so i got this new flat iron...

me-T

wanted a nice lil tourmaline gadget for my new planned out regimen (a month in the makin...dont laugh...)

got this remington 1" ceramic/tourmaline with teflon covered plates from wal-mart. the teflon supposedly glides through hair better, and resists product buildup. but the more i think about it, the more i wonder how good a hot fabric runnin thru your hair is better than regular hot plates...

btw, it's heat settings are 1-30 with a heat range of 284f-410f. what the heck do i set it to?

Last edited:

JustKiya

Teflon is non-stick though, right? So, I think that would be really good - not only ensuring that your hair got as smooth as possible since it's against a perfectly smooth surface, but also not snagging/catching on your hair and disturbing the cuticles, since it's so smooth.

You've gotta let us know how it works out.... have you used a flat iron with 'regular' plates before?

me-T

yeah, and when the heat protectant, no matter how light heats up, the plates get sticky, so you may be right. we'll see...

JustKiya

yeah, and when the heat protectant, no matter how light heats up, the plates get sticky, so you may be right. we'll see...

Oh, really?? Hrmm, I didn't know that - that sucks, because that means there is even more chance of snagging and pulling your hair. :nono:

*sigh* I don't think I'll ever wear straight hair - I'm too paranoid!

me-T

yeah regular plates snag me. so hopefully this nonstick thingy here will do me some good. my hair may even come out sleeker.

me-T

i was for real! took me forever and a day! reminded me of openin Barbie dolls where you had to undo all the ties and tape and plastic. good grief!

Rapunzel2B

i was for real! took me forever and a day! reminded me of openin Barbie dolls where you had to undo all the ties and tape and plastic. good grief!

I am so sorry for laughing at you. I thought you were kidding. I know what you mean...when we buy toys for the boys, they are under completely tortured waiting for us to get all the ties and wraps and bolts off.

me-T

I am so sorry for laughing at you. I thought you were kidding. I know what you mean...when we buy toys for the boys, they are under completely tortured waiting for us to get all the ties and wraps and bolts off.

its all good! why they gotta wrap it up like that? by time i get it out, i'm too tired to use it!:lachen: