Shampooing freshly relaxed hair

KM24

How soon after getting a relaxer touch-up can you shampoo your hair? I went to the salon today and my hairdresser got hairspray happy! I want to wash the hairspray out ASAP.

Peachtree

I used to wait at least 3 days

NAY007

i think you can wash it. but put a good conditioner in your hair for like 30 - 60 min. then rinse and let your hair airdry. you should be fine. i mean, you're not doing anything damaging to your hair. or you could just rinse your hair with water for a couple of minutes and do a conditioner wash. that should take the hairspray out too.
nay:)

zora

Not only have I washed my hair the same day, I've blowndried it. I wouldn't suggest the latter, but as long as you're gentle, I don't see why you can't wash the same day.

JazzAngel

When I was relaxed I loathed that relaxer funk smell. I could not wait to run home from the Salon to wash my hair every time. Really I did not comply with any of the rules that most people hava about relaxed hair. I wet when I wanted, I did not care about the rain, I went swiming and still it grew.

Plus I always waited 3 months before getting my touch ups. It's only recently I leaned that women are surpose to do it sooner.

Tracy

I wash my hair no MORE than 3 days after and I usually wash with a shampoo with a nice low PH. I like to absolutely-postitively SURE that the realxer is out. I find my hair retains more body that way somehow too (thought I can't give a real theory as to why
)

Victorian

old head
I've washed right after with no problems. I always used my own regular shampoo after using the neutralizer cuz I didn't like the smell. Back when I used to keep my blow dryer holstered at my hip, I always blow dried after relaxing. I'd deep condition with some cholesterol, slap in some blow dry lotion and go to it. Come to think of it, it always turned out silky, shiny and smooth. No wonder it took me so long to figure out the dryer was frying my ends lol.

Allandra

I've shampooed the day after, and I've also shampoooed a few days after (like two or three). I've never had a problem with this.

twinietwintwin

Well last week was my first day of shampooing right after I permed (a day later) I suggest you use a clarifying shampoo to get the build up feel of the perm out of your hair.... I agree with the girls on deep conditioning.. I deep conditioned under the hooded dryer (with a shower cap) with LeKair Cholesterol for thirty minutes and i was astonished at how soft my hair came out.... it felt like feathers... I waited another day and I put individual braids in my hair, i plan to keep them in two months (like the crown and glory method,with my own deviations) and take them out deep condition and put them back in.... I've learned to do it myself (the individual braids) and it has really been benificiary on my pocket spending.....

Good luck

crystal

Honi

There is no board.
I shampoo the day after with a neutralizing shampoo, then regular shampoo, then deep condition under the dryer for 30 minutes or so.