Sis in-law + relax my 5yr old's hair = Kick a$$

Tene

Re: Sis in-law + relax my 5yr old\'s hair = Kick a$$

I don't blame you, I would've beat her a** too, that was a big no no. It sounds like she was planning to do that to your daughter's hair.

Vanessa22

Yeah that was messed up and uncalled for. However, I don't knock you for your actions. You reacted on impulse based on the welfare of your daughter, and I totally understand. I'm terribly sorry this happened to you and your daughter.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I hope syze6's sil didn't have her arrested!
I don't like fighting. Especially in front of children. But in certain situations you just gotta whoop that a**! That's all some people will understand. Putting chemicals on my child w/o my permission?
I'm getting mad all over again!

Jenai

syze6, How is your daughter's hair and scalp doing?

KaiT

What you need to do is getting your girls together and you'll go over there..when she is not expecting it..jump on her and tie her down. Break out a 3.99 box relaxer...apply it to her hair from root to ends for like an hour..massage it into her scalp real good..then rinse it out..no neutralizing shampoo or nothing..just good ole' water..then dry her hair w/ a blowdryer..once that's done..get a jar of DAX grease and apply generously over entire head of hair..proceed with a hot comb and then finish with a curling iron....

Tai

Dang, KaiT. You don't play.
I wouldn't want to make you mad.

G

[ QUOTE ]
KaiT said:
What you need to do is getting your girls together and you'll go over there..when she is not expecting it..jump on her and tie her down. Break out a 3.99 box relaxer...apply it to her hair from root to ends for like an hour..massage it into her scalp real good..then rinse it out..no neutralizing shampoo or nothing..just good ole' water..then dry her hair w/ a blowdryer..once that's done..get a jar of DAX grease and apply generously over entire head of hair..proceed with a hot comb and then finish with a curling iron....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the jump off

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Oooooooo! This thread is making me mad all over again! The nerve of that woman! I don't even have kids and I wanted to go straight gangsta on her!

I hope the little girl's hair is ok...

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy

O my gosh! I somehow missed this thread. I don't believe this! Please update on how your daughters head is doing.

Valerie

One of the sad things about this whole affair, is the repeating advertising of relaxers for children, you see in the magazines. The girls always look nice and there is still a lot of negativity about small children having natural hair, if their hair is thick, mothers get mad with they have to wash their children and little girls get mad, because mothers vent their angry on the poor child's hair, the hair is combed with angry and vexation. People don't want to take time and comb their children's hair and plait it or maybe, they just don't know how to look after their hair and the language about how hair is so negative. 'You and that d@mn nappy hair'. 'You need to control those naps' I can't deal with that big bush'. I don't care how many people say that nappy is now used as a positive word, I still think it is very negative and it is a word I don't use. With all this angry, this hated, bitterness. Girls grow up hating their hair. I am not referring to adults relaxing their hair, they make their own choices, but children cannot. We as adults have to guide them. I myself have been guilty of relaxing my daughters hair twice, one when she was 5 and again at 7, but both times allowed her hair to grow out. I also realised I am damaging my daughter's hair, and her scalp, however my sisters-in-laws were very angry that I don't relax her hair, when she went to America with her father at 10 and again 13. I was called irresponsible and how can I let my daughter grow up with all that hair, one complained she couldn't deal with her hair, one said thank God, she had boys instead of girls, because dealing with all that hair. My daughter said that her aunts dragged her hair when they were combing and grumbled under their breaths and Ayodele's father went and relaxed her hair, I told him not to, and he did it. I was so angry, I couldn't say anything, when she was arrived at the airport, her hair was relaxed. Your sister was more than way out of line. Relaxers for children is a billion dillor industry and the hair industry does not want to loose that money. So they work on our insecurities, easy to comb, and they are so gentle, they cannot harm your child's hair. Ideal for "hard to handle hair". So many of parents are brain washed into relaxing hair, and until we can see the light, there will always have this problems of relatives such as mothers, mothers -in law, sisters, sisters -in law, grandparents, fathers thinking they are doing the best and in the long term damaging the next generation. I am sure that your daughter's hair will grow back and I really think that you need to speak to your sister in law, when you have cooled done and show her the statistics of how many young girls, have permanent baldness, need hair transplants, the damage to young scalps, the hair breakage etc, and if she wants to contribute another generation of permanent bald woman, and more money to the trichologists, go ahead, but not with your own daughter.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Valerie said:
One of the sad things about this whole affair, is the repeating advertising of relaxers for children, you see in the magazines. The girls always look nice and there is still a lot of negativity about small children having natural hair, if their hair is thick, mothers get mad with they have to wash their children and little girls get mad, because mothers vent their angry on the poor child's hair, the hair is combed with angry and vexation. People don't want to take time and comb their children's hair and plait it or maybe, they just don't know how to look after their hair and the language about how hair is so negative. 'You and that d@mn nappy hair'. 'You need to control those naps' I can't deal with that big bush'. I don't care how many people say that nappy is now used as a positive word, I still think it is very negative and it is a word I don't use. With all this angry, this hated, bitterness. Girls grow up hating their hair. I am not referring to adults relaxing their hair, they make their own choices, but children cannot. We as adults have to guide them. I myself have been guilty of relaxing my daughters hair twice, one when she was 5 and again at 7, but both times allowed her hair to grow out. I also realised I am damaging my daughter's hair, and her scalp, however my sisters-in-laws were very angry that I don't relax her hair, when she went to America with her father at 10 and again 13. I was called irresponsible and how can I let my daughter grow up with all that hair, one complained she couldn't deal with her hair, one said thank God, she had boys instead of girls, because dealing with all that hair. My daughter said that her aunts dragged her hair when they were combing and grumbled under their breaths and Ayodele's father went and relaxed her hair, I told him not to, and he did it. I was so angry, I couldn't say anything, when she was arrived at the airport, her hair was relaxed. Your sister was more than way out of line. Relaxers for children is a billion dillor industry and the hair industry does not want to loose that money. So they work on our insecurities, easy to comb, and they are so gentle, they cannot harm your child's hair. Ideal for "hard to handle hair". So many of parents are brain washed into relaxing hair, and until we can see the light, there will always have this problems of relatives such as mothers, mothers -in law, sisters, sisters -in law, grandparents, fathers thinking they are doing the best and in the long term damaging the next generation. I am sure that your daughter's hair will grow back and I really think that you need to speak to your sister in law, when you have cooled done and show her the statistics of how many young girls, have permanent baldness, need hair transplants, the damage to young scalps, the hair breakage etc, and if she wants to contribute another generation of permanent bald woman, and more money to the trichologists, go ahead, but not with your own daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Co-signing

GodMadeMePretty

Preach, Valerie!! People do tend to think that children are miniature adults and that their skin is as mature as ours.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection

I understand the hostility. My mother and I had custody of my nieces for a while, they went to live with their older brother and his wife when they were about 11 or so. One of them had silky naturally curly/wavy hair texture, it was just T H I C K and would tangle easily, and they didnt have the patience to comb it so they put a relaxer in her hair too because they couldnt handle it and made combing her hair an ordeal. She thinks she has unmanageable hair when I would almost kill for hair like hers. I wasnt happy about it but they were taking over the care and financial responsibilty for them and I figured they had to do what was best for their household. They taught her all kinds of bad hair care stuff, she uses grease, TONS of grease. I keep trying to tell her (shes 17 now and back in our state)no one wants to touch that mess or have grease stains left from where ever she lands her head. I have far kinkier hair than hers and I dont even use grease like that. She always has a curling iron in it, its so dry and brittle. Its still thick and she has lots of length but I remember back to when I used to do it and it was so soft and silky and all I can do is smh...

The other one has a much more manageable thickness and its fine textured...its not naturally curly but she never needed a relaxer either. Its the type that will straighten if you put just a little moisturizer on it. She has been putting relaxers in her hair too and since her hair isnt as thick or resilient as her sisters its so dry and broken and brittle, it's painful to even look at it.

I wish you the best of luck with your daughters hair and I hope no one else ever has to go though anything like this.

S

Stylepink

I can't believe she did that! How rude.

msniq

I do not condone violence but...... I would have needed Jesus, Mary and Joseph the holy trinity and alll the disciples to keep me from killing her. I think that is the most disrespectful thing in the world! What if she had an allergic reaction to the relaxer? What if she did not rinse it out well! What if it burned her? Oh my she is lucky all she got as an ass whooping!

Jenai

...... I would have needed Jesus, Mary and Joseph the holy trinity and alll the disciples to keep me from killing her. [i\]

Michelle79

[ QUOTE ]
msniq said:
I do not condone violence but...... I would have needed Jesus, Mary and Joseph the holy trinity and alll the disciples to keep me from killing her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Healthb4Length

That ain't even right, I would have cursed her out and probably do more than kick her a$$! I made the decision a long time ago that if anything like this ever happened to my child I would literally cut off all the processed hair. I know that may be wrong but it's not as dangerous as putting chemicals in a child's head. I hope things get better.