Silicon Mix ... how long do you leave it on?

LadyZ

misscrystal said:
Hey, I just checked out your album and your progress is great! But I really wanted to tell you how cute your tatoo is!! I love Hello Kitty!

Thanks MissCrystal,
I love "Hello Kitty"... He or She Is Just toooo cute...

LadyZ

I used mine today and I am a mixer... so I added some 10 en 1 and a little Aphogee Fatty Oils, then went under the dryer for 5 minutes, then did some chores... I rinsed out about 35 minutes later... I tell you Ladies :eek: My hair was like silk and felt like butter... This is the only conditioner I need for ever... Don't sleep on this one... I LOVE IT.... I usually deep condition for an hour or more... but I was pressed for time, this being a work day... but the 40 minutes was more than enough...WOW

LadyZ

lisajames96 said:
Hello ladies,

I went to the sickbay site. Is this the product you are talking about. Is this the conditioner you rinse out?
TIA -lisa:cool:

Yes, that's it......

LiLi

LadyZ said:
I used mine today and I am a mixer... so I added some 10 en 1 and a little Aphogee Fatty Oils, then went under the dryer for 5 minutes, then did some chores... I rinsed out about 35 minutes later... I tell you Ladies :eek: My hair was like silk and felt like butter... This is the only conditioner I need for ever... Don't sleep on this one it is worth every penny... I LOVE IT.... I usually deep condition for an hour or more... but I was pressed for time, this being a work day... but the 40 minutes was more than enough...WOW

It's weird isn't it? .... it's almost like it totally changes the texture of your hair!!! When I felt my new growth after using it, it was like I was touching someone else's hair. I love it!

HOWEVER, I was in a rush the other day and only let it sit for like 5 minutes (no heat with a plastic cap on) and it felt as though I didn't put anything on my hair -- it was dry and rough. So, even though the jar says to leave it on for 3-5 minutes I don't think it applies to someone with 4b new growth and several sections of underprocessed hair (dry & frizzy). I feel that leaving it on for 30 minutes gave it time to penetrate my hair (if that makes any sense). So I will have to use this when I have time to let it sit - twice/week and then use my other staples for the rest of the week.

lisajames96

LadyZ said:
Yes, that's it......

Thanks,
arrhhhg!.... My DH is going to cut up my card. Off to buy some.(don't try and stop me)...lol...j/k this is still within my pj quota for the year!
:cool:

lisajames96

Well, I got mine delivered about a week ago, but I just got around to trying it last night. I acv washed my hair and towel dried it. I put the mix on my hair and massaged it through. It reminded me of a relaxer. I left it on my hair for 20 minutes(covered with a plastic cap). I rinsed it out and used my wide tooth comb to detangle. I am 6 weeks post relaxer, but my comb went through my hair like I had just rinsed out a new relaxer. I was like whoa! The only drawback was that since I bought it, my morning sickness has started and the smell(although normally a nice smell I'm sure) is unbearable :eek: . I am going to wash my hair again tonight to get the smell out. Unfortunately I wont be using this again anytime soon. If my nausea stops sometimes with in the next few weeks, then I will start back using it, but if not, I will be giving it away. Great product though, thumbs up:)
-lisa

lovechic

I used my again this morning the second time around, I left it on for 1 hour! The longer, the better!

mommatide

i have used the silicon mix leave in. the bottle does not say anything about d/c and rinsing it out. is there more than one silicon mix?

divinefavor

atl_mulattamami said:
I see you live in Lawrenceville! Me too! Did you go to Lilly's?

I'm so sorry I just saw this post. Where are you in Lawrenceville?

I went to Different Hair Salon on Jimmy Carter and Rockbridge. It's in that plaza where Rainbow is and the old Kmart.

Last edited:

karezone

are silicon mix and 10 en 1 considered moisturizing or light protein?
Also if you had to choose one which would it be?