So so sorry to start another MTG thread

katie

but I have to ask. I've done a search on it but could find no info.
I gather most people are using MTG 1-3 times a week.
How often do you wash/wet(this could be shampoo or conditioner wash) your hair? Is the effectiveness of MTG affected by frequency of washing?
I usually wash (conditioner wash or shampoo) about 4 times a week and have plans to use MTG 2 or 3 times a week.

Thanks in advance.

hey, sorry it took awhile to get to u. I am a happy mtg user. I use it daily, unlike most people here. Just remember to do a patch test before using it. Some have had allergic reactions to Mtg. My hair loves Mtg, but my hair grew so much, I needed a touch up every 3 weeks. :lol: Thus I quit relaxing and went natural. Your hair may not react like mine did, but I wanted to give you all the info I could before you jump on the mtg bandwagon. Happy growing!

Natrlchallenge said:
hey, sorry it took awhile to get to u. I am a happy mtg user. I use it daily, unlike most people here. Just remember to do a patch test before using it. Some have had allergic reactions to Mtg. My hair loves Mtg, but my hair grew so much, I needed a touch up every 3 weeks. :lol: Thus I quit relaxing and went natural. Your hair may not react like mine did, but I wanted to give you all the info I could before you jump on the mtg bandwagon. Happy growing!

Thanks for responding Natrlchallenge!
How often doyou wash(conditioner wash or shampoo) your hair if you are using it daily?

Hey Katie. I just got my bottle in the mail Wednesday so I'm waiting to see what responses you get regarding usage. I think I might have to get a touch up first. I've been strecthing for about 10weeks. I'm at 8 weeks now and my new growth is getting hard to manage. I think I might get a touch up next week so I can start using the MTG. Happy hair growing.

I used mine just about evey day, but I'm doing a conditioner wash now every day or every other day. Just started with the washing frequently like 2 days ago, so it allows me to not get build up since I use both MTG and surge on my hair daily. I'm doing braidouts for the next month, so I'll let u know how it goes. I've used MTG for about 7 weeks or so now, and so far its great, my kitchen has filled up, and I can now have my hair in a ponytail without fear of folks seeing my back

I wash daily, my hair likes it. I must tell u that I don't follow the directions on the bottle. I use it everyday as a leave in. The results are wonderful. Look up in the search engine MTG. You will see the good and bad posts. As you know,we're all different. One product may work for one, not hte other. I hope it works for u, like it did for me

Natrlchallenge said:
Look up in the search engine MTG. You will see the good and bad posts.

That's the thing. I think the search function can only find more recent threads. I did an "MTG" search and hardly came up with threads. And all the threads were fairly recent. I know there must have been earlier threads dealing with my question but I can't access them. :ohwell:

Hi Katie,

I use MTG about 3 times a week and wash once every 6 to 7 days. I would wash more frequently (that MTG smell is crazy) but my hair doesn't like water so I trade off. I used to go more than a week between washes.

Hello, I've been using it for one week now. I plan to do an overnight conditioner with it once per week then shampoo out the following morning. I just can't stand the smell. I thought I could tolerate just about anything to get length past my shoulders where it is now, but this stuff smells so bad.
I am really sorry ladies, I feel like such a dissappointment bc I really wanted to be part ofthe challenge. I tried to mask the smell by putting a small amount in an applicator bottle then adding peppermint oil and whole cloves. It did basically nothing. I put some on my mother's dog to treat a bald spot the vet calls "hot spot" - heck it won't hurt her and she's not responding well to meds. Anyhow, my mom asked me to never bring that awful smelling stuff back to her house! I used the bottle I had added the EO & cloves to.
Technically, I shampoo 2x per week so I could do 2 overnight MTG conditioning treatments, but even after shampoo I can still smell it.
If I can mask the odor I will continue to use it, but right now, I want to hide it under the bathroom sink and forget I bought it! There must be a way to mask the odor!!

Hi Katie , ive been in braids for 2 weeks and half and i have used the mtg for 2 weeks daily omitting 1 or 2 day to give it a rest as the sulfur leaves some traces in my scalp regardless. I wash twice a week i work wednesdays and thursdays so i wash the night before and dont put nothing or i put the mtg the tuesday night and in the morning the smell dissipates only if i got to bed with it but on the regular i mtg every morning and put my shower cap and my satin bonnet for extra moisture and heat and keep it the whole day if i go out i cover the shower cap with a scarf hahaah. i usually apply it virgin but lately i mix it with some huile masketi (the original one homemade in haiti)i bought in brooklym from a haitian vendor in the street .The first week my broken hairline regrew and i had all over 1/2 inch growth and today after two weeks of daily usage i have 1 inch wowwwww i m hoping if i continue and add my freeda biotin and other supplements i can average 2 inch a month could it be that would mean twa 2inch to brastrap in 6 months i know i know i can dream right hahahaha imagine that 2 inch a month is 24 inch (wow that would be twa to waistlenght in one year hahahh i took a bet with my husband nobody seeing my hair i will keep in braids for one year) in one year if i keep my hair in braids and dont mess with it hum let me just think i will add daily protein shakes in the mix and healthy eating :eek: :grin:

Last edited:
I just started using MTG with my fresh cornrows I got done yesterday and I will continue to use it every other day for 6 weeks to see what kind of results I get before touchup time in September. My hair grows fast anyway but if I can get more per month with MTG I will continue using it for the rest of the year.

Current hair length and texture: 2 inches past brastrap (blown out and trimmed) 4b thick and course
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past brastrap by December 2005...5 more months to go and gaining 1 1/2 in. per month...might exceed it!!!!!

Hi I just wanted to ask do you apply MTG on your scalp and massage or just on the hair I'm a little confused about applying it. thanx

Apply it to your scalp. It helps if you can get a nozzle top to put on the bottle.

NYRICAN1 said:
Hi I just wanted to ask do you apply MTG on your scalp and massage or just on the hair I'm a little confused about applying it. thanx

Back