So through with Biotin

2themax

well um... :look: i take 15,000 (you read that right) mcg of biotin every day with a b-complex vitamin. i drink probably 5-6 bottles of water every day though, but i don't have skin problems.

i think it's important that when u start taking biotin, u start off slowly before you up the dosage. i don't see myself going past 15k mcg, but i would never START with 5 mcg. sometimes i think if you stick with it, then the bumps will go away (at least that's what happened with me). my skin is crystal clear and glowing all the time, but if it's messin with your face like that, then i'd stop :yep:

candy c is right... my hair is HELLA THICK, boy!!! i love it!

You go girl!! I take 10,000mcg/day. But I started off w/ 5000 mcg/day. I drinks tons of water and I take B-Complex & Vitamin C also. No more pimples or ill effects. I just love it!:grin: I'm So NOT through w/ Biotin:nono:

apemay1969

I've been taking it now for about 10 days. Face started breaking out with tingly zits when I stopped drinking my water right.

I got lazy when it got hot and didn't exfoliate my face, just lathered and rinsed in the shower.

I'm noticing my nails are stronger. My roots don't seem much different. I'll give it time.

I take biotin, b-complex, multi-vitamins, and two flax seed capsules every night. I take two more flaxseeds in the morning.

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it myself.

Anna9764

I've been taking biotin for a couple months now, and come to think of it my skin has been leathery and looks to be broke out in the cheek area also, never thought that it might be the biotin. I only take 1000mcgs daily, 1 at night. I also take GNC Ultra Nourish hair vitamins and it has 1200mcgs. Total 2200mcgs. I may pick up some b-complex to finish the bottle but I think i'm gonna give up the biotin after it's complete. Not going to risk the health of something to benefit the health of somthingelse. Lol :lachen:I just took my biotin minutes before reading these threads :perplexed.
Anna

apemay1969

Okay. I may be done with Biotin.

Has anyone heard of Osmosis Jones?

Well, I haven't but my children snorted in laughter when my husband said that the bump on my neck looked like something Osmosis Jones' would fight.

I don't think that was a compliment.

MonPetite

I found a way to use it topically and enjoy most of the benefits without the breakouts and other issues. :yep: See my drugstore album (Fotki) review for Biotin. HTH! :drunk:

TooCute

I've started taking Rexall's Hair Skin, & Nails vitamins. I have a zit on my chin but I am not certain this vitamin is the culprit.

I take it three times a day for a total of 3000mcg's of Biotin. It has other ingredients that I don't know off the top, but I when I bought it I read the label for the right combination of stuff that I got from my research. We'll see.

Anna9764

I stopped taking the Biotin as soon as I read these threads, it hasn't been 10 days and my skin has cleared tremendously. I bought some B-Complex today and will probably complete the bottle of biotin eventually, and may not ever use it again, not gonna sacrifice my skin health for it. I'm on the right track with my hair now :yep:, I do believe taking the Biotin or not is not gonna make much of a difference I don't think. My hair grows pretty good when i'm not abusing it and take good care of it. I'm taking 2 flaxseed pills daily 1000mg. 1 GNC Ultra Nourish hair tablet a day w/ 1200 mcg of Biotin. And 2 Silica horsetail pills daily. Thats enough. I try not to take too much of anything, but just enough to give me a little boost. I've always known the less I do to my hair the more it grows. All I have to do now is be Patient

TooCute

Okay. I'm breaking out again with the rash like bumpies:ohwell:. I definitely have not been drinking enough water but I am still going to just cut down to just one of those pills a day instead of three.

Last Attempt at Biotin-ness...:drunk:

sunshinelady

Okay, first off, Heat kills b-vitamins. do not take them with any hot food or drink.

Biotin actually cleared someone's skin in the make-up forum.

2themax

I'm sorry to hear that....I love Biotin but I would never take that much (5000mcg)...Thats crazy...

First, let me say that your fotki is gorgeous! However, I must disagree with you on the Biotin amount. :nono: I take 10,000 mcg/day and I have to clip my nails every 1/2 weeks and my hair is getting so thick I can't stand it sometimes (that's because I prefer Length!-the thickness can come later):yep:
I guess it depends on the individual and what your body can withstand. Keep growing that lovely hair!

2themax

you've probabley been taking it totally wrong

you need to take it together with b50 complex

and flaxseed oil

PLUS

multi vitamin once a day too

at night

with hot water

try that

and take 1,000mcg (1mg) thats enuff!!!!!!!

anymore than that make my hair thicker not longer

P.S. Also, I take B-Complex & Vitamin C. I have increased my water by 2 extra 8 oz. glasses/day. Before this, I used to get red, sore pimples. After the B, C & extra water - no problems.

TooCute

So I've been taking (2+ weeks) one Rexall Hair, Nail, Skin Vitamin (picked it up at Walmart) The dosage is 3 a day for a total of 3000mcgs of Biotin, so I'm getting 1000mcgs ...if it works like that. Any who, my face has been in the clear ....so far:look:

Anna9764

Started back on biotin this week after not taking it for about 3 weeks or so. This time i've up'ed my water intake and also taking B-Complex, had already started taking flax seed oil tablets . Wish me luck
. So far my skin is pretty clear. If I have a problem gonna go down to every other day :yep:. Other than what's in my GNC ultra nourish hair w/ 1200 mcgs, only taking 1 tablet daily 1000 mcgs, (Total 2200 mcgs) Not going to exceed that amount.

The Princess

Im sorry to hear you all had bad effects with the Biotin. I haven't had any adverse actions with my skin. I take 5000mcg and whatever else is with my H,S,N and multivitamin. I also take Flaxseed Oil and garlic pills. Im thinking you have to take it along with other vits to balance it out. Taking it straight might cause problems. I also slowly moved up to the amount im taking now. Overall I don't know if its working, but if it suppose to make your hair thicker, than indeed it works.

Anna9764

Ok it's sept 2nd and my skin is doing great, been taking the biotin, b complex and flaxseed for 2 weeks, up'ed my water intake and so far myskin looks pretty good. Anna