Shikakai Powder and braids

tiffanyoneal

Can I use the Shikakai Powder with my braids?:ohwell: I was reading some where about it leaving residue. Has anybody else with braids attempted this?

PassionFruit

the sandy residue dissolves nicely with a scalp massage after putting a lil shikakai ( or other) oil on your fingers

Choclatcotton

dont get the shikakai powder residue in your eyes in the shower, it will burn like the devil. My eyes were red and swollen for a day.:look:

PassionFruit

What are the benefits of Shikakai Powder? ..I keep hearing about this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikakai

The fruit pods, leaves and bark of Acacia Concinna are dried, powdered and made into a paste at home. While this paste does not produce the normal amount of lather that a regular shampoo would, it is a good cleanser. It has a natural low pH, is extremely mild, and doesn't strip hair of natural oils. Usually no rinse or conditioner is used since shikakai also acts as a detangler. It is also used to combat dandruff.[

tiffanyoneal

Thanks for the responses. They were very helpful. I brought a strainer so I could try to use it as tea but in a couple of days I will try it as a paste and if I get residue I will massage my hair with oil.