SL 2014

faithVA

Lovely faith! And yes. Much thicker than when you started you hhj! That twist out is gorgeous!

Thank you. I think you are right that it is much thicker. My bald spot is almost gone. And my twist aren't as puny. I don't think my hair is dense until I have to twist it up. Then after 40 twist I'm sending up prayers asking to be delivered.

Blairx0

This is my twist out from Wednesday. The front is a decent length but the back is much shorter.

I come in here just to follow your journey. Nice density! I of course think it was all the rollersetting that helped you out, but I wouldn't say that. Your hair is looking good!

faithVA

I come in here just to follow your journey. Nice density! I of course think it was all the rollersetting that helped you out, but I wouldn't say that. Your hair is looking good!

Thank you. I love your one track rollersetting mind. :lol: I will be back in the roller setting challenge at the end of summer. I'm still recovery from that setback in the back of my head so I can't put the back up yet. But September I will be on it.

naija24

In weave until early October...I think I'm gonna skip the relaxer this time and get a BKT. This would allow me to get color as well as straighten my hair. I am afraid that I'm cursed with short hair somedays because I don't know how I could stretch my hair for 5 months and only get what looks like 1.5-2 inches of hair growth :/ I feel like I should have closer to 3 inches. It's not fair!!! *whine whine*

I'm hoping that I gain close to 3 inches by December. This will put me at full CBL and then I can stop worrying about length and finally just enjoy my hair. No weaves, no protective styles.

Babygrowth

Hey y'all! I just took out Marley twists I had in for two months. I will relax and trim my hair next week and post an update pic. I will also start manetabolism this month along with some hairgrowth oil. Probably Hair trigger featherweight version. I plan to be back in weave in September and will maintain that until December. Hopefully I will be SL by then.

Evolving78

ok ladies i know i haven't posted in awhile. i was abusive to my hair last weekend. i finally washed it this morning and dusted my ends. i plan on using the flexi rods again. i just need to buy some smaller ones. that will be my go to style for the fall. i will need some headbands too. i am going to post some pics of my hair progress so far.

Evolving78

ok ladies i know i haven't posted in awhile. i was abusive to my hair last weekend. i finally washed it this morning and dusted my ends. i plan on using the flexi rods again. i just need to buy some smaller ones. that will be my go to style for the fall. i will need some headbands too. i am going to post some pics of my hair progress so far.

this is like a 1 1/2 of growth. oh and i haven't been taking those vitamins. i will start back today.

ForumRunner_20140808_073317.jpg

ForumRunner_20140808_073353.jpg

Last edited:

xu93texas

Your hair looks great!

Trixie58

I'm early but need to put up a progress pic after my relaxer yesterday!

This is eight months of growth (the brown is dec). I'm happier but still miles from APL, I still feel like I have a shoulder length bob after 8 months. The good news is that I just moved to boston from New York and was trying a new stylist for the first time for my relaxer (aaaah!) she seems to have done it fine though with no setbacks. Now just have to make sure I keep it healthy and lay off all heat.

Attachments

• image-4074272638.jpg
    image-4074272638.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3338928142.jpg
    image-3338928142.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 58

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Speaking of front length, mine was stuck on the bridge of my nose for the longest. Its finally made it to the tip with the help of the Split Ender, staying in deep PS, and daily multivitamins.

The bangs have never seen my lips so that is my next mini goal.

3 months....cross your fingers!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

This is eight months of growth (the brown is dec). I'm happier but still miles from APL, I still feel like I have a shoulder length bob after 8 months. The good news is that I just moved to boston from New York and was trying a new stylist for the first time for my relaxer (aaaah!) she seems to have done it fine though with no setbacks. Now just have to make sure I keep it healthy and lay off all heat.

Looking good.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Speaking of front length, mine was stuck on the bridge of my nose for the longest. Its finally made it to the tip with the help of the Split Ender, staying in deep PS, and daily multivitamins.

You will make it. The split ender is a God send!

faithVA

Great growth and your hair looks fabulous. You are definitely SL. With that type of growth you will APL early next year.

faithVA

My fingers are crossed for you :yep:

Evolving78

trying to decide if i have the energy to wash and flexi rod my hair tonight or do it tomorrow in the morning. thinking of giving my hair a break. tried on a cute wig today, but bought that root straightener thing and some more flexi rods instead. i plan on going back this weekend to get it and get another style wig later next week. i plan on using the flexi rods and using the wigs as a backup. i really want to reach my goal and i am tired of styling my hair.

updateok, i just shampooed my hair in the sink, so i could dc for awhile. i guess i will be doing my hair tonight..smh

Evolving78

i need to take my time with setting my hair. i forgot how fragile my hair is when it is wet. i'm too tired to get under the dryer, so i will post before and after pics tomorrow is the set turns out nice.

Evolving78

i need to take my time with setting my hair. i forgot how fragile my hair is when it is wet. i'm too tired to get under the dryer, so i will post before and after pics tomorrow is the set turns out nice.

ForumRunner_20140823_140529.jpg

ForumRunner_20140823_140553.jpg

Not my best work but decent to leave the &ozz house. My phone is acting crazy again. Sorry

BonBon

Still haven't shampooed or detangled my hair properly :ohwell:

Just working through the last dread that has formed lol. I havent manipulated for near 3 months now and my hair hasn't grown anymore except in the bangs. Assuming I'm at terminal length SL and CB.

Last edited:

Evolving78

Still haven't shampooed or detangled my hair properly :ohwell:

Just working through the last dread that has formed lol. I havent manipulated for near 3 months now and my hair hasn't grown anymore except in the bangs. Assuming I'm at terminal length SL and CB.

i'm going to need you to get it together! you are not at terminal length!

BonBon

I'm trying! My hair will be done tomorrow and hopefully I can assess the growth situation properly. Last year was 0.5" pm steady. This year not much movement except the bangs.

Evolving78

i guess i need to get some more red flexi rods. i probably need like 5 packs. wigs and flexi rods for awhile if i can pull this off. my new growth is something else right now. i am going to try to do better with these vitamins and i am going to try a growth aid. i started using the aid tonight. so i will see what will happen in the next thirty days. i was looking at some old pics and i really miss my hair being longer.