SL 2015

faithVA

GOOD:yep: :blush: :yep:

Your hair looks great up-tread... unfortunately, I can't corn roll or do the scalp twists at all so I am limited to individual twists when my hair gets long enough!

Thank you.

I've been practicing for a long time. If you look at pics from 2 years ago they looked pretty rough. But since I twist twice a week it's starting to be second nature. If you practice every now and then you will get better.

I could be better but I can get too impatient and just ready to be done. :lol:

faithVA

I was able to get 2nd day hair out of my curls. Since my ends are better, my curls stay intact. I'm also doing better keeping my hands out of my head :yep: I'm going to go for day 3. And I will wash on Sunday and put it up.

Queensheba88

2015 is going to be a great year. I can feel it.

Let's stay committed, stick to our regimens, love our hair and support each other to SL. :yep:

Post the following to join in
[COLOR="Blue"

What length are you now? Ear-shoulder length in back

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What's your plan to reach SL? I plan to wig it with maybe a few braid styles in between. Stick to my regimine with scalp messages and ghe

What's your regimen?
Moisturise as needed. Shampoo and dc weekly. 3X week scalp message w.heat and greenhouseffect overnight

Anything else you want to share? Im hoping to grow out my layers and bangs from cutting my hair in a bob and have full even shoulder length hair.

Will post a starting pic when i relax n trim next week

Misseyl

I'm in. I'll answer all the questions when I have a picture to upload.

What length are you now? Touching my neck when stretched

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What's your plan to reach SL? Consistency

What's your regimen? Deep condition under steamer, pre-poo with oil, and using the LOC Method every week. Moisturize and seal and apply ORS Temple balm mixed with Rosemary Oil to edges every day.

Anything else you want to share?

Post your starting pic:

I wonder why my Ticker is not moving

Attachments

• 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 9
  • 20141206_125751.jpg
    20141206_125751.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20141213_165332.jpg
    20141213_165332.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

KaramelKutie803

Anyone ever tried Alikay Naturals products? They're on sale at Target and I'm thinking about purchasing some today. Been interested in trying them for a while

faithVA

Washed tonight and back to flat twist. My back section is just starting to reach my nape. I think its 4inches from my nape to the bottom of neck. I will have to really baby my hair to reach SL next year.

Wenbev

I dont think I'm going to wait until all my hair reaches SL or CBL to claim it. I've got a long neck and lots of layers :look:

faithVA

[USER=322033 said:
Wenbev[/USER];20873819]I dont think I'm going to wait until all my hair reaches SL or CBL to claim it. I've got a long neck and lots of layers :look:

Nothing wrong with that. Claim it when it makes sense to you.

I will be claiming it when the hair about and inch below my crown reaches SL. I need most of the back to be SL before it makes sense for me to claim it.

faithVA

The only way I can tell my hair is growing is by flat twisting my hair in a style I've done before. Otherwise my hair looks exactly the same to me.

Tonight I flat twisted everything towards my crown. It was easier than before. I also could tuck and pin my twist without a rubber band and without a struggle stretch.

I still have some really short areas in the back but feeling optimistic about the spring. I should have some additional length to do one or two additional styles. :yay:

Love2Live

A few things:

1. I am still struggling to find a moisturizer that my hair doesn't laugh at during winter months. This cold always gives me a run for my money. The search continues...

2. I pre-pooed for the first time when I washed my hair on Tuesday. I used sweet almond oil and only left it on for about 45 min. I liked the results and I will do it all winter except I think I will sit under the dryer for the added heat.

3. I am 5 weeks post and I plan to stretch to 10 weeks. Usually when I stretch I have to braid my hair from weeks 7-10 to prevent breakage. Do you ladies have any go to hairstyles for stretching. I'm trying to stay away from braids because I already have a baby face and they make me look even younger. Lol

Happy Friday!!!

faithVA

A few things:

1. I am still struggling to find a moisturizer that my hair doesn't laugh at during winter months. This cold always gives me a run for my money. The search continues...

2. I pre-pooed for the first time when I washed my hair on Tuesday. I used sweet almond oil and only left it on for about 45 min. I liked the results and I will do it all winter except I think I will sit under the dryer for the added heat.

3. I am 5 weeks post and I plan to stretch to 10 weeks. Usually when I stretch I have to braid my hair from weeks 7-10 to prevent breakage. Do you ladies have any go to hairstyles for stretching. I'm trying to stay away from braids because I already have a baby face and they make me look even younger. Lol

Happy Friday!!!

Not sure how you wear your hair, but I recently starting using MyHoneyChilds type 4 hair creme. Her brand may be worth looking into. You can get it from her site or curlmart. My hair has been doing well with it.

Lots of ladies bun or you could try rollersets/perm rods, etc. to get you through or a combination.

faithVA

My hair is making progress :yay: I can tell I gained some additional length so styling is easier. It is also less frizzy. I keep saying I'm going to rotate through styles but I never do. Here is the weekend style.

FlatTwistDecP1.jpg

FlatTwistDecP2.jpg

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Excuse the pizza face and my phone is going through some changes lol but here's a mini-length check. The pictures are of the front, left side, and back. I'll include more pictures after I've straightened. I have tons of new growth :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_20141212_123438.jpg
    IMG_20141212_123438.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20141212_123415.jpg
    IMG_20141212_123415.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20141212_123303.jpg
    IMG_20141212_123303.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 35

Love2Live

Not sure how you wear your hair, but I recently starting using MyHoneyChilds type 4 hair creme. Her brand may be worth looking into. You can get it from her site or curlmart. My hair has been doing well with it. Lots of ladies bun or you could try rollersets/perm rods, etc. to get you through or a combination.

I am going to order that creme. I am willing I try anything at this point. I am going away to visit family for a week so hopefully it arrives by the time I return.

Rollersets are typically my go to but since I need to save some money I need to cut back on my trips to the salon. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to learn to do it myself. Buns are a good option for me. I also have some flexi rods collecting dust in my closet so I can give those a try too.

Today my hair was not cooperating so I just combed it back and put a headband on. The crown is the longest. It almost reaches Boulder length but the back and sides have A LOT of catching up to do. I did a rough measure last night and the back is about 3.5 to 4 inches.

Attachments

• image-2407034580.jpg
    image-2407034580.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 47

faithVA

I am going to order that creme. I am willing I try anything at this point. I am going away to visit family for a week so hopefully it arrives by the time I return.

Rollersets are typically my go to but since I need to save some money I need to cut back on my trips to the salon. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to learn to do it myself. Buns are a good option for me. I also have some flexi rods collecting dust in my closet so I can give those a try too.

Today my hair was not cooperating so I just combed it back and put a headband on. The crown is the longest. It almost reaches Boulder length but the back and sides have A LOT of catching up to do. I did a rough measure last night and the back is about 3.5 to 4 inches.

Realize I am natural 4b, so take that into consideration when ordering product. Its a very heavy, butter like moisturizer so you will want to use it up for upstyles. But while you are browsing read about some of the other myhoneychild products. One of them may suit you better.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Sadness. I saw growth but when I straightened my ends are ratchet. I don't even want to post a pic now. I probably suck at flat-ironing, and I just trimmed them last month.

KaramelKutie803

Nothing much to report this week. Did a twist out that I kept refreshing all week. Last 2 days I didn't retwist at night just re did the puff and refreshed with my Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In or Shea Moisture kids detangler. My fro is getting bigger by the months

Attachments

• image-4143433857.jpg
    image-4143433857.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 35

JazzyOleBabe

Hey Faith
I am in this challenged even though I think I have made SL, I am not happy with this length. I will probably claim SL when it hangs lower on my back.

faithVA

[USER=369201 said:
whosthatcurl[/USER];20883155]Sadness. I saw growth but when I straightened my ends are ratchet. I don't even want to post a pic now. I probably suck at flat-ironing, and I just trimmed them last month.

Maybe your ends are ok and they just look funny due to flat ironing. Just keep babying them.

faithVA

[USER=317281 said:
JazzyOleBabe[/USER];20891535]Hey Faith
I am in this challenged even though I think I have made SL, I am not happy with this length. I will probably claim SL when it hangs lower on my back.

Well post your stats if you haven't and come on in. You just as well join the APL 2015 while you are at it. :yep: