So how do you even out hair color?

NubianCurls

Hello Ladies,

I have a slight problem with my hair and hope if you can help me with any advice or suggestions, thanks..

Okay so my hair has been colored brownish on Nov, 2008. Now I have two shades in my hair (Off black and brown) and I want to even it out with one solid color. I also want to spice my look for summer so maybe color it with any color beside black.

My concern is am going natural and henna doesn't work with my hair as it strips off my curls so what do you ladies suggest I use? Which product? I need something that has less chemical in it & semi permanent ...

I dont know about henna, so I cant speak for that, but in any other case, unfortunately, the only way to even out your color to a brown (anything other than black) you WILL have to use chemicals to lighten it. Semi-permanent colors CAN NOT lighten hair, neither can demi-permanent. Permanent is the only way to go.

I understand wanting to spice it up for summer, so if you want to lighten it to a brown, go to a professional. If you dont wanna mess with chemicals or permanent hair color, you can use a black semi-permanent rinse on your hair; it'll even out the hair color cuz there'll be no more brown. I know you didnt want black but...its either get brown with chemicals or black with no chemicals.

HTH!

I dont know about henna, so I cant speak for that, but in any other case, unfortunately, the only way to even out your color to a brown (anything other than black) you WILL have to use chemicals to lighten it. Semi-permanent colors CAN NOT lighten hair, neither can demi-permanent. Permanent is the only way to go.

I understand wanting to spice it up for summer, so if you want to lighten it to a brown, go to a professional. If you dont wanna mess with chemicals or permanent hair color, you can use a black semi-permanent rinse on your hair; it'll even out the hair color cuz there'll be no more brown. I know you didnt want black but...its either get brown with chemicals or black with no chemicals.

HTH!

Thanks a lot, that really did help.. I never heard of semi-permanent hair
rinse. I'm gonna go n research it now :D Thank you again :D

Back