SINGING PRAISES OF MSM/SILICA/FLAXSEED/SULFUR OIL

Nanyanika

CurleeDST said:
I can't locate the suflur powder on this site.
sorry its my fault i spelt it sulfur in the title of the thread/posts which is wrong. Type in the correct word which is Sulphur

Last edited:

Nanyanika

MissJ said:
That's awesome, den! I may have to try your concoction.
Thank-you!!!! you can't lose with this formula, plus its far cheaper to purchase the powder, and throw in some reasonably priced oils.

CurleeDST

From what I have read it looks as if one could purchase MSM supplements and take that to promote healthy hair, skin and nails.

CurleeDST

BTW your hair looks great - wonderful growth!

den1 said:
Thank-you!!!! you can't lose with this formula, plus its far cheaper to purchase the powder, and throw in some reasonably priced oils.

Nanyanika

MissJ said:
You seem so excited. Is that why you're up so late, or is this early for you? :lol:
Girl i slept earlier, got up for prayer meeting and now i can't sleep lol so thats why i decide to stay up and chat, i suppose i'm bored and excited.

Nanyanika

CurleeDST said:
From what I have read it looks as if one could purchase MSM supplements and take that to promote healthy hair, skin and nails.
Yeah that's true, i use both i take the MSM Cystals internally and use sulphur topically. Both work great for me.

Nanyanika

Well, i'm gonna settle down to sleep now!!! Thanks for all your responses if there are any more questions i'll answer during the day.

Mestiza

czyfaith77 said:
I don't mean to ask a silly question but, is the sulfur powder that you speak of the same as the the sulfur powder used to keep away chiggers(mite-like insects)? If so, we also use this type of powder in the warm weather seasons to keep away snakes (snakes detest the stuff!). I have been trying to do a search to see if there were different types of sulfur powders (i.e the one you speak here, the one used in chemistry classes,etc)or if they are the same. If all of these are the same then I have found big bags of this stuff at my local garden and seed store. I don't mean to sound silly :p but, I would just like some clarity. Thanks in advance!

I was looking in one of those stores b/c someone told me to check there, for sulfur. A Sales Associate asked how would I be using it? I told him that I was interested in mixing it w/ coconut oil, etc... and putting it on my scalp/hair. He told me NOT to do that b/c it had other chemicals added that would, more than likely, take my hair out and would be very harmful for my scalp!!! :eek: He said that people use it outdoors in gardens, lawns, etc... He scared the "you know what" out of me! :shocked: He showed me the big 5 lb. bag that cost about $15 and pointed out that is was NOT 100% sulfur.

I just had to mention that b/c I wouldn't want anyone to have the problems that he mentioned. :nono:

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Mestiza said:
That's great news, den1! :clap: I'm so happy that your hair has made a great improvement! :weird:
Thank-you, only now i'm looking forward to being natural again, i wasn't ceratin before because of the way my hair was reacting.

Nanyanika

Mestiza said:
I was looking in one of those stores b/c someone told me to check there, for sulfur. A Sales Associate asked how would I be using it? I told him that I was interested in mixing it w/ coconut oil, etc... and putting it on my scalp/hair. He told me NOT to do that b/c it had other chemicals added that would, more than likely, take my hair out and would be very harmful for my scalp!!! :eek: He said that people use it outdoors in gardens, lawns, etc... He scared the "you know what" out of me! :shocked: He showed me the big 5 lb. bag that cost about $15 and pointed out that is was NOT 100% sulfur.

I just had to mention that b/c I wouldn't want anyone to have the problems that he mentioned. :nono:
Oh nooo its a good thing he asked you then, the one i use is pure Sulphur by Baldwins. Didn't know all sulphurs aren't made the same, its a good thing i ordered from Baldwins. your best bet is to use MSM sulfur instead. Or order from Baldwins, i've been using this brand for over three moths and i have no problems.
here is pic of my hair after removing braids, the sulfur made my hair feel softer and stronger along with the internal msm.

Last edited:

Cooyah

GREAT PROGRESS den1, ever since i discovered robin's site, you've been my inspiration. now for the ladies that want to purchase sulphur, you can go on ebay (you can find ANYTHING on ebay now). they have a few sellers who have the pure sulphur or at least 99.5 or something such.

Nanyanika

CiaJcanBabi said:
GREAT PROGRESS den1, ever since i discovered robin's site, you've been my inspiration. now for the ladies that want to purchase sulphur, you can go on ebay (you can find ANYTHING on ebay now). they have a few sellers who have the pure sulphur or at least 99.5 or something such.
Thank-you!!! for your kind words and helping out the ladies interested in purchasing pure sulphur powder.

Mestiza

den1 said:
Oh nooo its a good thing he asked you then, the one i use is pure Sulphur by Baldwins. Didn't know all sulphurs aren't made the same, its a good thing i ordered from Baldwins. your best bet is to use MSM sulfur instead. Or order from Baldwins, i've been using this brand for over three moths and i have no problems.
here is pic of my hair after removing braids, the sulfur made my hair feel softer and stronger along with the internal msm.
Mestiza said:

I'm so glad that he told me that! I think that it was mostly sulfur, but the other chemicals that were in that product is what would've caused the problems that he mentioned. It's definitely a safe bet to go w/ the pure 100% sulfur. :yep: I looked for some MSM, today, but it was all gone. I only saw Glucosamine w/ MSM. I'll try some other places.

Your hair looks great! :bouncy: It's pretty and thick! :love:

hotshot

i dont know if this was answered but i hope its useful:
Sulphur dissolves in oil
MSM dissolved in water

Proceed mixing!!!

cocoberry10

den1 said:
Thank-you, i never will stop using my supplements, my texture has also changed, it more a type 3 now, which i had when i was a little girl, somehow it changed to a type 4 over the years. I tried the HB brand too, but it wasn't that great. New horizions is the best because it is pure and distilled. Let me know how you progress with the new brand of msm.

Den, how do you make MTG? Sorry, if someone already asked this question.

ekomba

den1 said:
Some of you may remember my distressing thread last year, regarding the condition of my newgrowth, which was seemingly dry and brittle, for a whole year. I could not be certain whether my hair was reacting due to a deficency, stress or scab hair. i also had increasing breakage/brittleness in the middle of my head. I tried deep conditioners and moisturizers and nothing could bring my hair back to a healthy condition. I must admitt that my diet/health condition had been poor for a long time and I failed to adequately supplement my diet. I began to search the forum for threads discussing successes of various vitamins on the hair/health. i came across msm posts, EFAs silica etc. Praise God, i took the advice on here I went out and purchased high quality vitamins, I also purchased sulfur powder and mixed it with oils to replace MTG within two weeks my newgrowth softened, i have no britteleness, i have less shedding/breakage my hair is growing faster and it is helping to imprive my health. I wanted to say thank you LHCF for all the support and advice, i couldn't have overcome this hurdle without you all.

Hey congratulations Den:D ,hum i fell off the vits bandwagon for a week when i run out of many of them but i stocked up and waiting for everything and the mtg to arrive this week hum i may even try your mtg substitute after i run out of the two bottles i just ordered my hair is dry cant wait to get back on the vits yeahhhhhhhhh cant wait for my msm i need it like yesterday hehe:lol:

Zeal

wantlonghealthyhair said:
Den 1, i hope you will continue to be happy with your beautiful, thick, wavy, soft, long hair ;)
You have really helped me out!
MSM is the truth...i was taking holland and baretts 1000 first(for 2months) i really like it.
I now have gone onto the one you reccomend which i think is good too, my hair texture has changed , it is now very soft! i cannot even figure out my hair type...maybe 4A?:look:

HHG

Which did she recommend?

Nanyanika

cocoberry10 said:
Den, how do you make MTG? Sorry, if someone already asked this question.
I use my empty 32OZ mtg bottle for good measure....i fill the bottom about half an inch full of sulfur powder and fill the remainder with natural oils. the best are jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, right to the top of the bottle. give it a good shake leave it for a day or two so that it can dissolve a bit, then its ready to be applied to the scalp or hair.

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Hey congratulations Den:D ,hum i fell off the vits bandwagon for a week when i run out of many of them but i stocked up and waiting for everything and the mtg to arrive this week hum i may even try your mtg substitute after i run out of the two bottles i just ordered my hair is dry cant wait to get back on the vits yeahhhhhhhhh cant wait for my msm i need it like yesterday hehe:lol:
Thanks girl for leaving those comments in my album, good luck with your new vits, keep in touch. den1

I'm about to join you on making your own MSM oil.
I can't take the stench of this MTG. I was in church today paranoid everytime someone looked in my direction I was scurred they were smelling my hair.:lachen:
den1 said:
Thank-you!! girl you know want to try it, go on give into your "PJ spidey sense itching" lol it truly does work. You know me, when somethings not right i will post and moan to everyone about it. My hair was sooo brittle and rough, now through my sulfur oil concoction and persisting with MSM i can enjoy my hair again, i'm no longer miserable i am so happy i can stop feeling my hair even my texturized ends feels better. My advice is do a search online to find a natural products company, which sells herbs, oils just organic products and they should sell the yellow sulphur powder (external use only)not the white MSM sulfur for (external/internal). Purchase some natural oils to go along with the mix, i prefer coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, you can also add vitamin E and/or EOs like rosemary, peppermint. When you get your ingredients together send me a PM and i'll give you the details of how to mix it, i also used a blender for mine to crush the powder down a little because it can clump to togetther a bit. good luck

Nanyanika

ONEBLESSEDRN said:
I'm about to join you on making your own MSM oil.
I can't take the stench of this MTG. I was in church today paranoid everytime someone looked in my direction I was scurred they were smelling my hair.:lachen:
HAHAHAHA I understand you!!! The MTG was too stanky for me. I hope you jump on the bandwagon with me too.

sareca

Congrats, Den. :dance7:

Your beautiful hair has been one of my hairspirations since I joined LHCF. Is your signature right? Do you take 20,000mg/day of MSM.

Nanyanika

sareca said:
Congrats, Den. :dance7:

Your beautiful hair has been one of my hairspirations since I joined LHCF. Is your signature right? Do you take 20,000mg/day of MSM.
Thanks girl!!1I know you can't believe it!! but i was taking 20,000mg daily. i've cut down but i'm boosting it up again soon, i take for health reasons too.