Smoothing technique

sithembile

I recently had a relaer with Affirm lye. My hair is under processed and I think it was due to the stylists technique. She smoothed my hair using the brush she used to apply the relaxer. I am used to stylists using a fine tooth comb for smoothing. How do you smooth your growth?

I use the back of the comb and sometimes the relaxer brush, it works fine for me either way.

I or my stylist use the back of a fine tooth comb. Sometimes she might use her fingers right before she rinses the relaxer out.

When I was getting my hair relaxed, the stylist always smoothed with her fingers or either the back of a comb. One of my last stylists, didn't smooth at all. She'd put the relaxer on and let it work by itself.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
No smoothing at all here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that how you avoid the "bone-straight" state? By not smoothing?

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that how you avoid the "bone-straight" state? By not smoothing?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that's part of the way to avoid bone-straight relaxed hair. Also, the relaxer doesn't stay on my new growth very long. According to most people, my hair is actually texturized.

My hairdresser smoothes with her fingers. She doesn't leave the relaxer on the full time, so I have a slight wave pattern to my hair...not bone straight.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO
smile.gif

Back