Silk Dreams Hair Care Product Reviews!

Angelicus

Review: Destination Hydration Miracle Moisturizing Conditioner
Light Moisturizing Conditioner 8oz.

1. The first time I used this conditioner, it didn't stand much of a chance, as I had used mayonnaise as a pre-treatment. Mayo gets my hair pretty hard so I wasn't expecting the light moisturizing conditioner to work... but I wanted to try it so bad!

I clarified with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (doctored-up with tea-tree oil), shampooed with Whip My Hair Cleansing Cream :love: and then used the Destination Hydration. My hair didn't like it at all after my mayo treatment, so I had to follow-up with Shea What! Therapeutic Conditioning Masque :love: My hair felt a lot better after that.

2. Ok, so I wanted to give this conditioner another chance since I paid $8.00 for it. The next week, I just washed with Whip My Hair, then conditioned with the Destination Hydration. It has a very light, fresh scent-- like a flower, or some type of fruit candy that I can't put my finger on. Yay, this time I got slip and softness. My new growth was curling up which made it kind of hard to keep it in a ponytail. If I was air-drying my hair straight, my hair would have LOVED this. Unfortunately, I had to slick it in a dumb bun. I can't wait to co-wash with this stuff.

This Conditioner only gets 1 thumb up :up: because although it smells divine, gives slip, and awesome for stuff like daily/co-washing, I like to deep condition my hair every time I wash it, I don't have room for it in my regimen.

----
In other news, I just used Whip My Hair Cleansing Cream, Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream, and the Leave-in Conditioner by Silk Dreams, and here we go again... I can't stop playing in my hair. If I were buying items from this line for the first time, I would recommend those three products. Shea What! too... I think my hair likes that one the most but I like the smell of WMH and VSC more.

Solitude

Great reviews. I was just browsing the website yesterday. I'll have to order a bundle some time next month.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
The remainder of my product reviews:

*DESTINATION HYDRATION has skyrocketed to super staple status. I'm going to need Supergirl to get on those bigger sizes ASAP*

Vanilla Silk DC: This is now my staple moisturizing DC. Smells nice, goes on easy, it's not too thick and globby which to me makes things disgusting to apply but it's not thin and runny either, won't run down your neck/face. My hair was SO shiny and the elasticity is simply mind boggling. As usual my hair just combed through in the shower w/ minimal hair loss.

Shea What DC: Didn't like this as much as the vanilla silk but it is still a good DC. Smells nice, detangles fairly well and leaves hair SHINY and bouncy. I would buy again when she has sales, unlike the vanilla silk which I would buy whenever I run out.

Thanks for the awesome products!

greenandchic

After reading these reviews, I think my next hair product order will be with Silk Dreams. I cant wait 'till new products come out though...:lick:

Angelicus

Update: I have been using Silk Dreams products exclusively for about a month and a half. The results are amazing and I will remain consistent with a Silk Dreams regimen. I think what is setting this product line apart from the other independent brands that I have tried is that everything is so moisturizing (and the fact that the shampoos have schizophrenia, they think they're conditioners too).

The con is that I can't stop touching my hair. :ahwell:

I brought some of her products with me to church, we couldn't stop sniffing them lol. One church member said, "Maybe I should give those products a try. I've been thinking about using more natural stuff in my hair." :weird:

I will post more reviews on my LHCF blog and also in this thread. I have honestly not loved a complete product line before until now. Former Feature of the Month Stamp of Approval!

Angelicus

Re: Silk Dreams Go Moist - Moisturizing Shampoo Review

Silk Dreams Go Moist - Moisturizing Shampoo 8 oz. Review
Cost: $8.00

It's a HIT!!!​

Pros:Great bargain for the money;Only need to use a little.
Cons: The poor shampoo has schizophrenia and believes it's a conditioner.

For you people begging this seller to have a shampoo that suds up, this shampoo is definitely for you. It makes a ton of suds and it smells so GOOD! Scent: I can't really describe the scent. It definitely smells edible. Kind of like a flower or candy... it isn't overbearing. The way that it makes my hair feel is AWESOME. You will not need a conditioner after using this shampoo... but the line has some really high quality conditioners so I use them anyway.

Consistency: It's a more traditional shampoo than the "Whip My Hair Conditioner." It has a pearlesent, milky consistency with viscosity like condensed milk. I only needed to use a little bit and my whole hair started foaming up. I was kind of scared because most foamy conditioners leave my hair stripped-- my hair felt so good, clean and MOISTURIZED when I rinsed it out!

Remember how wonderful SoftSheen Breakthru used to be? It gave that clean feeling without leaving the hair stripped, while at the same time being moisturizing and strengthening? Well this shampoo works better than that.

This shampoo definitely exceeded my expectations as all Silk Dreams Products do!

I gladly give it 2 thumbs up! :up::up:

Last edited:

Angelicus

Re: Silk Dreams Waterfalls Silk Hydrating Spritz Review

Waterfalls Silk Hydrating Spritz Spray Moisturizer 8oz. Review
Cost: $14.00

Pros: The ingredient listing is amazing; can be used on wet or dry hair and leaves the hair soft and swing-a-matic. You can really let your SOULLLLL GLOOOO out on this one. LOVE IT!
Cons: Price, Smell (I'm a vanilla kind of gal and this is a citrus-y one)

I can't believe I found something to replace S-Curl after all these years. I am actually in awe and shock about this one because my hair does not like watery leave-in conditioners and moisturizers. However my hair is drinking this up. It is really moisturizing and the ingredients are top notch: There's a ton of glucose/sugar products in it-- not sure if that has anything to do to why this stuff is making my hair go crazy in love with it.... I'm thinking that's the reason for the killer price tag on it. No lie, it's worth the money, though.

Consistency: Watery consistency - product comes out in an awesome, light mist.

How I use: I've been using it two ways: immediately after applying leave-in right before I roller set, and before bedtime-- before wrapping or before putting on my scarf.

This is an EXCELLENT daily moisturizer for people that think that S-Curl No-Drip is too heavy. It doesn't weigh my hair down, even when I wear it straight. I like the bottle that it comes in because the product comes out in a fine mist.

The only thing I didn't care too much for was the smell. I love all things vanilla, coconut, flowers, and rain. This one had an orange, fresh essence to it. It smells great-- I'm just spoiled. However, I do like that the smell is not overbearing. When I read "Waterfalls" I thought it would smell like "Renuzit After the Rain Spray" :lol: It still gets a THUMB UP BABY!!! :up:

Angelicus

Re: Silk Dreams Creme de la Silk Thick Moisturizer Review

Creme de ls Silk Thick Moisturizer 4oz. Review
Cost $12.00

OH. EM. GEE. You need this in your life! YES YOU DO! YESSSSS!

Pros: SMELL: like an almond cookie, waiting to be savored; moisturizing; doubles as a body moisturizer; awesome ingredient listing; great for twistouts, braidouts, natural styles and even for doobies/wraps

Cons: What cons? :look: Ok seriously, this may be too thick for the relaxed ladies that like to wear their hair bone straight on a daily basis. People like that need Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream.

Consistency: Thick and rich. It is whipped up to perfection and you only need a little for your hair. My hair eats this stuff up and this 4 oz jar is going to last a long time.
This is is one of the best products in the entire Silk Dreams Line. It's getting late so I can't go on and on and on about how wonderful this product is. It has a TON of uses.

Natural ladies: YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE.Your twist-outs will never be the same. You will want to eat your hair. People will follow you because your hair and skin will smell so good.

Relaxed ladies: YOU TOO NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE: This stuff is like a delicious souflee and people will want to eat you and your hair when they see you.

I've been using this as an all over moisturizer too-- a cuticle butter and a night time foot moisturizer. A little goes a long way. And my skin hasn't felt better. It has a lot of fat, coconut milk, and a small amount of silk protein.

I wish Silk Dreams was a man so I could marry him and have his baby. TIS ALL! 5 thumbs up to the creator of this awesome product!
:up::up::up::up::up:

Angelicus

how are u still liking the leave-in? have u used it for a rollerset?
just wondering what u thought of it after long term use

poochie167 Yes, I frigging love that leave-in. I use it every single time that I rollerset. It really is good quality and worth every penny.

However, I have been cheating on it. With... *drumroll*

Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream Rich Moisture Treatment. AKA: HOMER. SIMPSON. DROOL.

OMG I used this for my my last two roller sets and my hair is more swing-a-matic than ever. I did faint and have hair-in-hand-itis with it. Don't use this as a leave-in conditioner unless you want to die and go to heaven. Homer. Simpson. Drool.

Dposh167

^^ well woot woot.
i think i'll be buying the Vanilla silk Dc...along with the leave-in. i'm sold

outspokenwallflower

Angelicus; I got my first Silk Dreams order last week (Whip my Hair, Vanilla Silk and Silky Leave-In) and yesterday placed an order for waterfalls and today placed an order for smooth as satin, although I'm going to get Creme de la silk whether I can change it or not. Your reviews have me SO. DAMN. HYPE!! I'm relaxed as well, and the way you described the products and what they did for your hair is what my hair has desperately been needing!

I'm also going to try the Vanilla Silk as a leave-in. I'm glad this line is getting superb reviews, because the price is right and considering that the owner/creator is a member of LHCF makes it all the more better. She knows what we need and listens to what we want. :)

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Texlaxed, BSL. Wear my hair straight in some form 80% of the time.

Creme de la Silk

It smells A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Like a cherry soda. The texture is smooth and creamy. Soooo yummy. Not too light or heavy and thankfully it doesn't have that 'wet' feel which I despise. I take a dab nightly and apply to my ends, just a little bit is key. This is one product where a little REALLY goes a long way. This jar is going to last me forever.

Overall Rating: A+ :yep:

Raspberry

Oh my gosh @Poranges you must have supernatural abilities cuz I was just thinking today I need to try out some Creme de la Silk :lick: Is it good for doing an overnight set for a braid-out/knot-out?

ETA: Wait.. I just scrolled up and saw Angelicus' review :lol:

Last edited:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Oh my gosh @Poranges you must have supernatural abilities cuz I was just thinking today I need to try out some Creme de la Silk :lick: Is it good for doing an overnight set for a braid-out/knot-out?

ETA: Wait.. I just scrolled up and saw Angelicus' review :lol:

I haven't tried it for a braidout but I wouldn't. I have fine strands and it would weigh my hair down. My holy grail for braidouts is Shescentit Coco Creme LI. :yep:

gorgeoushair

Re: Silk Dreams Go Moist - Moisturizing Shampoo Review

Silk Dreams Go Moist - Moisturizing Shampoo 8 oz. Review
Cost: $8.00

It's a HIT!!!​

Pros:Great bargain for the money;Only need to use a little.
Cons: The poor shampoo has schizophrenia and believes it's a conditioner.

For you people begging this seller to have a shampoo that suds up, this shampoo is definitely for you. It makes a ton of suds and it smells so GOOD! Scent: I can't really describe the scent. It definitely smells edible. Kind of like a flower or candy... it isn't overbearing. The way that it makes my hair feel is AWESOME. You will not need a conditioner after using this shampoo... but the line has some really high quality conditioners so I use them anyway.

Consistency: It's a more traditional shampoo than the "Whip My Hair Conditioner." It has a pearlesent, milky consistency with viscosity like condensed milk. I only needed to use a little bit and my whole hair started foaming up. I was kind of scared because most foamy conditioners leave my hair stripped-- my hair felt so good, clean and MOISTURIZED when I rinsed it out!

Remember how wonderful SoftSheen Breakthru used to be? It gave that clean feeling without leaving the hair stripped, while at the same time being moisturizing and strengthening? Well this shampoo works better than that.

This shampoo definitely exceeded my expectations as all Silk Dreams Products do!

I gladly give it 2 thumbs up! :up::up:

This really got my attention. This is the best poo ever. I love it! I still have some and looking for a replacement. OMG! THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I really didn't think it was possible. To think i just bought CON argan oil poo. I can't wait to try this and the rest of Supergirl products:)

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
I finally did it. I purchased a few Silk Dreams products. I couldn't decide so I wrote in and asked for recommendations. Their customer service was a delight. I went with Whip My Hair, Vanilla Silk and the Wheat Germ Butter conditioner she suggested would be great for my new growth when deep in my stretch.

I can't wait for my goodies to get here!

hair4today

Supergirl, I finally got around to using Destination Hydration that I purchased when you launched last year (yeah I know but had a lot stuff to use up first) anyhow my hair fell straight in love with DH so I hurried to your site to see about ordering another bottle but can't seem to find it anywhere. Has it been discontinued, please Pls say it ain't so?

hair4today

Philippians413, whew thank you soooo much. Honestly that conditioner is amazing. I can't get over how soft and silky my hair feels. I used it to co-wash and wow the tangles just melted. I'm going to try it again this weekend and if I get the same result, DH will definitely move to holy grail status.

Philippians413

It really is! I only have half a bottle left and I was nervous as heck thinking it was discontinued. It's definitely on my HG list.

SamandI

Vanilla silk is a must. And buy the big jar. You'll use it. I'm not loving the leave in though. And I'm still not sure how best to use cream de la silk.
The pre is great too!

Angelicus

Wow, It’s been a while since I’ve been on LHCF but I have been using Silk Dreams exclusively since I’ve been gone. I have used so many of their products and if you haven’t tried them, what are you waiting for?! This stuff is amazing and it has my hair so strong and soft! Read on and go to http://www.silkdreamshaircare.com to see what’s up!

Shea What Deux Conditioner 8 oz. 10.00

Pros: Smells great, good thick viscosity, SLIP,
Cons: I’m sorry, there are just no cons that I can find. :nono:

I love this lemon cookie-smelling goodness called Shea What Deux! :lick: This conditioner is best used after a protein conditioner. It makes the hair soft, shiny, easy to comb through. It’s just all around awesome. No protein in it—and I am perfectly okay with that! I really like that the conditioner has no cones and is PACKED with moisturizing and softening ingredients: coconut milk, shea butter, silk amino acids, lactic acid, and more! I enjoy steaming with this product for 10 minutes, then rinsing. This product definitely deserves two thumbs up! :up: :up:

---

Mocha Silk Infusion 8 oz. $12.00
Good news: Ingredient listing, smell, whipped mousse consistency.
Bad news: Sorry, none. No bad news.

This is the ultimate protein conditioner for me. I don’t even bother using mayonnaise anymore. The smell of this conditioner is truly heavenly: coffee with cocoa undertones… a HIT in my book. :lick: And the ingredients, wow! Jojoba oil, Coffee butter, Cocoa Powder, among other goodies are in here! I wake up in the middle of the night to sniff this stuff! :love:

I usually steam with this conditioner too for about 10-30 minutes and follow up with Shea What Deux Conditioner, but the other day I did an experiment to find if it would be effective by itself. I usually do 28934294 different steps before deep conditioning (clarify, moisturizing shampoo) but this time I clarified with Suave Clarifying Shampoo then immediately steamed with Mocha Silk Infusion for 20 minutes. While rinsing out this delicious conditioner, I had slip, strength, and moisture! I didn’t need to follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner like I had been doing. I still may follow-up with one occasionally but it definitely isn’t necessary.

After roller setting with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream and air-drying, my hair was so strong yet supple! I did some serious hair tossing at church! This conditioner definitely deserves two thumbs up! :up::up:

I'll try to post more reviews tomorrow, but just know you can count on Silk Dreams to give the hair real moisture, not the fake “cone-y” feel of moisture.