Severe Breakage

tess1913

I have been experiencing severe breakage since the birth of my baby. Every morning there are hairs all over my floor!! These are not hairs falling from the root these are short hairs. My hair has grown substantially, it is about two inches past my shoulders and all one length. Is there a product that anyone suggests that may be able to help this problem. I have been using the motions CPR with no luck.

Thanks in advanced!! <font color="black"> </font>

tess1913,

did you follow up CPR with a moisturizer?? otherwise that would contribute to the dryness and hence breakage. i am assuming your hair looks and feels dry and brittls and thats why it is breaking.

if the answer is no, try aphogee treatment for damaged hair and follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner like motions moisture plus or mizani moisturefuse

HTH

I have not been following up with a moisturizer, I will try that and see how it works.

Thanks!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[broken record over here...] curl activator works really well the keep the ends moisturized and cut down on breakage. my favorites are S-Curl No Drip spray and World of Curls gel in the tub. both are pretty inexpensive too. give it a try. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

p.s. congratulations on the baby!!! /images/graemlins/baby2.gif

Moisturize your hair and do away with styling for now if you can. The CPR is good, but generally all protein should be followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Water is the best source of moisturizer. I would recommend a routine similar to this one. You can tweak it to your needs.

Wash 2x weekly, deep condition with plastic cap for 20 min each time, apply a leave-in conditioner and detangle. Spray some S-Curl no drip curl activator all over hair concentrating on the ends and length, and then follow up with a good moisturizer to seal in this moisture (example: elasta qp mango butter, profective megagrowth or ORS Carrot oil; any of which can be used in conjunction with some olive oil or other good oil). Finally, put your hair in a ponytail and tuck those ends away and you're done. Spray daily with the activator and apply creams as needed. Oh, I almost forgot, prior to the wash, 1x per week, you can do a hotoil treatment with the oil of your choice. HTH.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
good regime armyqt!! I think i'll be following that myself, thanks for the info

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime Beana. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

hey, great regime, armyqt. the thing that i love is it's so simple that it's easy to be consistent! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Thanks Armyqt!! I appreciate the info. <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>
I will try this tonight.
I also have another question for you ladies. Do you know of an excellent way of drying hair besides blowdrying or rollersetting. I am pressed for time during the week due to four kids one being a new one, and work.

Tess, if you follow the regime above, your hair can air dry in the ponytail. It's best to do this at night so your hair can dry overnight. HTH

i wrote down this regime for when i take my braids out. even though i have been on these boards for a couple of years i have been in and out of braids most of the time and havent gotten a regime down. i hope ths works for me too. btw congrats on the new baby. /images/graemlins/baby2.gif /images/graemlins/babyb.gif /images/graemlins/babyg.gif (i think these are too cute. awwww) God bless you all.

Back