So glad I'm not on the PJ challenge....

UmSumayyah

So glad I\'m not on the PJ challenge....

...even though I need to be for real! I went to the Beauty Center and picked up Joico's K-Pak Reconstruct (Deep Penetrating Reconstructor.) at 25% off. And since that bad boy is regularly 15.99 for a 5.2 oz tube, I saved alot.
I'm running low on heavy-duty protein. I only have a little Aphogee left (not sure how well it works and the helmet-hard hair was getting old, not to mention how it runs and stings your eyes like the Dickens), a little Emergencee (no running or stinging, but the ingredients don't include Human Hair Keratin, which our protein expert Supergirl recommends).
Anyway, here is the back of the tube:
Joico's original intensive protein reconstructor for dry and damaged hair. Rebuilds and improves the structure of your hair. Contains Triamine Complex, an exclusive blend of amino acids that make up hair structure. A range of molecular weights and sizes penetrate and reconstruct damaged areas. pH 4.5 to 5.5

And the ingredients:
Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth 2, Mineral Oil, PEG-8 Distearate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Triamine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxpropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Cationic Triamine Complex), Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
anyone else tried this?

If only I'd remembered to get my Surge while I was there... even though they do charge 8.00 a bottle.

MissB

Re: So glad I\'m not on the PJ challenge....

I went there before the challenge and stocked up on the staples at 25% off.

Lindy

Umsum,
Does the Aphogee contain the Human Hair Keratin??

I haven't used my Aphogee in about a year (I've been using Emergencee as my heavy-duty protein) but I may just have to pull out the stinky stuff again in the near future!!

UmSumayyah

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Umsum,

[/ QUOTE ]
It has hydrolyzed animal protein. Another reason I won't buy it anymore. There's certain animal proteins I'd rather not put on my hair.

UmSumayyah

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
See....why are you teasing us

[/ QUOTE ]

Sowwwy. I did say I need to be on the challenge, though. And its true. After I get me some Surge (or I may not since I only use it starting halfway into a relaxer cycle and I plant to touch up again in a few weeks) I'm putting myself on a challenge.
Oh, wait. I might have to pick up some colorshines.
But I can go at least a month without buying any new stuff.
I admire all the challengers and encourage you onward and upward!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Umsum,

[/ QUOTE ]
It has hydrolyzed animal protein. Another reason I won't buy it anymore. There's certain animal proteins I'd rather not put on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, yah, that does sound kinda yucky!!
(I guess that sure explains that nasty smell it has...
...On second thought, maybe I'll leave it in the back of the cabinet right where it is...

LABETT

I can never stay on a PJ challenge I am out of control and products just seems to be on sale or reduced every where I go.