SHS vs Barber for TRIMMING!

Ayeshia

Hey guys! Well today I went to a barber to get my hair shaped up. My ends were in good condition already but when I would blow my hair out it would be uneven. When I did my big chop in November I accidently cut one side of my hair about an inch shorter than the other side.

I was terribly afraid to go to a stylist because I dont have much length to begin with. So my grandmother said "why dont you go to a barber? thats what I used to do" BINGO!!! I made an appt last night and went in today.

Well when I arrived at the shop. I was suprised to see a
few women getting their ends trimmed there. One lady had shoulder length hair and the other was in between shoulder and bra. when the barber proceeded to trim he cut off exactly what she told him to cut

The best thing is that her hair didnt look like it had been ransacked by a chainsaw
He cut about a half an inch all together and she had clean ends without sacrificing any length

I dunno how specialized they are with shaping long hair (blunt, U, V) BUT if you only want about an inch or less off I would recommend going to one of you are not a self trimmer. Since a lot of men seem to like long hair, they will cut as little as possible vs a JEALOUS female SHS with busted hair who will be quick to give you a butch cut

BTW I had to cut off an inch all together.. but you really cant tell and it looks alot better. Hopefully I wont have to trim again for awhile because in total I cut about 2 in of hair since the BC

Chanteuse

That's interesting. I went to a barber for a "shape up" back when my hair was shaved in the back, but I never thought to go for an actual trim. I'll have to remember that when I DO get my hair trimmed (hopefully not until 2005!)

I always went to the barber paid $8.00 plus tip the one time i went to the beauty salon it was $45.oo and my hair was less than an inch long ...
I never went back to the beauty parlour again ... but now that i'm growing my hair , I do not know what i should do , my braids come out in 2 weeks and I have 1 inch of growth...

webby

Think Slim
I used to go to a barber shop to get my hair trimmed; the guys used do a wonderful job, but I didn't like them for my hair when it started to grow out.