Silicon Mix

about once a week to once a week and a half
i leave it more than 2-3 minutes.
Last time, I did a workout of 30 minutes while I had my hair covered in silicon mix and sarandwrap.

I used to use it every week. I stopped because I cowash now, so I just DC with a protein conditoner. It is a great conditioner though.

I love this stuff. Used it for the first time last night and WIZZZOOWWWWEEEEE!!!. It was sitting in my closet for 2 months because I was scared of the mineral oil and the keratin. This stuff is lovely. I only left it in while in the shower but I am SO DC'ing with it this weekend.

I love this stuff. Used it for the first time last night and WIZZZOOWWWWEEEEE!!!. It was sitting in my closet for 2 months because I was scared of the mineral oil and the keratin. This stuff is lovely. I only left it in while in the shower but I am SO DC'ing with it this weekend.
I have some just sitting in my closet too, for this same reason. I used it once as a rinse out...never tried it as a DC

I used to like it until I found Kenra MC and Jane Carter Solution condish. :love: After using those, I tried to go back to Silicon Mix, but I hated the coated feeling it left on my hair even when I'd clarified. It was good for air drying, but rollersetting :nono:

Yes, Your Cheeziness, the same thing happened to me. I used the Silicon Mix (for the first time) last weekend, and it left a heavy coat on my hair. It was a really uncomfortable feeling. Perhaps I put too much? I don't know. I think I may use this product just once a month....

The conditioner is garbage, but the leave-in and serum are great!

I use the Protein de Pearla Silicon Mix and it is pretty good. It provides really good slip for me. I am transitioning.:grin:

Yesterday I DC'd with it with a disposable plastic cap on.. sat under dryer about 35 minutes and left it in my hair for another 90 min or so. That was really the best DC I have ever had I think.

Then after I rinsed it out, I applied just a little more as an overnight leave in along with some KBB nectar. Rinsed that out this morning. My hair has been soft all day. I am really diggin this. I will def use as an overnight leave in again. I WANT to use it as a day leave in but having it in my hair as a leave in leaves my hair too producty/hard.. but once I rinse it out in the morning its AHHHHH YESSSSS. And stays that way. ALL day.

Yesterday I DC'd with it with a disposable plastic cap on.. sat under dryer about 35 minutes and left it in my hair for another 90 min or so. That was really the best DC I have ever had I think.

Then after I rinsed it out, I applied just a little more as an overnight leave in along with some KBB nectar. Rinsed that out this morning. My hair has been soft all day. I am really diggin this. I will def use as an overnight leave in again. I WANT to use it as a day leave in but having it in my hair as a leave in leaves my hair too producty/hard.. but once I rinse it out in the morning its AHHHHH YESSSSS. And stays that way. ALL day.

I'm so happy to hear about your positive results AllieCat. Now i'm tempted to give it one more try....
What else was in your DC? Btw, do you know if Silicon Mix puts protein in your hair..?

thanks a mil

Back