SILICON MIX is THE TRUTH!!!!

My best friend's hair was matted from leaving a weave in too long. And I had to use this and some Paul Mitchell Detangler to get it undone. It took about an hour but she didn't have to cut off her hair. I do agree this stuff is the TRUTH!!!

Why oh why did I come up in here.....now I'm all excited and stuff
e011.gif

Where's the best place to buy all this Dominican stuff? I guess I'll finally jump on the bandwagon but I'm sure I can't find it in my area. Another member already told me about sickbay, are there anymore? I'm not sure where I'll order from yet. TIA

raeshan said:
I'd like to try this conditioner, but I'm not sure where to find it in the LA area.

Anyone in LA buy this conditioner?
It costs $5.99 on ibeautyny.com

Yessss, that's the site I was looking for. Man, they have so much stuff to pick from on there:spinning: ! I've broken out in a cold sweat.

dstdiva said:
i used this last night and my hair came out very nicely! interesting smell, tho...
What does it smell like? Please don't say it stinks....I can't handle stinky.

Pokahontas said:
What does it smell like? Please don't say it stinks....I can't handle stinky.

No it doesn't stink. It smells reeeeally good. You can smell it in your hair 3 days later (I'm sure longer than that) after using it.

e$h said:
No it doesn't stink. It smells reeeeally good. You can smell it in your hair 3 days later (I'm sure longer than that) after using it.

Oooh, I want it, I want it!:lick:

Is this the right silicon mix??
yhst-2926993581959_1928_6643456
Or is it the one in the jar *confused*. I'm about to make my order.

Pokahontas said:
Is this the right silicon mix??
yhst-2926993581959_1928_6643456
Or is it the one in the jar *confused*. I'm about to make my order.

It's the one in the jar. And e$h is right about the smell staying in your hair. It's one of the best smelling products I have ever used. :)

Pokahontas said:
Thank you!:)

If u want to try it I can send u what I have left (I used it once) for free. I don't like this stuff....its the same that they use in the salons here and isn't all the special in my hair. PM me if u want it.

I agree, Silicon Mix is the TRUTH :love: :love: :love:! I just tried it for the first time on Monday and I'm sold. I regret not getting the bigger tub (I got the 16oz). I tried to order the big tub online yesterday from sickbay but they're sold out. I hope they get a shipment soon. Anyhow, I'm 9 weeks post and my hair has NEVER felt this good at this point. I mean it when I say NEVER. My hair is sooo soft, shiny and silky; I love it! As I said in another thread, my new growth/curl has loosened making my hair much more easier to handle. I can't keep my fingers out of my hair..lol! I attribute the condition of my hair to my beloved Silicon mix in addition to my leave-in cons lacio lacio and salerm-21. I left the Silicon Mix in my hair for about 35 minutes with a shower cap and no heat. The slip is incredible and this detangled my hair like no other. This is definitely going to be a staple.

Last edited:
I am in the process of transitioning. How does this stuff comapre to Elasta DPR-11? 'Cuz I'm in love with Elasta and it's gonna take a lot to pry me away. But if you all think this stuff is the bomb, I may have to try it out! Can someone let a sista know? :ohwell:

Silicon Mix is NOT the truth for me! I bought the jar on monday, DC'd monday night and I have to say that I don't like it for me. Maybe it's b/c I'm a natural, maybe it just doesn't agree with my hair, I dunno. When I was applying it, it felt like it was really going to do something. But after rinse-out, my hair looked dull and didn't feel as soft as with my regular DC ORS Pak.

AND How the heck can y'all stand the smell? It is way too perfumy (if that's a word). I can still smell it in my hair now! It smells like someone rolled deodorant on my hair. :mad:

i have been using it for almost 4 months now. I like it very much. The only problem is that ppl are starting to catch on and it is selling out in every BSS!!!! I drove to like 3 different ones before finding it and i think the price went up too. - $11.99 now :ohwell:

I've had this product in my supply drawer for about 6 months now and I have NEVER used it. I fell in love with ORS Replenishing pak and have not used anything else since.

I will give this a try in a couple of weeks to see if it is better than ORS.

I luv this stuff to!!! The slip:eek: the smell:D . I liked it so much I left in in my hair. Can you say staple?:grin:

I will be 4 weeks post tomorrow. I'm beginning to see and feel NG coming in. I'm also going to a Dominican salon to get a shampoo, deep cond, and roller set. Afterwards, I will be stopping at the Asian BSS next door to pick up a few Dominican products. Being the PJ that I am and the hair inspiration I've received from Kinikakes, here is my list:

Silicon Mix
Narcidit Aceite de Oliva Shampoo
Narcidit Aceite de Oliva Rinse
Narcidit Avocado Conditioner

The BSS also carries:
Miss Key 10 en 1 conditioner
Emergencia conditioner
Narcidit Aceite de Oliva Conditioner
Alter Ego products

I just wish they carried Lacio Lacio or Salerm 21 leave-ins. :(

shakira74 said:
I will be 4 weeks post tomorrow. I'm beginning to see and feel NG coming in. I'm also going to a Dominican salon to get a shampoo, deep cond, and roller set. Afterwards, I will be stopping at the Asian BSS next door to pick up a few Dominican products. Being the PJ that I am and the hair inspiration I've received from Kinikakes, here is my list:

Silicon Mix
Narcidit Aceite de Oliva Shampoo
Narcidit Aceite de Oliva Rinse
Narcidit Avocado Conditioner

The BSS also carries:
Miss Key 10 en 1 conditioner
Emergencia conditioner
Narcidit Aceite de Oliva Conditioner
Alter Ego products

I just wish they carried Lacio Lacio or Salerm 21 leave-ins. :(

What products does your salon use? You could always buy your products and take it to them to use on your hair also. Are you sure they don't carry the leave-ins? Does your salon sell them?

I love Alter Ego, Silicon Mix, and Salerm. I tried the Nacidit Aceite de Oilva shampoo but am undecided. I also bought the Aceite de Aguacate Rinse and I love iT! I want to get the conditioner next.:D

SilkyandSmooth said:
It's the one in the jar. And e$h is right about the smell staying in your hair. It's one of the best smelling products I have ever used. :)

The smell is awesome. I love this product! I have never had a conditioner work this well! I thought that my Humectress smoothed out NG, but this...this was heaven! :grin:

I used it as a deep conditioner after shampooing with Therappe and then Creme of Nature poos (needed to get all that S-Curl out of my hair which made my hair feel gummy and sticky).

After I rinsed out the Silicon Mix, I used Lacio Lacio as a leave-in. My hair was super conditioned and smelled beautiful. I will neva, eva be without this product! NEVA! :lol:

Silicon Mix is my new LOVE!

SO SILICON MIX CAN BE USED AS A DEEP CONDITIONER LADIES? AFTER SEEING SO MANY GOOD REVIEWS I'M REALLY INTERESTED IN TRYING IT FOR MY NEXT VISIT TO THE SALON.

darkempress said:
SO SILICON MIX CAN BE USED AS A DEEP CONDITIONER LADIES? AFTER SEEING SO MANY GOOD REVIEWS I'M REALLY INTERESTED IN TRYING IT FOR MY NEXT VISIT TO THE SALON.

Hello darkempress "QT" :)
Yes, I used it as a dc and it was FABULOUS!

On the strength of this thread, I ordered this and WOW!!!!!:eek:

LOVE this stuff and it has definitely become one of my staples.:)

:eek: :eek: OH MY GOODNESS....I just got my first order silicon mix and lacio lacio today, and I just want to slap someone I'm so excited right now!!! :fishslap: Yall aint never lied to a sista. This stuff is the Bombdiggity. I'm close to 8 weeks post and this smoothed out every bump and curl on my head. I love it.

Back