Slow growers unite 2014

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I track my hair growth by my roots. I dyed my hair the end of November so this is a little over 4 months of growth. It looks like about an inch to me. At that rate I will only grow 3 inches this year

Attachments

• 20140403_171140.jpg
    20140403_171140.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 101

faithVA

My desires are small. I want enough inches to flat twist my hair into an iPod without having to use 50 Bobby pins to hold it. A growth spurt would do that for me.

HanaKuroi

faithVA said:
My desires are small. I want enough inches to flat twist my hair into an iPod without having to use 50 Bobby pins to hold it. A growth spurt would do that for me.

Are you typing on your tablet?

I want to know how to twist hair into an iPod. It would be so convenient.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

faithVA

Are you typing on your tablet?

I want to know how to twist hair into an iPod. It would be so convenient.

:lol: Yes, I hate that dang thing. Too lazy to go downstairs and type on the desktop. I miss my laptop :cry:

It was supposed to say updo :look: :lol:

faithVA

I'm going to stop fooling with my hair so much. Going to try to stick with flat twists for the next 3 months and DC my hair 2x a week. I will probably color my grays but just do the front and the edges around the back. They are bugging me but not that much.

HanaKuroi, what do you think of my using Kalpi Tone to try to cover my grays? You know more about my hair than anyone.

Kalpi-Tone-100G

HanaKuroi

faithVA said:
I'm going to stop fooling with my hair so much. Going to try to stick with flat twists for the next 3 months and DC my hair 2x a week. I will probably color my grays but just do the front and the edges around the back. They are bugging me but not that much.

HanaKuroi, what do you think of my using Kalpi Tone to try to cover my grays? You know more about my hair than anyone.

Kalpi-Tone-100G

I am sort of awake, sort of asleep, but I will do some research. I have never used it.

My first question is how often would you need to apply it? And which of those ayurdevics are drying?

I'll be back. I'll start on it when I get up. :) We are sleeping in, finally.

NaturallyATLPCH

I track my hair growth by my roots. I dyed my hair the end of November so this is a little over 4 months of growth. It looks like about an inch to me. At that rate I will only grow 3 inches this year

Prettymetty that sums it up for me too. About 1/4 in a month which averages to about 3 inches a year. I don't fit into the 1/2 per month growth bull :lol:.

HanaKuroi

faithVA said:

Kalpi-Tone-100G

Do you know which ingredient darkens grays? I am thinking you could add to your teas. Some of those ingredients might be drying. I am still reading. It seems like it might be the mandoor (iron rust) that darkens grays.

faithVA

Do you know which ingredient darkens grays? I am thinking you could add to your teas. Some of those ingredients might be drying. I am still reading. It seems like it might be the mandoor (iron rust) that darkens grays.

I believe it is supposed to be the Amla and probably the mandoor. I don't think Amla is recommended using without something like Shikakai and the others to balance it out.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
So my hair grew about one inch after three months of Priteva. :look: At this rate, I'll be lucky to retain four inches, putting me at MBL this year. Honestly, I will be happy about that...but I wanted more. I'm greedy.

Anyway, I bought Manetabolism vitamins. Hopefully they give me a boost. I at least want .5" in a month. An inch would be a miracle. :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I hate the smell of my jbco so I diluted it with 1 part castor oil. It still smells like earth and herb, but not so much. I guess I can oil my scalp and do a light massage tonight. Sigh...the things we do for growth:spinning:

faithVA

So my hair grew about one inch after three months of Priteva. :look: At this rate, I'll be lucky to retain four inches, putting me at MBL this year. Honestly, I will be happy about that...but I wanted more. I'm greedy.

Anyway, I bought Manetabolism vitamins. Hopefully they give me a boost. I at least want .5" in a month. An inch would be a miracle. :lol:

Please let us know how they work out.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I cowashed and detangled my hair today. It had been 5 weeks since I shampood my hair and I only shed about 30 strands. Hairfinity gets credit for that. Here is an update pic. It looks like I got a growth spurt! Top pic April 3, bottom pic April 23. I measure by the dark roots

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1398301983429.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1398301983429.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 82

faithVA

I cowashed and detangled my hair today. It had been 5 weeks since I shampood my hair and I only shed about 30 strands. Hairfinity gets credit for that. Here is an update pic. It looks like I got a growth spurt! Top pic April 3, bottom pic April 23. I measure by the dark roots

Very nice. Great visual.

charmtreese

Trying to do everything right and I appeared to squeak out about the average .5 inch a month. I will keep tracking every two months to see if I can keep this up.

Attachments

• image-4184473917.jpg
    image-4184473917.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 49

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Me too faithVA I only remember it when I'm feeling sorry for myself. :look: We need to keep each other motivated ladies!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll retain two more inches by the end of the year. I'm not really going for WL this year at this point. I'll still update in the thread. This year will be about MBL, which was my original goal when I started my HHJ. I might just quit doing LCs after I make MBL. I won't monitor growth. I'll just make sure my hair is healthy. Kinda over it. lol

Jace032000

Me too faithVA I only remember it when I'm feeling sorry for myself. :look: We need to keep each other motivated ladies!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll retain two more inches by the end of the year. I'm not really going for WL this year at this point. I'll still update in the thread. This year will be about MBL, which was my original goal when I started my HHJ. I might just quit doing LCs after I make MBL. I won't monitor growth. I'll just make sure my hair is healthy. Kinda over it. lol

I feel you---I'm hoping/crossing my fingers for MBL by the end of this year. I've been taking Hair infinity and that has been a saving grace for me. If I can just make it to MBL…AND have healthy hair that's all I want. Heck that's all I've ever wanted!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
As a slow grower my focus is on retention. If this was a race slow and steady would win. I feel like a slow grower appreciates every inch and takes time to make sure that every strand is loved and protected. So far I have retained all of my growth since my last trim Sept '13 and Im not planning on trimming until my stylist makes the recommendation.

How is everyone doing?

NaturallyATLPCH

I took my twists out after about 4 weeks and had a half inch of growth...what WHAT??? :lol:

I pulled out some 5,000 mg Biotin I had in my cabinet to try out. It's working pretty well.

As soon as I finish this bottle I will up it to 10,000 mg just to see how it works.

It does have my nails and skin looking great.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
NaturallyATLPCH .5" in four weeks is amazing! I hope this keeps up for you. I've been taking Manetabolism for almost a month now. I will do a LC this weekend to see how it's doing.

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH .5" in four weeks is amazing! I hope this keeps up for you. I've been taking Manetabolism for almost a month now. I will do a LC this weekend to see how it's doing.

Thank you FroReal! I think keeping my hair COMPLETE protected in these marley twists is really helping me to retain some length.

Please update us on the Manetabolism. I figured before I venture out to try that or Hairfinity I would use what I had first.

ronie

Honestly getting discouraged. I am getting twist extension for the next 6 weeks to see if my retention can overcome this slow growing status. Based on the results, I will keep getting back to back extension to see if I can make APL by year end. No more playing in my hair if I want to see progress.

faithVA

I've subscribed to this thread so that should at least put it on my radar more often.

I'm going to keep my length checks to once a quarter and not really focus on what my growth rate is at all. I've had my hair in the same flat twist hair style since the end of March and that is helping me feel like I am making some progress. Every few weeks I can see a difference in the length of my twists because of how I can pin them up. That is allowing me to see progress without measuring the progress.

I will keep flat twist in until the end of June. Then I will do a curlformer set for a length check pic for my challenges. Then I will probably put it right back up. I am hoping in August it is long enough to wear in a flat twist, curl combo style for an event.

I'm just sort of coasting right now and trying to enjoy it.

charmtreese

I was on You Tube all weekend! I know not to compare my growth to others, but it's soo hard when you see people who have been able to surpass your hair growth in a shorter amount of time!!!:ohwell::nono::perplexed:sad: Okay, just had to get that out.

ronie

I was on You Tube all weekend! I know not to compare my growth to others, but it's soo hard when you see people who have been able to surpass your hair growth in a shorter amount of time!!!:ohwell::nono::perplexed:sad: Okay, just had to get that out.

charmtreese I have stopped doing this. It was driving me crazy. Most people 27 months post relaxer are at least APL or longer. I'm still doubtful I will make APL by year end. Good news: my nape and edges are the longest they have ever been my whole life. All I want is 12 inches of hair all over. BSL is my final goal.

faithVA

I think it is hard not to compare especially if you are in any challenges. To be in the SL challenge and have people shave their head and then be at SL on their way to APL when I'm still trying to get past EL is ... I don't have words for it.

ronie

I think it is hard not to compare especially if you are in any challenges. To be in the SL challenge and have people shave their head and then be at SL on their way to APL when I'm still trying to get past EL is ... I don't have words for it.
Loll. I saw mzmomo's update last week, and her flat iron hair was comfortably resting at BSL without pulling. I was like: didn't she just shave her head? Lol. Her hair looked beautiful with nice even ends too.

faithVA

Loll. I saw mzmomo's update last week, and her flat iron hair was comfortably resting at BSL without pulling. I was like: didn't she just shave her head? Lol. Her hair looked beautiful with nice even ends too.

I wasn't going to name names :lol: Yep, she will pretty much go from twa to MBL in a year.