Should I wash my hair or wait....

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!
This is my first time EVER starting a thread on LHCF so please bare with me. I bumped a thread on taking care of hair after a tattoo, however, the responses has been towards the OP who asked about getting a tattoo wet on another part of her body. My tat is behind my ear and I was wondering if it's too early to wash my hair. I got my tattoo 2 days ago and it's time for my weekly hair washing. Should I wait at least one week before washing my hair or will it be okay to wash it tomorrow. I don't want to do anything that will mess up my tattoo.

Thanks

FroFab

I would wait an extra day or two and try to use a very gentle shampoo. Also try to coat your tattoo with the vaseline-like bacitration (sp?) ointment to create a barrier between it and the run-off from your poo and condish. I'd also avoid heating caps and blowdryers.

BellaLunie

I would wait an extra day or two and try to use a very gentle shampoo. Also try to coat your tattoo with the vaseline-like bacitration (sp?) ointment to create a barrier between it and the run-off from your poo and condish. I'd also avoid heating caps and blowdryers.

never use vaseline in a tat. Aquafor is better. OP as long as you wash your tat with antibacterial soap afterwards you should be fine