Shedding.. Is this normal or too much

strawbewie

Hey, I have been wearing cornrows for about 3 weeks with my wig. My hair feels full and soft but is this too much shedding?

This is what I got after taking them down and using my hands to remove shed hairs:

image-2964245240.jpg

Then I washed, 2-step, DC with AE, detangled in shower

image-334318638.jpg

Regimen:

I co-wash once a week, DC and co-wash weekends. Black tea rinses weekly, this week did black tea and horsetail. Normally, I use shampoo once a month. I use AE garlic conditioner weekly, garlic oil treatment, taking various vitamins. I moisturize my cornrows twice a day with chicoro mix. I use sulfur oil mix every other day and MN/mega-tek mix on the other days.

EnExitStageLeft

After three weeks my shed hair would double that and then some. I'm exaggerating a bit but you get my drift :lol:....so I'm going to say no lol

strawbewie

EnExitStageLeft said:
After three weeks my shed hair would double that and then some. I'm exaggerating a bit but you get my drift :lol:....so I'm going to say no lol

Thanks for your response.. I mostly wash my hair in cornrows so I don't know what regular/normal shedding should look like or when to be concerned.

EnExitStageLeft

Thanks for your response.. I mostly wash my hair in cornrows so I don't know what regular/normal shedding should look like or when to be concerned.

I understand. I look at it this way, the normal person can lose 50 to 150 shed hairs a day, times that by 21 (3 weeks) and thats 1050 to 3150 shed hairs. Considering that I think you came out pretty well.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
That's normal. That's about what I get in two weeks when i am hiding my hair under a wig.

SimJam

looks about normal.

I dont shed a lot, I get a wad about the size of a dime every week

Last edited:

strawbewie

I also posted this in the MN thread but this what I got this week.. After a 3 week sew-in... I'm worried

image-1674890484.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
strawbewie Now that I'm seeing last month's shedding, it looks to be about normal for you. I wouldn't worry. Do you still do blk tea rinses?

strawbewie

Thank you Froreal3 4 being helpful. I have not done the tea rinses or garlic treatment the last three weeks... I didn't think about that... I will do tea rinse today :)