SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

LaidBak

Im braided up under my wig, going hard on the growth aides. Making a last ditch effort to get to SL before the end of the year. Got my eye on the APL challenge...

Imani

Hey ladies! I've been on (a fabulous :grin:) vacay plus taking a break/step back from the forum (for various reasons:ohwell:). I need to go back over the posts to see if there were any new grads, I think I saw one or two:grin:.

NikkiQ finally started the APL 2012 Challenge. You go girl! I might be joining:look:

Missjae09 Your hair looks so lush in your siggy!

Less than two months to go, can't believe this year is winding down already...

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Hey ladies.....I am thinking I might have to start this SL 2012 challenge. :perplexed: I have uploaded my new and improved progress pic (with the lines).....man why did I put those lines on there?!?! My hopes for making SL this yr....:nono:

NikkiQ

Hey ladies.....I am thinking I might have to start this SL 2012 challenge. :perplexed: I have uploaded my new and improved progress pic (with the lines).....man why did I put those lines on there?!?! My hopes for making SL this yr....:nono:

well let us see the pictures woman!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Oh...I had replaced the pic I had uploaded before with the new one. It's aight tho...here ya go!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
oh yea...sorry NikkiQ I'm so scatterbrained this morning. lol. The first purple line is what i gather is grazing SL, 2nd purple line is full Sl as per the SL debacle couple weeks ago...u know..scapular length. :lachen: The yellow line is APL on me.

Missjae09

@Imani
I feel you on the break! I had to take one as well.. Thank you! I must say I was pleased when I straightened, I trimmed my mini twist so my ends looked good, overall my hair is doing good, despite the fact that I've gotten LAZY! lol

Oh and to my surprise my hair seems a bit thicker than I thought it would. I still them I'm medium density though.
Hey ladies! I've been on (a fabulous :grin:) vacay plus taking a break/step back from the forum (for various reasons:ohwell:). I need to go back over the posts to see if there were any new grads, I think I saw one or two:grin:.

@NikkiQ finally started the APL 2012 Challenge. You go girl! I might be joining:look:

@Missjae09 Your hair looks so lush in your siggy!

Less than two months to go, can't believe this year is winding down already...

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Really? It's just that I was unsure of what was really SL. Cause initially I thought SL was just once u passed your neck, but then I realised persons were claiming SL at longer lengths. I just wanted to claim it when it was undeniable. I think I will just wait and officially claim it in Dec when I do my length check.

LilMissSunshine5

Ok ladies...after months of going back and forth, I finally feel comfortable claiming SL! :yay: I will be back to post a pic later tonight...unless someone knows how to attach pics from your phone and can advise me :look: Anyhoo, Imani please add me to the list of November graduates :grin:

LilMissSunshine5

NikkiQ- I am well aware of my ridiculousness :lachen::lachen: I just needed my front and nape to get longer before I felt comfortable claiming it :grin: Honestly, I hadn't taken a stretched hair pic in a couple months and today I was shocked were my hair fell LMAO I think I might have hair anorexia :lachen: In my defense, I have been on a personal "no length check" challenge :look: I was checking 3-4x a week in September, making myself upset because I wasn't making any progress :look: I have gotten a big growth spurt since then :lol:

NikkiQ

^^^I hadn't checked the length of my hair since before my wedding in September so when I stretched the other day and realized that my nape reaches CBL, I was too tickled. Now let's see if I can not check it until the end of the year. Having twists in most def help out lol.

How long does it take you to do your mini twists?

LilMissSunshine5

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I am tempted to flat iron my hair for my birthday this weekend, but I think I will just wait until I do the end of the year length check :ohwell: I think my progress is directly related to having only used direct heat 2x this year :yep: My goal was to only use heat 4x this year, so I am super proud I will achieve it :grin: I never thought it was possible to use so little heat! This upcoming year, my goal is to only flat iron twice for trims :look:

NikkiQ- It was my first time doing mini-twists, so I was slow...it took me 7h :nono: I think when I re-do them next weekend, it will probably only take me 6h :look: I am still getting used to the rope twisting method! But not having to style my hair for a month is so worth it for me :drunk: I couldn't get my regular two strand twists to last that long without looking busted :lol: But your two strand twists look so thick and luscious, you are making me want to do bigger regular twists again :lachen:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Just saying hi guys!! Dec is soon upon us :grin: I may be going home to B'dos early Dec, so I might take down this install of braids 3 weeks early and wear my natural hair out. But I'm not sure yet.
I haven't seen my family since Jan this year....I miss them terribly. Can you imagine that I didn't even remember I had bought a return ticket when I moved back to Ja initially?! Thank God the airline called asking if they could change the flight date, otherwise the date would have passed and my money would have been down the drain. Hopefully I get the time off from work. Sorry, I'm rambling.

Anywhoos.....Happy Hair Growing!!

Sesi

Congrats to all who have attained SL by now!!!!

UPDATE:

I know I promised pics, but it will have to wait till december, since my hair is all twisted up now.

It did grow some - I am now past 6 inches in some areas.

I don't know if it was in this thread I posted about having my hair done in Ghana with all the hairdressers combing roughly.

Well now, it's time to pay the piper. On wash/comb day last week, i noticed that i had many, small, coils torn out, many split ends, and very rough ends. So they did do quite a bit of damage. No sweat, cos I suspected as much. (It was just so nice to have my hair professionally done). Sigh. So hopefully some TLC should restore my hair back.

PS: I must have the longest neck known to man. I my hair keeps growing, but i am still at CBL smh.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I took another pic.....I NEED to stop length checking. 3 more weeks to go before I take another pic:look:....ok maybe 2 weeks. :lachen:

NikkiQ

:bump: the year is coming to an end ladies!!! Anymore SL graduates??

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
@NikkiQ @faithVA hey ladies.....here is my Dec length check pic! I am gonna go ahead and claim FULL SL!!!!! :dance7: Btw I just tugged on a piece of hair randomly...no blowdry, no nuthin. Thus, I am assuming it's actually a little longer than the pic shows....I sure hope so!

Red Line -Grazing SL
Purple Line - Full SL
Green Line-Where my hair ends :grin:
Yellow Green Line- APL
Blue Line-BSB

October Length Check - 22/10/2011

December Length Check -11/12/2012 (I couldn't hold out till the 22nd....lolol)

P.S. I am still gonna take pics on the 30th Dec and I'll use those as my starting pics for challenges. I just could NOT resist the urge to length check last night. :giggle:

Last edited:

PittiPat

OMG! I can't believe that it's been a year. I plan on flat ironing sometime before Jan 1. It doesn't seem like my hair has grown much in the last couple of months, but ... we shall seeeeeeeeee! I'm so nervous!!!!