Shedding

tbaby_8

Okay ladies, I am starting to get nervous. This past saturday, I got a relaxer. My co-worker was nice enough to put it in for me. Now mind you, I scratched a little (okay, alot),:wallbash: but I always base my scalp. This time the relaxer burned alot. I used a mizani for fine/color treated hair. I always use this one. Like I said I burned alot and I had sores. My co-worker used sea breeze to eliminate the scabbing. Now I have heard of this and in the past did it, but not when I burned this bad. Once the relaxer was rinsed, I put a little moisturizer and mizani oil on my hair and sat under the dryer. My co-worker wanted to blow dry my hair and put a little heat to it. I decided against that because my head hurt so bad.

Fast forward to today. I shampooed my hair and now my hair is shedding in clumps. I mean not a strand or two here or there. I mean alot. I already have fine/thin hair and I am trying not to lose more. Please any suggestions before I am BALD!:cry:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

~*Tigget*~

Oh MY...I hate to hear this is happening to you.

Did she neutralize enough? Maybe you should neutralize several times. Then you should apply a good protein conditioner for a hour w/ plastic cap, preferably w/ heat. I use Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructer.

After that apply a moisturizing conditioner for a couple of hours or even overnight. Rinse, leave in conditioner, moisturize, seal.

What I do the 1st week after a perm is co-wash w/ moisturizing conditioner.

HTH

Last edited:

tbaby_8

Thanks for the reply. She neutralized, but she kinda shampoo'd a little rough and she stated when she finished that I had a lot of shedding. I realized that I was over due for a relaxer, but I don't recall having that much shedding in a long time, not even when I stretched for 5 months. I have some nexuss emergencee that I think I will try and use that for 15 minutes under my hood dryer. I am sooo scared because I already have fine hair and it's thin too so I don't want to look bald and I really don't want to cut my hair because it is just past APL, barely. This would be a major set back. I am sooooo upset right now, I'm about to cry.:sad:

bermudabeauty

Before you get your next relaxer please read sista slick's articles on how to prepare your hair for a relaxer. Good information. I don't think it was the sea breeze. I used to use it for the same purpose (burning after I get a relaxer), but after using sista slick's techniques, I don't have that problem anymore. Hopefully your friend left the neutralizer in a few minutes before washing. You can always try to give yourself a protein treatment and deep condition your hair. Although I have thick hair, I always have alot of shedding in general. I loose approx 50-100 hairs a day. Last week I begun using garlic hot oil treatment and garlic shampoo by Nutrine as recommended by some ladies here at LHCF. I am beginning to see a small difference in shedding. If you are interested you can buy this stuff for $5.99 each at www/bluebeez.com. Hope this helps

Last edited:

tbaby_8

Okay, I think I have my shedding under a little bit of control. This past Tuesday, I did a supper DC treatment. I DC with protein twice and then I DC with a dominican moisture conditioner. I put some avocado LIC on my hair along with some Coconut oil and put it in a bun. So far, I haven't seen a lot of shedding at this time. It is still shedding, but not as much.

I also read on here in another thread that if I shampoo with a dandruff shampoo, that might help the shedding and scaling on my scalp too. I am going to try that and let you all know. Wish me luck.