SL 2014

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I cowashed this morning with HH honey hash and then applied shea moisture thickening milk to my hair. Applied JC nurish & shine on top.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

lovely_locks

What length are you now? Edges and bangs are in inch udner my earlobe, and my nape is neck length.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using? Satin cap at night, and wash n go's during the day.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Deep condition/oil once a week. Im in new england its super cold here.

Any other info you want us to know just post it My hair has a weird cut with so many different lengths

Post a starting pic... is in my siggy

Wenbev

After washing out my henna last night, dc with DB dc for an hour with heat, rinsed that and added DB pumpkinseed leave in condish, Beemine growth serum to the scalp and DB coco bean moisturizer before twisting.

sexypebbly

Had a busy day today. Took my kinky twist out last night and prepoo'ed overnight and detangled and detangled more today. Clarified with ORS aloe and did a hardcore protein with aphogee and dc'ed with SD chocolate bliss and keravada fenugreek oil on top. Then did a curlformer set. Those things took a while to get the hang of. Hopefully it turns out good in the morning :)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm on day 5 of my inversion. I hope to see some good growth by the end of the month. We shall see.

HPG

lovely_locks

Every day I am seeing one knot in my hair. It is a know right on the ends of my hair. It has gotten so bad that I need to cut them out! When I co wash (everyday) I detangle but sometimes to no avail. This is irritating. I do not have that much length, I can't afford to lose any lol!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Every day I am seeing one knot in my hair. It is a know right on the ends of my hair. It has gotten so bad that I need to cut them out! When I co wash (everyday) I detangle but sometimes to no avail. This is irritating. I do not have that much length, I can't afford to lose any lol!

Try putting a light oil on your ends after you detangle and cowash. It may help keep the strands from getting as many ssk.

HPG

sexypebbly

What length are you now? Neck length in the back chin length in the front.

Natural/relaxed/texlaxed? Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using? Trying not to use too much heat and protective styles like kinky twist.

Post a starting pic: sry its sideways.

ForumRunner_20131105_204234.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Pre poo'd with KeraVada fenugreek oil and applied my NJoy oil. Dc'd with SD raz affair and then cowashed with HH sticky honey hash con. Dk what I'm going to do to my hair yet.

HPG

Wenbev

Im feeling some growth yall! Did a flatwist out and was feeling hair brushung up my skin in places I havent felt hair there in years! Im not even going to do a LC bc it may be premature and then I'll be dissappointed.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally getting some decent uniformed hang time in the shower. I remember not long ago just my front and very nape would hang just a little and now it seems to be more all around. APL hurry up and come now!

ForumRunner_20131109_122942.jpg

HPG

lovely_locks

Finally getting some decent uniformed hang time in the shower. I remember not long ago just my front and very nape would hang just a little and now it seems to be more all around. APL hurry up and come now!

HPG

Ooooh! Look at that hang! How long have you been growing your hair? When did it start to hang?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Ooooh! Look at that hang! How long have you been growing your hair? When did it start to hang?

I've been natural for a little over 2 years now but I keep cutting not trimming but cutting my hair. I always feel like I have to cut it and don't know why. I have stepped away from the scissors and realized wasn't anything wrong with my hair...it is just me lol. Scissors are the debil if you don't need to cut or trim. I noticed it getting some uniformed decent hang in October. Then it touch my shoulder this month (or that's when I noticed).

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I used NJoys Purifying Cowash yesterday and it cleanses very well. It isn't a thick cowash by no means and you expect it to be more like the way a traditional conditioner or cleansing conditioner would be in consistency but it isnt. Do not attempt to detangle with this cowash but it gets the job done and cleanses very good. I massaged my scalp with it and applied it to shaft of my hair. Left in for 10 minutes and rinsed. My hair felt soft. I followed up a moisturizing con with slip so I could detangle (SDDH). This is an excellent cowash so far. Had my curls popping.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Oh yeah I forgot I tried on my NJoy LC shirt. I wish she had XXL but oh well.

ForumRunner_20131113_105811.jpg

HPG

Tatilove

I'm in!!!

I'm also in the 2014 APL challenge, but I'm not SL yet.

What length are you now? Beyond NL, not SL yet

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed/tex

What retention methods do you plan on using? Bunning

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Not for now, but if I go in the US this month or next month, I'll get some biotin.

Any other info you want us to know just post it - My hair is extremely dry (especially the ends) so I plan on starting to moisturize and seal my hair at least 2-3 times per week.

Post a starting pic...

Attachments

• october 31 1.jpg
    october 31 1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 41

Penelope74

I am SOOOO proud of my hair right now. I see it transforming BEFORE MY EYES. After all this toiling, vitamin takin, co-washin, ACV & Tea rinsing, babying, no heat, air/ t-shirt drying, DC's,,,,,, my hair is STRONGER and HEALTHIER. I stopped using sulfates, mineral oil, petrolum and stepped up my oil game TREMENDOUSLY. My nails are growing like crazy too.
I see now the mistakes I was making with my hair and all the abuse I was doing to it. I know I will be @ SL length by the end of this year.

faithVA

[USER=253834 said:
lovely_locks[/USER];19243193]When I wake up in the morning I find all kinds of knots in my hair. How can I stop this from happening?

Are you going to bed with your hair loose? Are you wearing a bonnet or a scarf?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey ladies I was speaking with Tatilove in the APL 2014 challenge and she was asking about combining a APL/BSL challenge for us. I told her if consensus agreed then I would change the name. But I wanted to see if y'all wanted to make this thread a SL/APL thread as well? I know we talked/joked about it in SL 2013 thread but what cha think?

HPG