Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
The past two weeks I used:
SM Coconut & Hibiscus infused Shea Butter
Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade for Hair & Body (discontinued)
El Shaddai Shea Butter African Fantasy scent
Oyin Handmade Whipped Shea Butter (unscented)

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Wash Day is today. I used the following on towel-blotted twists:
Tropic Isle Living JBCO Hair Food
Bekura Citrus Rind Sevenfold Hair Butter (discontinued)

Solila

I stopped bunning last week. LOL I was literally bunned on shea butter and caster for 4 or 5 months. And well, I could not be happier with my results. Oddly enough I think I'm grazing hip length now. Never thought that would happen, cause I swore I'd be stuck on waist length forever. LOL

Leo24Rule

I've fallen off the bandwagon of using Shea Butter, but I have 2.5 tubs in my bathroom cabinet. I was thinking of melting some of the Shea Butter and adding it to my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner so I can apply after deep conditioner or as a co-wash and then rinse with my teas. Has anyone made their own Shea Butter conditioner?

Also, I've been bunning for the last 2 weeks for work. Do you think Shea Butter is too heavy for the summer and should be only used in the winter?

imaginary

I've fallen off the bandwagon of using Shea Butter, but I have 2.5 tubs in my bathroom cabinet. I was thinking of melting some of the Shea Butter and adding it to my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner so I can apply after deep conditioner or as a co-wash and then rinse with my teas. Has anyone made their own Shea Butter conditioner?

Also, I've been bunning for the last 2 weeks for work. Do you think Shea Butter is too heavy for the summer and should be only used in the winter?

I've been applying shea butter to my hair before deep conditioning (mostly consistently) and I have noticed that my hair isn't as soft afterwards when I forget to do this.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My aunt is visiting from Nigeria and brought me some shea butter.
I'm reviewing this thread for mixes and plan to join the shea movement.
Years ago I tried the BSS shea and was not thrilled. I've recently started using SM products and have been impressed.

Leo24Rule

I've been applying shea butter to my hair before deep conditioning (mostly consistently) and I have noticed that my hair isn't as soft afterwards when I forget to do this.

My initial thought was to do what I normally do: pre-poo, ayurvedic powders to wash hair, followed up with a homemade conditioner with Shea Butter (also for co-washing), do the LOC method with this Shea Butter & JBCO ya'll talking about.

For this so called homemade conditioner with Shea Butter: Mixed with perhaps Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner, aloe vera juice, 2 oils, essential oils. Something similar to 1Ballerina on youtube who swears by everything Shea Butter

imaginary

Still using my shea butter mix as well, but working on how often to apply. I may need something heavier to seal in these dry months but I'm not sure. Going to attempt to vary my proportions.

LivingInPeace

When I washed my hair earlier this week I twisted my hair and sealed with melted shea butter. Tonight I twisted my hair with Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Cream which has shea butter. I put some Komaza Care Coconut Hair Pudding over that as a styler.

niknakmac

Deep conditioned today with SM jbco masque. I washed using SM products (I love this stuff) ans sealed with my own shea butter mix. I'm now waiting to be almost dry before I twist up.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I used the following Sunday night to reset my twistout:
SM Baby Red Tea & Babassu Healing Lotion (smells like Egyptian Musk) and
El Shaddai Shea Butter Egyptian Musk scent

It rained daily this week. My hair didn't revert or get knotted:toocool:!

Babygrowth

Hey ladies! Still using products with Shea in them and I have most recently fallen in love with Lottabody curl and style milk. I also have a homemade mix that I use in moderation. My hair is thriving!

Xaragua

I am still using shea butter on the lenght of my hair weekly. I think i might need to buy some shea butter soon.

Leo24Rule

Since last week, I either wore my hair in 15 braids or in a bun, but daily spritz hair with water, leave-in, and shea butter. I just finished making a shea butter concoction and also added pure shea butter to my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. Tomorrow is wash day so I'm just getting things ready.