye which brand did you use to make the transition?

cocoa32

They don't come in a box or kit. Only the no-lye relaxers come in boxes. You will see lye relaxers at your local BSS in small tubs the size of a pint of ice cream, or in really large tubs. You'll have to buy the neutralizing poo seperate.

Xavier

I know it's a stupid question but I don't self relax much. I usually look for a box just like the no lye relaxers. I guess I can just ask if I am having trouble finding one next time I go to Sally's. Thanks for the help.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I may be wrong but I don't think that Sally's sell lye relaxers. If you go to a regular BSS you can find most of them.

Artemis

Sally's does (at least in my city) sell lye and no-lye relaxers. Motions, Silk Elements, Elasta QP, to name a few. Check out the Sally's website. IMO if you want more options of brands, go to a regular BSS, but they are there.

Xavier, which relaxer brand are you looking for??

cocoa32

Xavier said:
I know it's a stupid question but I don't self relax much. I usually look for a box just like the no lye relaxers. I guess I can just ask if I am having trouble finding one next time I go to Sally's. Thanks for the help.

No question is a dumb question. We're here to help one another.

My Sally's BSS has lye relaxers. I saw Silk Elements and Motions just yesterday.

Sha76

Sally's used to not sell lye relaxers to regular non-liscensed folks, but now they do. That is where I get mine from. I just feel they have the freshest product.

Xavier

artemis_e. said:
Sally's does (at least in my city) sell lye and no-lye relaxers. Motions, Silk Elements, Elasta QP, to name a few. Check out the Sally's website. IMO if you want more options of brands, go to a regular BSS, but they are there.

Xavier, which relaxer brand are you looking for??

To be honest I am not sure. I may get silk elements since I have heard a lot of good things about this brand.

Xavier

I am planning to relax this weekend and I am planning on sharing some progress pics for the first time.:grin: I will call Sally's tomorrow to see if they carry Silk Elements. There is one right by my home.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Sha76 said:
Sally's used to not sell lye relaxers to regular non-liscensed folks, but now they do. That is where I get mine from. I just feel they have the freshest product.

Oh ok cool. I will have to stop by Sally's to see. When I went to look for lye relaxer ( ORS) I only saw the no-lye ones. It would be great if they do sell them now.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Sally's has a decent selection of lye-relaxers, but you'd get a better selection at a regular BSS. I know Silk Elemets is only carried at Sally's, I think it's one of their exclusive brands.

LadyR, I've only seen ORS lye relaxers in BSS and some won't sell to you unless you have a license, so you may have to shop around.