SL 2015

faithVA

Oh and I am proud of my hair this week. It has been doing pretty well as far as moisture. When I washed last Friday I used joico moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner balm and dc'd Eden Body works. It was my first time using all three products and my hair responded very well to them all. I think I might be on to something. Yay!

:yay: Glad you are having a good hair week. Hopefully these products are great for your regimen. I hope your trim turns out exactly like you want it with nice fresh ends.

BonBon

My hair is Cray cray like brillo lol. I think it may need a protein treatment to recieve moisture again.

I also ran out of the ors deep conditioner and used humecto last time. Humecto does nothing for me at all lol. Might bin it but seems like a waste

faithVA

[USER=26733 said:
Sumra[/USER];21119563]My hair is Cray cray like brillo lol. I think it may need a protein treatment to recieve moisture again.

I also ran out of the ors deep conditioner and used humecto last time. Humecto does nothing for me at all lol. Might bin it but seems like a waste

Maybe add some honey and oil to it to see if you can salvage it.

BonBon

Okies. I've never tried honey before.

Oh and another thing. I bought the JBCO lavender version. Smells so lovely. I have about half an inch on the broken down spots. Edges still not budging but I'm hoping thats a friction issue rather than hormonal:ohwell:

I would really love to find a really good satin/silk beanie that fits nicely under my wig, but its difficult over here.

I'm even considering designing my own and getting it made to measure.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My hair is Cray cray like brillo lol. I think it may need a protein treatment to recieve moisture again.

Might need to clarify and or chelate too.

lovely_locks

Why won't your hair curl at the ends? Maybe your hair and scalp need some extra pampering this weekend. Maybe a nice hot oil treatment will help you get through this winter.

It does this every time I get to a certain length. It's very weird. This harsh winter isn't helping either. I just shampooed and conditioned my hair. Trying to figure out what moisturizer I want to use.

faithVA

Washed my hair last night but wasn't happy with the results. Washing again today and giving myself a protein treatment. Will cowash and sit with mud an hour. Will twist it up. In either going to color my hair on Monday or Friday. Haven't decided which.

faithVA

My hair is definitely retaining. :yay: I did 9 flat twist to my crown and can put them in a small ponytail and tuck them under. So my back is getting better.

Love2Live

Update: I didn't get a trim like I intended yesterday. She said it would be better to do it when I come back the first week in March. My ends weren't as bad as I thought. I got it braided up to stay out of the way for the next 2.5 weeks. I plan to get a press and curl when I come back and I will have fresh ends for that. Transitioning is looking like the plan. I'm really excited to see how this goes. It will be a long transition. I don't plan on doing a bc because my head is too big for that. lol It would make me self conscious.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So im thinking my new regimen might be it....for now. Never know with finicky fine hair and sensitive scalp :rolleyes:

It seems moisture dc keeps my hair breaking even if I do a protein right before. Lately its been the SSI okra recon only on wash day. Then I use a moisturizing leave in (kckt) daily or every other day for styling. My hair seems good with this as opposed to a moisture rich weekly DC. Hopefully this will help me retain to full SL and on to APL.

Oan, my edges have fully returned after my last snafu of too tight corn rows for crochet braids. Woohoo!

lovely_locks

My hair is definitely retaining. :yay: I did 9 flat twist to my crown and can put them in a small ponytail and tuck them under. So my back is getting better.

YAY!!!! Exciting! Congrats! Whatever you are doing is working! Your other post said you are going to dye your hair? What color?

faithVA

Update: I didn't get a trim like I intended yesterday. She said it would be better to do it when I come back the first week in March. My ends weren't as bad as I thought. I got it braided up to stay out of the way for the next 2.5 weeks. I plan to get a press and curl when I come back and I will have fresh ends for that. Transitioning is looking like the plan. I'm really excited to see how this goes. It will be a long transition. I don't plan on doing a bc because my head is too big for that. lol It would make me self conscious.

Fabulous. Good ends are a blessing. Transition as long as you can. You will know the right time to big chop.

faithVA

So im thinking my new regimen might be it....for now. Never know with finicky fine hair and sensitive scalp :rolleyes:

It seems moisture dc keeps my hair breaking even if I do a protein right before. Lately its been the SSI okra recon only on wash day. Then I use a moisturizing leave in (kckt) daily or every other day for styling. My hair seems good with this as opposed to a moisture rich weekly DC. Hopefully this will help me retain to full SL and on to APL.

Oan, my edges have fully returned after my last snafu of too tight corn rows for crochet braids. Woohoo!

That makes sense. Maybe you only need to DC once a month or so.

faithVA

YAY!!!! Exciting! Congrats! Whatever you are doing is working! Your other post said you are going to dye your hair? What color?

Thank you. Nothing dramatic. I'm just coloring grays so I'm coloring it a dark brown. I'm just doing a semi permanent to get me through an event.

faithVA

I bought the wrong color. I thought I bought semi but it was permanent. I only like to do permanent every 3 months. I had a package of Diety Color Shampoo in the cabinet and I mixed it with conditioner and let it sit for 30 minutes. I got really good results. I was very happy.

The first few times I used it I didn't get coverage and the shampoo was drying to my hair. If this color pasts for two weeks I will buy some more and be able to leave the permanent color alone. : yay: My fingers are crossed.

faithVA

I'm on hiatus with MHM for a while. I just need a break from doing my hair so often. After i colored decided to put in two strand twists to see how that works. I DCD with NG marshmallow and slippery elm. I used NG leave in, MHC type type 4 hair creme and Beautiful Curls gel. I'm hoping this locks in the moisture. I will know by Wednesday.

My twist are coming along they are still short but wearable.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I bought the wrong color. I thought I bought semi but it was permanent. I only like to do permanent every 3 months. I had a package of Diety Color Shampoo in the cabinet and I mixed it with conditioner and let it sit for 30 minutes. I got really good results. I was very happy. The first few times I used it I didn't get coverage and the shampoo was drying to my hair. If this color pasts for two weeks I will buy some more and be able to leave the permanent color alone. : yay: My fingers are crossed.
I won't go back to color until I make my first goal and get my scalp under control. That might be a year from now. I plan to go to the Aveda institute for color. I will go the dark brown route. I love jet black thought.

Evolving78

I used some Knot Today early this morning and I don't like it anymore. Don't know what I'm going to do with this bottle.

faithVA

[USER=2496]shortdub78[/USER];21135883 said:
I used some Knot Today early this morning and I don't like it anymore. Don't know what I'm going to do with this bottle.

What didn't you like?

I will keep you updated on the color change shampoo. Hopefully it turns out to be a winner for me.

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER said:
shortdub78;21135883[/USER]]I used some Knot Today early this morning and I don't like it anymore. Don't know what I'm going to do with this bottle.

What else do you have in your stash that you don't want? You may have enough for a box :yep:

faithVA

My twists feel OK. They are somewhere in between moisturized and dried out. They may make it until Friday but I'm not sure. Tonight I'm going to try to remoisturize them. I've never had success in doing this before but I will try it again.

I'm going to start with putting on a plastic cap and then my heat therapy wrap for 15 minutes. I think I will try a few experiments. I will try warm water and oil on one side. I will do leave-in an oil on a second section. I will do warm water, leave-in and oil on the third. I will try to stay light on all layers. And I will squeeze all layers into the sections.

Hopefully my hair won't frizz but if it does it only has to last two more days. I'm going to wear a twist out Friday to get ready for my wash later that evening.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I was successful in doing a ponytail today. It's still a little too short for my taste. But I can tell my hair is definitely growing. So I'm happy about that.

Evolving78

My twists feel OK. They are somewhere in between moisturized and dried out. They may make it until Friday but I'm not sure. Tonight I'm going to try to remoisturize them. I've never had success in doing this before but I will try it again. I'm going to start with putting on a plastic cap and then my heat therapy wrap for 15 minutes. I think I will try a few experiments. I will try warm water and oil on one side. I will do leave-in an oil on a second section. I will do warm water, leave-in and oil on the third. I will try to stay light on all layers. And I will squeeze all layers into the sections. Hopefully my hair won't frizz but if it does it only has to last two more days. I'm going to wear a twist out Friday to get ready for my wash later that evening.
do you use some sort of moisturizing spray? I used to use Oyin Juices and Berries and would spray my locs/twists throughout the day.

faithVA

[USER said:
shortdub78;21137131[/USER]]do you use some sort of moisturizing spray? I used to use Oyin Juices and Berries and would spray my locs/twists throughout the day.

Over the years I've tried several but have not had any success with any of them. I've tried the Juices and Berries and some others that HanaKuroi sent me. They seem fine while wet but when my hair dries, it just feels dry and hard. And they make my twist frizz and tangle at the roots.

So I was going to try pressing water into my hair versus spraying it on to see if that works better. I think Ms-GG said I should apply something and then smooth each twist to keep it from frizzing. I figured I would try it.

If it doesn't work I will have to go back to flat twist for a while.

Evolving78

Over the years I've tried several but have not had any success with any of them. I've tried the Juices and Berries and some others that HanaKuroi sent me. They seem fine while wet but when my hair dries, it just feels dry and hard. And they make my twist frizz and tangle at the roots. So I was going to try pressing water into my hair versus spraying it on to see if that works better. I think Ms-GG said I should apply something and then smooth each twist to keep it from frizzing. I figured I would try it. If it doesn't work I will have to go back to flat twist for a while.
that might work! Her twists are amazing and juicy! What will you smooth them with?