Slow growers unite 2014

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
DarkJoy what brand do you have?

I started back on sulfur oil. I want another three inches by year's end.

Collagen is NeoCell Super Collagen C
H2-290-411-X500.jpg

Just finished 2nd bottle of new chapter multi. It grew my hair faster and my skin got soooooo soft and i had more energy but I think something didnt agree with my cycle. Heavy cramps.
ew-c01-01-hbtbx-fl.png

Started this rainbow light brand yesterday with the collagen.

RLT-10883-3.jpeg

All from Whole Foods on the ground.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Started collagen today in addition to my women's daily multi. Taking it for skin but hoping to get a little hair strengthening and growth benefit from it.

I bought some liquid colllagen from Ross a few weeks ago. I drink an ounce each night. I can't tell if my hair has grown faster, but my skin looks amazing and my nails are getting stronger.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Still drinking my liquid collagen. I am almost out so I will be making a trip to Ross soon. How is everyone doing?

EnExitStageLeft

@GettingKinky

I dunno, but it still feels pretty long. I may be BSB. If so I plan on trimming again this weekend when I flat iron to APL w/ bangs.

@Prettymetty

I gotcha' hun :grin:

@xu93texas

I'm trying to. If I can make it to December 26th, I'll be golden :)

@faithVA

I'm just not here for long hair anymore. Its pretty, but right now I want something shorter (plus I'm getting restless with transitioning).

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I feel you Froreal3. I'm too ashamed of my backfat to post a lc anytime soon :blush: :lachen:In fact, I think I am going on a personal no lc until I lose 15lbs challenge :yep:

missyrayne19

Pretty sure I'm getting a summer growth spurt :grin: Super excited about that but won't know for sure til I do a LC next TU in 6 or so weeks. Fingers crossed!!

SpiritJunkie

Happy Sunday!!! I was here back in '06 took a hiatus & now I'm back.

Hair type
4b/4a

Did you ever have long hair as a child?
no

How long have you been on your hair journey ?
Off & on since 2006

Was your hair damaged when you started your journey ?
Yes, very damaged.

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ?
It took a year and 1/2.

What are the hair issues responsible for impeding your growth ?
Over processing, big braids (done to tight), tight weaves. I got a weave from a new stylist and it was done so tight, I experienced hair loss on one side but growth every where else. same with the tight braids.

If you managed to turn your hair round, how did you manage it?
Protective styling and doing it all myself.

p.s. I need to change my signature. I'm all natural now...

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
How's it going ladies? My hair has definitely grown in the front...not so much in the back. IDK why. *shrug* My hair is healthy though. I dusted earlier this year about 1/4" off. Think I will do another 1/4" after my December flat iron/final lc for the year.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have about 4 inches that need to go. If I chop it all at once I will be grazing apl. That's a year of growth for me :( My second option is to do 4 mini trims (1 inch) every few months so that I at least maintain my current length. Im aplish/bsb right now. Once the setback is fixed and grown out I will be a happy camper :yep:

charmtreese

My hair is growing ok. I gained back the 1-2 inches that was trimmed off at the end of May. No more heavy trimming for me for awhile.

NaturallyATLPCH

Welp, I measured my hair. 9 inches. I'm in my usual 3 inches a year track lol. My three year anniversary was this past April. However, I did have to get 1 1/2 inches cut off so at least I got that back. But it's healthy which is all that counts. I'm actually enjoying it at this length.

ronie

My nape finally made APL. My hair measures 9 inches most places. The crown however is 11 inches, Andy edges are only 6 inches. The front is 10. My crown grows so fast. I actually trim it more often, because that section has a looser curl, and the strands are much finer. It still ends up being longer. I am really enjoying the length right now.
I gave twist extensions a shot , but my edges were not having it. After less than 3 weeks I noticed my right widow pick balding out. The braider did not twist tight at alllll, at all. But the friction from the twist on my edges just broke the hair off. Thank god I caught it on time. So extensions are out. I will just have to up the protein and continue to wear my hair out. I am thinking about maybe going some cornrows in the front next time with the extensions. That way my edges will be out and free from friction.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My front bang area is around 14". Right side is 13, left side is 12 (as usual an inch shorter). Meanwhile the back is still hovering at 11 to 12". WTF? So I'm still BSB/BSL. I hit that milestone back in December! Switch the front with the back and I'd be MBL right now! haha Whatever man.

ronie, you should just wear pinned up styles just to keep the back off your shirt/collar. Then let it down on weekends. I might try a weave during the holidays. I want more growth/retention.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm not sure if my hair has grown much. I will have to do a lc in December bc I'm not applying heat so that should help some. Also I have been keeping away from the scissors! I just really hate the slow growth. I do use my NJoy oil, take hairfinity when I remember and invert which all three help me tremendously.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Froreal3 my ends were already overprocessed from dyeing it last December. Dh put dye on the whole strand instead of the roots only...so my hair wasn't strong enough to withstand all that yanking during my rollerset. It breaks my heart that a year worth of growth has to be trimmed off.

Here is a pic of the damage in the front. I have short pieces all over ; (

Attachments

• 20140818_204911.jpg
    20140818_204911.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 78

faithVA

[USER said:
Froreal3;20485449[/USER]]faithVA how's your hair?

Prettymetty Was the setback from the recent salon visit?

I really don't know. I feel like I'm treading water. I will do a roller set at the end of September just to have a progress pick. I will determine after that what I will do with it. More than likely I will just keep it in twist or flat twist just to keep myself from obsessing over it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3 my ends were already overprocessed from dyeing it last December. Dh put dye on the whole strand instead of the roots only...so my hair wasn't strong enough to withstand all that yanking during my rollerset. It breaks my heart that a year worth of growth has to be trimmed off.

Sorry about the setback. :( Don't worry Prettymetty, you will get back.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Sorry to hear about your setback. Start a fresh since you have trimmed off the damage and make sure you are babying your hair. Have you done protein treatments followed by moisture? Can you do a protective style to hide your hair for a while.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Sorry to hear about your setback. Start a fresh since you have trimmed off the damage and make sure you are babying your hair. Have you done protein treatments followed by moisture? Can you do a protective style to hide your hair for a while.

I am wearing wigs for the next month or so. I have a heavy protein (Nexxus Emergencee), but I haven't done a treatment yet. Im thinking I will do my Emergencee once a month until my hair feels normal again

faithVA

I've been in flat twist extensions for 2 weeks. I washed last night. Not a lot of growth but some. I can tell when I try to wear my flat twists in an updo.

I need to keep my nape tucked away because it ends up being SSK city. I have had to clip a lot of it off so it is really short.

I think using extensions for two weeks at a time is a good strategy to get me through the rest of the year. It is enough to give me a break but not so long that I miss my hair. It also allows me to see even incremental growth.

I will put in extension at the end of next week and wear them for two weeks and then back to my hair.

I wish I could find a really, really, really short natural wig.

CharlieEcho

I saw a YT video a while ago where the vlogger was suffering from crown breakage. She cut the crown down to 2-3 inches and then babied that area.

I went partway - cut the crown but I've been lazy and haven't been babying the area. But it does seem healthier and I'm experiencing less breakage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF