So how do you KEEP IT SIMPLE????

oooop2

Hi Ladies,

I've read a lot of you guys stating that you are enjoying this hair journey b/c you've found a KEEP IT SIMPLE regime.

Can you explain what exactly you are doing to keep it simple. I am still fairly new in this hair journey, so anything to simplify my hair regime would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :)

TIA!!

I would like to think i keep it simple:
I wash and condition once or twice a week depending on how my hair feels
I moisturise 2x a day
I do not comb or brush
I change my products after some weeks post after I get NG
and as of Dec '07 i have incorporated henna in my regimen

I cowash once a week, apply my Jojoba Oil Gel, style my hair in whatever style I'm wearing for the week, leave it that way for the entire week until I cowash again. I do not deep condition, I do not massage my scalp, I sleep on a satin pillow case daily.

I cowash once a week, apply my Jojoba Oil Gel, style my hair in whatever style I'm wearing for the week, leave it that way for the entire week until I cowash again. I do not deep condition, I do not massage my scalp, I sleep on a satin pillow case daily.

Oh..I wanted to tell you that I started using your Jojoba oil gel on my DDs hair about 2 weeks ago (she also has type 4a hair) and I LOVE it. It really defines her curls and keeps her hair moisturized. Thanks for posting your recipe in your Kodak gallery :)

I keep my hair in the same hairstyle all week long. That alone, allows for things to be VERY simple - it takes the thought out of it. And my weekend time, is MY time, ya know?

I have a schedule - it helps control the 'Oh, I've gotta trythisrightnowitis!!!'

I figured out what my hair likes, and doesn't like - needs and doesn't need - and control my PJ'ism by only 'falling' for products that do what I need.

Oh..I wanted to tell you that I started using your Jojoba oil gel on my DDs hair about 2 weeks ago (she also has type 4a hair) and I LOVE it. It really defines her curls and keeps her hair moisturized. Thanks for posting your recipe in your Kodak gallery :)

I'm so glad you had great results for your daughter's hair. I love this stuff. I've retired all of my other hair products, I don't use anything else in my hair because it's so moisturizing and my hair looks moisturized and shiny!!! I just order bulk items of the aloe vera, jojoba oil, and vegetable glycerin, and I'll be good for the rest of the year!!!

wash amd style once a week, no combing or bruhing the rest of the week. Just moisturize nightly and re-style in the morning with my hands, KISS.

I wash it twice a week to keep it clean and my scalp happy
I condition everytime I wash my hair, I choose my conditioner based on what I think I need at the time of washing
I rollerset and thats it! :)

Wash once a week, DC once a month, moisturize once a day along with however you choose to style it, and trim as needed. Caint get no simpler than that!

Wash once a week, DC once a month, moisturize once a day along with however you choose to style it, and trim as needed. Can't get no simpler than that!

So true..So you only DC 1x/month..Why not more? I hear so many state they DC weekly, so I'm just curious.

Thanks ladies for the input :)

I co wash or rinse everyday.
Keep my hair in plaits or twists for at least a week at a time.
Use simple ingredients for DCing.
Keep my head covered
LISTEN to my hair. Is it asking for moisture (a quick avacado treatment) or protein? (egg treatment)

I'm so glad you had great results for your daughter's hair. I love this stuff. I've retired all of my other hair products, I don't use anything else in my hair because it's so moisturizing and my hair looks moisturized and shiny!!! I just order bulk items of the aloe vera, jojoba oil, and vegetable glycerin, and I'll be good for the rest of the year!!!

Just to let you know that I love it too. I just couldn't remember where I got the recipe from. Thanks, Thanks, very great mix. All my sisters like it as well. Take care.:grin:

Here's what I do.
-Cowash everyday. Sit around with a plastic bag for as long as I wanna keep it in there.
-Braid my hair up (with some oils on the ends).
I wear braid outs every day and since I have to rebraid every day I might as well cowash every day...

THEN:
-Wash every week and a half to 2 wks.
-Henna every 2 weeks.

I consider it KISSin because for my hair issues, i.e., Dry hair and breakage, it solves the problem.
Also it's not a long drawn out process. And in the long run I'm actually doing less because I don't have to work so hard on the wash days to replenish my hair and undo the damage of that week.
Also, cowashing removes the need to DC.

Last edited:
i co wash everyday (2 times a day)
apply leave in/stylers
at night after shower, apply oils and moisturize
DC 2-3 times a month (when i can remember!:lachen:)
protein treatment once a month, shampoo once a month.

Wash and DC 1x week (2x if I have more time now)
Moisturize and seal at night and wrap in satin scarf
Wear updos everyday and comb 1-2x a week

That does it for me...

I wash/co-wash/detangle daily. Apply a leave-in, sleep in a shower cap, and Cap n Go (See fotkit journal) 24/7. Shine treatment for 20 min weekly.

That's it.

No DCing for now b/c conditioner is my leave-in and no protein treatments as it's in my shine treatment I use weekly.

Actually, I've found that the more frequent I incorporate my hair maintenance, the less I have to do overall. So, I've just included hair washing into my nightly bathing ritual and the products I use are sufficient to last a day or two.

I find that if I stretch hair washing and other things out too far, I'll have to do even more in between to keep it up and use additional products.

Back