Short Relaxed Hair Ladies

RedMammi

I was wondering what hair routine did the ladies on the board with short relaxed hair follow. To give u an example of what I mean with short hair I am talking about the ladies with the halle berry, early jada pinkett or bob cuts. How do u maintain the cut. What shampoos do you use, etc. Do you have to use frequent heat to keep it looking good. Just curious to know.

kytrona

I had a short bob, and I used to wash about once a week with Dove Shampoo, and Condition (sometimes with heat, sometimes without) with Pantene R&N. I then sprayed with infusium mixed with Hot 6 oil, and roller set and air dry. Sometimes in between washes, I used a flat iron to style. My daily moisturizer was Cathy Howse's UBH lotion. My hair was breaking a lot, so I did an Aphogee treatment about 6 weeks ago and I've been in crochet braids since.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I had my hair cut like early Toni Braxton short. The way I grew it out was to roller wrap and set it. Worked like a dream! :D

HWAY

I had mine cut in a bob. It's a longer bob now.I have it washed and conditioner weekly. Either I or my daughter wrap it every night.

so1913

RedMammi said:
I was wondering what hair routine did the ladies on the board with short relaxed hair follow. To give u an example of what I mean with short hair I am talking about the ladies with the halle berry, early jada pinkett or bob cuts. How do u maintain the cut. What shampoos do you use, etc. Do you have to use frequent heat to keep it looking good. Just curious to know.

I'm not currently relaxed, but back in 2001 I cut my hair of very short. I went to the salon every week, wrapped everynight, and never "retouched" inbetween visits. As it started growing out, I would wash at home with Aveda or Kera Care products, use Kera Care Wrap foam, wet wrap and sit under the drier. I'd have one of my good friends curl it for me (i couldn't do short hair to save my life). I was big on Aveda serum and spray on shine for daily maintance. I relaxed about every 2.5 months, trimmed on a regular basis and kept the back tapered until the top layers started catching up. I actually have a few pictures in my album in the "past hair" folder showing how short it was cut back in 2001 and stages of growing it out before I started transitioning.