Silk Base Closure for weaves?? and transition update pics

Carmelella

Has anyone tried a silk base closure for full sew in weaves,.. particulary from silkbaseclosure.com?? I looked at their website and the customer pics look great and very realistic. I'm looking to get a bang so with a good install I think mine would look even more realistic.

Since January I've been doing full head weaves with the front out. My weaves always look top notch and well mixed in, but the problem is that I continually have to relax the front and I would like to stop relaxing all together. The growth of the relaxed hair (or retention) has been so slow/little compared to the rest of my hair. If this product is as good as it looks then I might just do the BC to get rid of the mess of having two textures. :grin:

So what do you ladies think? Any better closures with parts out there.

PIC so far i'm 6.5 or 7.5 months post relaxer. Not sure of the date cuz I wasn't tracking it back then.:drunk: I wanted to upload more but my pics are too big. I think i'll start a fotki or something :)

Last edited:
I never used a closure before for weaves but i was looking into one. I have never heard of this company but for my weave information i go to bhm because they just have more info on weaves and you ask questions also to if your unsure.
Oh and if you goggle it you will see some reviews coming up on youtube also.

I have used a silk closure before and I liked it since it does give the appearance of a scalp. I would suggest checking out bhm on info about silkbaseclosures.com.

I hate to say this, but i didnt like the pics on that site at all.

I wear kinky straight hair so i dont have to worry about damaging my leave out while blending. Maybe that would be a good alternative to a silk closure for you.

scarcity21 I've had 50/50 success with Hair esthetics kinky straight. I've worn 1 batch 5xs and can still get 2 more out of it. Then Ive ordered at least 3 bundles of hair that were crap, and 2 that were so so. I think they try to suck first time customers in, so you should be okay with your 1st bath. I get the cuticle remy kinky straight

Back