SL 2014

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Too late to join the challenge? .. I want to join something .. lol.. Reggie: Every Week: Prepoo overnight with coconut oil Shampoo with Kenra clarifying DC for 30 minutes with my homemade DC (includes silk protein) Towel dry, apply kimmaytube leave in, and shea butter mix. Twist and curl with pillow rollers for a defined puff. Here is a starting pic.. Will post final length check at the end of Dec
There is a 2015 SL challenge. You could join that one.

Evolving78

Its a light floral and citrus scent just so you can determine if you would like it or not before going out ;-). shortdub78. I think I'll curb the coconut oil for a while because um using vatika oil to prepoo these days. So for now my swag oil has JBCO, safflower oil and EVOO AND NOW EO blend. I have a new bottle of grapeseed oil I guess its being redundant with the safflower so imma wait until its all out. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I have grapeseed! How do you like that vatika oil? I have been eyeing that for years. I may get it in the summer?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I have grapeseed! How do you like that vatika oil? I have been eyeing that for years. I may get it in the summer?

Yall making me crazy (and broke) with all this oil talk!! :pullhair:

I MISS Vatika oil. I used bottle after bottle after my BC. That stuff is fantastic. My local Indian store stopped carrying it which is the ONLY reason I haven't bought it :cry3:

Its got so much good stuff in it.

*** it. Imma go back to that store and DEMAND they return my hair's beloved! :look:

Babygrowth

I agree with DarkJoy! I just bought a bunch of oils! That EO blend sounds nice. I miss my vatika oil. During my natural days that's the only product that made my hair feel soft. It went bad on me so I was scared to buy it again :cry:. OAN I just bought KCKT and will use it for the first time tmrw. I hope its as awesome as its hyped up to be.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

shortdub78 I love it for my overnight prepoo but not for sealing... I don't like the smell for everyday use. It penetrates my cuticles and leave my hair so soft, most other oils used to prepoo leaves my stiff feeling weird.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Yall making me crazy (and broke) with all this oil talk!! :pullhair:

I MISS Vatika oil. I used bottle after bottle after my BC. That stuff is fantastic. My local Indian store stopped carrying it which is the ONLY reason I haven't bought it :cry3:

Its got so much good stuff in it.

*** it. Imma go back to that store and DEMAND they return my hair's beloved! :look:

DarkJoy I picked up mine from a small Indian convenient store. I have a feeling they don't stock it often because I think I grabbed the only bottle. I'll find it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Finally washed. Thank goodness. Such a nice defined flat twist out today. She even has a little bounce.

Eta I added silk peptides to the reconstructor for a harder protein. She really needed it. Will repeat next week too.

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];20807525]OOooo...it's known to give a growth spurt like that? Well, I guess it's on my t-day shopping list now :grin: thank you!

It's not looking like it :ohwell: . Maybe sunday.

For tonight I had to remoisturize with Kckt and sealed with grapeseed oil then twist it up for the night. oh well....

Here is the article on the safflower oil. Safflower Oil for Hair Growth

faithVA

Washed yesterday. I DCd while cutting the grass and raking leaves. Then I did a used pink clay. I was ready to be done so rinsed that out early. I decided to try an oil rinse which I haven't done in years. The jury is still out on that one. Twisted my hair up with AIA curling cream and sealed with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I think I finally figured how to use oils on my hair. It's only been years :lol: My hair is finally not greasy.

Now the question is does the oil rinse work better or does doing LOCO work better. Maybe next time I do a side by side comparison. Don't know why I didn't think of that yesterday. :ohwell:

faithVA

I applied the safflower oil to my scalp Friday night and baggied overnight. I could definitely use some hair growth. I think I will add some EOs to my safflower oil and use it at least every other night while I baggy.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Washed yesterday. I DCd while cutting the grass and raking leaves. Then I did a used pink clay. I was ready to be done so rinsed that out early. I decided to try an oil rinse which I haven't done in years. The jury is still out on that one. Twisted my hair up with AIA curling cream and sealed with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I think I finally figured how to use oils on my hair. It's only been years :lol: My hair is finally not greasy.

Now the question is does the oil rinse work better or does doing LOCO work better. Maybe next time I do a side by side comparison. Don't know why I didn't think of that yesterday. :ohwell:

That's gr8 faith. I love oils...can't say that I've done an oil rinse though. If I have I don't remember.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Took my microlink sew-in down and cowashed my hair with AIA coconut cowash and HE Hello Hydration. Will get another traditional sewin today maybe

apemay1969

I agree with DarkJoy! I just bought a bunch of oils! That EO blend sounds nice. I miss my vatika oil. During my natural days that's the only product that made my hair feel soft. It went bad on me so I was scared to buy it again :cry:. OAN I just bought KCKT and will use it for the first time tmrw. I hope its as awesome as its hyped up to be.

Ok. I've searched and searched but to no avail. What does KCKT stand for? I can usually figure these things out...

apemay1969

Kinky curly knot today

Hmm...I might try this. I'd actually stopped using leave ins. I was alternating co-wash/wash then using Aussie Moist and rinsing lightly, left till damp, braiding and then crochet braiding for two weeks and repeating. I oil with JBCO and spritz with EVCO/GO during the week. My hair and scalp would still be pretty moisturized after two weeks.
Now since the inside heat kicked in(I guess), my hair and scalp has been very dry. I've upped my water and activated the humidifier but still dry. I'm going to do a mini baking soda/conditioner rinse to chelate because it could be hard water deposits but if that doesn't work....well, let's just hope that works. My regi has finally gotten me some retention and health and I resent the idea of searching for new products and techniques. Ugh.

faithVA

Hmm...I might try this. I'd actually stopped using leave ins. I was alternating co-wash/wash then using Aussie Moist and rinsing lightly, left till damp, braiding and then crochet braiding for two weeks and repeating. I oil with JBCO and spritz with EVCO/GO during the week. My hair and scalp would still be pretty moisturized after two weeks.
Now since the inside heat kicked in(I guess), my hair and scalp has been very dry. I've upped my water and activated the humidifier but still dry. I'm going to do a mini baking soda/conditioner rinse to chelate because it could be hard water deposits but if that doesn't work....well, let's just hope that works. My regi has finally gotten me some retention and health and I resent the idea of searching for new products and techniques. Ugh.

Maybe you just need to seal your hair with a heavy oil before you braid.

Evolving78

I applied the safflower oil to my scalp Friday night and baggied overnight. I could definitely use some hair growth. I think I will add some EOs to my safflower oil and use it at least every other night while I baggy.
take a pic and do a comparison in a month, or when you notice a change! I just noticed when I was detangling my hair that something was different, so I grabbed my camera phone.

faithVA

take a pic and do a comparison in a month, or when you notice a change! I just noticed when I was detangling my hair that something was different, so I grabbed my camera phone.

I have pics from the beginning of the month so will use those. 3 or 4 weeks will be in time for end of year check in.

apemay1969

Maybe you just need to seal your hair with a heavy oil before you braid.

I'm always afraid it'll make things hard under there. I use JBCO straight and it's pretty thick and I have to be careful or friction with this oil pulls my thin hair, ends and my sides clear off my head. Maybe mix with a lighter oil? Is there a good technique for applying heavier oil to fine hair?

faithVA

[USER said:
apemay1969;20813095[/USER]]I'm always afraid it'll make things hard under there. I use JBCO straight and it's pretty thick and I have to be careful or friction with this oil pulls my thin hair, ends and my sides clear off my head. Maybe mix with a lighter oil? Is there a good technique for applying heavier oil to fine hair?

Mix it like you said or use something lighter like olive oil.

Evolving78

Hmm...I might try this. I'd actually stopped using leave ins. I was alternating co-wash/wash then using Aussie Moist and rinsing lightly, left till damp, braiding and then crochet braiding for two weeks and repeating. I oil with JBCO and spritz with EVCO/GO during the week. My hair and scalp would still be pretty moisturized after two weeks. Now since the inside heat kicked in(I guess), my hair and scalp has been very dry. I've upped my water and activated the humidifier but still dry. I'm going to do a mini baking soda/conditioner rinse to chelate because it could be hard water deposits but if that doesn't work....well, let's just hope that works. My regi has finally gotten me some retention and health and I resent the idea of searching for new products and techniques. Ugh.
it's got aloe Vera juice in it. If you have low porous hair, it might not be your friend.

apemay1969

Mix it like you said or use something lighter like olive oil.

Can't do olive. It irritates my skin. Man, I hope I remember to do this. I just rebraided this weekend. I better subscribe already. I keep forgetting to do that too. New phone..new app functions..new learning curve.
I really want to finally make it to SL this year and being consistently simple has been more effective than the actual products, it seems. I'm scared to change.

Evolving78

I'm always afraid it'll make things hard under there. I use JBCO straight and it's pretty thick and I have to be careful or friction with this oil pulls my thin hair, ends and my sides clear off my head. Maybe mix with a lighter oil? Is there a good technique for applying heavier oil to fine hair?
I have fine hair too and heavy stuff breaks my hair off as well. Avocado oil is nice.

faithVA

Can't do olive. It irritates my skin. Man, I hope I remember to do this. I just rebraided this weekend. I better subscribe already. I keep forgetting to do that too. New phone..new app functions..new learning curve.
I really want to finally make it to SL this year and being consistently simple has been more effective than the actual products, it seems. I'm scared to change.

It was just an example. I think you need something to seal with whatever that is. The weather can suck all the moisture out of your hair.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

GSO, sunflower oil, and avocado oil are great to mix with JBCO I can't use it straight.

faithVA

I mixed safflower, castor oil, hazelnut oil, cedarwood eo, basil eo and sage.

I may apply it each morning since I baggy on the way to work.