Silicon Mix ... how long do you leave it on?

LiLi

I just received my Silicon Mix today :yay: . The bottle says to leave it on for 2-3 minutes. How long is everyone leaving theirs on and if you have done both, do you notice any difference on way or the other? This stuff smells good and felt really good when I was putting it on.

LadyZ

Bumping this post...
I just received mine too along with 10 en 1..... I would like to know how to use it also....

Please ladies help

Last edited:

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I leave it on for about 20 minutes while sitting under the dryer, then rinse. Everytime I use this conditioner my hair just melts in my hands while I'm rinsing it out. It detangles wonderfully!

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
LadyZ said:
Bumping this post...
I just received mine too along with 10 en 1..... I would like to know how to use it also....

Please ladies help
Hey, I just checked out your album and your progress is great! But I really wanted to tell you how cute your tatoo is!! I love Hello Kitty!

Mystic

I do the same thing - rub it in gently..., DC for 20-25 mins. Can also be mixed with Lacio Lacio then DC.

LiLi

mochamadness said:
I leave it on for about 20 minutes while sitting under the dryer, then rinse. Everytime I use this conditioner my hair just melts in my hands while I'm rinsing it out. It detangles wonderfully!

Thank you for replying. I left it on yesterday for about 30 minutes without any heat and I loved the way my hair (especially my new growth) felt after it was rinsed out. I just love the smell of this. I used it along with the Sedal Hidraloe and I love the results. Next time I will try it with heat.

LiLi

ivanay said:
I do the same thing - rub it in gently..., DC for 20-25 mins. Can also be mixed with Lacio Lacio then DC.

Thank you ... with or without heat?

cocopuff

I just received my Silicon Mix this week also and I used it for abnout 20-30 minutes with my heating cap. I rinsed it out and my hair felt extremely soft and it was actually shiny. When I blowdried my hair, the comb attatchment glided through my hair. I went ot the website to order the 2 lb tub, bhut it was SOLD OUT already!! Man, I wish I would have known to order the bigger tub in the first place.

Cincysweetie

LadyZ said:
Bumping this post...

Please ladies help
Lady Z, I just wanted to say your hair is looking great!!! I'm loving your growth! Go on girl! :grin:

LiLi

CookieLAD said:
20 min with heat... :love:

Okay I am going to have to try it with heat. I loved it without heat but if heat makes it better then I will try it that way. Gosh I love the smell of this stuff!

Another question (maybe I should start another thread??). How many times/week do you use this? I would love to be able to use this everyday but it has keratin in it and I'm not sure if that can be applied to the hair daily.

LiLi

vikkisecret said:
I left the silicon mix on my hair for 30 min with heating cap. My hair was soft, smooth, and bouncy as ever!

I noticed that you use almost the same products that I do. Would you say that Silicon Mix is your favorite now? If not, what is?

I didn't think that I would love this conditioner so much. My hair feels so different when I use it. :shocked:

divinefavor

I used the Silicon Mix shampoo and conditioner treatment yesterday morning before going to church. I really like it, my hair had shine and bounce. I didn't use it with heat though. I let sit on my head for a while as I was ironing and getting things together for church. I'll try this with heat next time.

lovechic

cocopuff said:
I just received my Silicon Mix this week also and I used it for abnout 20-30 minutes with my heating cap. I rinsed it out and my hair felt extremely soft and it was actually shiny. When I blowdried my hair, the comb attatchment glided through my hair. I went ot the website to order the 2 lb tub, bhut it was SOLD OUT already!! Man, I wish I would have known to order the bigger tub in the first place.
Don't worry, they will have more in stock SOON!

CookieLAD

LiLi said:
Another question (maybe I should start another thread??). How many times/week do you use this? I would love to be able to use this everyday but it has keratin in it and I'm not sure if that can be applied to the hair daily.

I only shampoo once per week, and I don't use Silicon Mix every time. I alternate between Keracare Humecto, and also use Miss Keys 10 en 1 every now and again. Silicon Mix is my favorite, but don't forget to clarify too!

nikipovi

I have been wondering the same thing. I wanted to buy the shampoo but I have never heard anyone mention it.

nicki6

My hair loves the Silicon Mix, so I ordered the shampoo also. This was NOT a good purchase. It made my hair feel very harsh:ohwell:

divinefavor

nicki6...I used the shampoo on Sunday and my hair felt harsh as I was washing it but after putting the conditioner on it felt soft. Maybe I'll just stick with my Keracare Shampoo.

Thanks for that health update, ClassyEbonyGirl. I don't think I'm going to using the shampoo anymore. I hate though that I spent $12 on the shampoo at the Dominican Hair Salon.

Anyone putting anything else on after the conditioner i.e. leave-in etc?

nicki6

divinefavor said:
nicki6...I used the shampoo on Sunday and my hair felt harsh as I was washing it but after putting the conditioner on it felt soft. Maybe I'll just stick with my Keracare Shampoo.

Thanks for that health update, ClassyEbonyGirl. I don't think I'm going to using the shampoo anymore. I hate though that I spent $12 on the shampoo at the Dominican Hair Salon.

Anyone putting anything else on after the conditioner i.e. leave-in etc?

Divinefavor, that was my experience also. My hair behaved the same way with Garnier Fructis(sp) Fortify shampoo for colored/relaxed hair. I need to compare the ingredients so I know what to avoid.

gn1g

I like the silicone mix, love the way it smells and makes my hair feel. I leave it on for about 10 minutes without heat buuuuuuuuuuutt it seems hard to rinse out.

And I just know that i've seen some other product with the same exact ingredients just can't recall right now